10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

I'm imagining them thinking they need to sell more TH, so they tell everyone that will listen that it is retiring and BAM, it sells out.  High fives all around for them while they produce this set for another couple years.

Ah ah it reminds me this (the part from 0'14" up to 0'20"):

Sorry if this is the wrong place... but Lego employee at Tysons Corner indicated this set was nowhere near retirement. Although they were out of stock.

This is the mentos VIP double points effect.

The worst scenario would be a Death Star remake.

Otherwise, it's ok to get some now IMO (retiring or not), especially with a cute free polybag and 10% off.

That implies he would be able to add more even though it is sold out everywhere, which implies it's coming back.

/drops mic

/thread

LOL...No, it implies he thought the set would be around for another year, so he has only 17 as of yesterday(according to his own words).  But knowing Uncle Ed like I do, I bet he has his fake mustaches and beards out and is scouring the Maryland LEGO stores.  

• Like 2

LOL...No, it implies he thought the set would be around for another year, so he has only 17 as of yesterday(according to his own words).  But knowing Uncle Ed like I do, I bet he has his fake mustaches and beards out and is scouring the Maryland LEGO stores.  

A part of every LEGO investor's toolkit.

disguise+kit.jpg

• Like 4

I would recommend he does what he feels appropriate. You can't say for certain it's not retiring.

It's all opinions

At this moment in time he has no choice as it's out of stock. There is sheer pandemonium everytime an item moves to OOS suggesting there are many that see the status as a factual basis for retirement. 

if Lego was to slap a retired tag on it, then it is possible. If it is just OOS till then probably in the mid 300s

$300/350 (sold items) would be awesome.

Hmm, so is TH not as going to be as popular as GE then ? IIRC when OOS GE was selling at $275-ish very close to 2x MSRP. And that was in the dead of July. If TH is as popular as people think, shouldn't it be selling closer to $400 in December ?

That implies he would be able to add more even though it is sold out everywhere, which implies it's coming back.

/drops mic

/thread

or emazers is building up some mileage TH #  as he visits every lego store along the east coast.

At this moment in time he has no choice as it's out of stock. There is sheer pandemonium everytime an item moves to OOS suggesting there are many that see the status as a factual basis for retirement. 

its not OOS though - its SOLD OUT.

no one would care if it was OOS - the pet shop is OOS.

lots of new stuff is listed as OOS.

the fact that in the fourth quarter of 2014 one of the 3 boxes left at a retail store that didn't even open until summer of 2014 with seal codes indicating manufactured around the same time last year says that this set is a stinker in terms of sales volumes and given the large number of other $199 sets, TH is being given the axe.

i was a huge skeptic about TH or PS retiring this year but now i think i was totally wrong about this one.

Edited by cladner

Life's not fair.

The LE 4x4 crawler is way more "advanced", more challenging to build, more interesting to play with.

It's even more limited.

The only reason it's not appreciating is YOU, investor scums! You guys overhoarded it.

BTW I probably got the last ones from a retail store in the US. It was late December 2013

if 2 or more tape seals are look this, you might want to open and inspect the contents.  an open box with sealed contents will still be valued close to MISB.  if you are missing things, you have to take action.

if only 1 seal on each box has this problem, inspect the other seals.

My latest shipment of eight town halls each came with one set of the seals broken. There is thin clear tape placed over the broken seals. Has anyone ever seen something like this? Would you return all eight?