10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

was looking in EOL section but couldn't find the poll... and hey, here you are! :D

it'll be funny if all 3 modulars gone by the end of this year (GE, PS, TH), maybe they just moved the inventory to B&M stores to satisfy walk-in people who aren't as lazy as I am. lol

Don't say this.  :sorry:  I was wary enough just to buy from WM in the first place, I don't need to think about naked TH's coming my way.  I did have them shipped to store and haven't had an issue with that in the past, but you never know.

Are they in better shape when shipped to store? They are still shipped right? Or is it a difference between their own trucks and fedex?

I've got this nagging feeling that they just trolled all of us with this.

Who else calls into customer support and asks about stock and EOL information besides resellers/investors.  I could see some consumers calling in and saying "Little Johnny wants sets x,y,z which should I buy first", but how common is that?  I'm imagining them thinking they need to sell more TH, so they tell everyone that will listen that it is retiring and BAM, it sells out.  High fives all around for them while they produce this set for another couple years.

• Like 1

I have ordered GE and AA via site to store from Walmart.com and they both arrived with a label slapped on the original box.  I returned them right away.  The only time I got a shipping box was when I specifically asked for that during an exchange of a HH that arrived trashed and when I ordered 2x SSD which came in the original LEGO case.

Are they in better shape when shipped to store? They are still shipped right? Or is it a difference between their own trucks and fedex?

I've never had issues with either, but many have had pancakes show up at their door with sticker on bare boxes.  I'm not sure if this has been the case with ship-to-store.  I ordered 2, will anxiously wait until they show up.  If they are destroyed, not sure I want them, but I suppose I could trade them with someone looking for a builder set.

I have ordered GE and AA via site to store from Walmart.com and they both arrived with a label slapped on the original box.  I returned them right away.  The only time I got a shipping box was when I specifically asked for that during an exchange of a HH that arrived trashed and when I ordered 2x SSD which came in the original LEGO case.

And there you go.  So it seems the naked box is not exclusive to shipments to home address.  Can't wait.

About 70-80% of the exclusives I've ordered from Walmart.com came without a shipping box.  Almost all of them went back and I have since only ordered these sets from other online retailers or LEGO directly.  I've had a lot of bad luck with Walmart.  That being said, a damaged box sold out exclusive is still a great deal at MSRP.  Most people will be buying this to open it and put it together so box condition won't matter.

I ordered 2 for site to store & just received 2 tracking #s...why would anyone order 2 of the same thing if they didn't want them in a case pack? The sad thing is, you know the order puller probably grabbed 1 & opened the sealed case to pull out a second one to fill the order.