10224 - Town Hall

Ed Mack

What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?  

312 members have voted

1. 1. What year will 10224 Town Hall be officially retired?

• In 2014, tagged or labeled "retired"
    • In 2015 or later, tagged or labeled "retired"

The poll is a bit flawed imo. IF it would officially retire as said by rumours of employees, it would be 2015. The question is more, is it in january 2015 or not.

the question is whether the set will retire in 2014 or 2015 (meaning it's slapped w/ the "retired" label. 

pretty straightforward.

its not OOS though - its SOLD OUT.

Like the Exo Suit yeah? Look how that turned out. Maybe it's done then maybe it's not, who knows. I'm unconvinced it's days are numbered. What if it got smashed into at the start of the double VIP period. Stock got rinsed and caught Lego out. If this has been a slow burner then another production run might not have been agreed yet. On this basis it's going to get stuck on 'Sold Out' with no option to purchase until they confirm dates of a new run.
  • Like 1

I think the Town Hall will be out for a while, most sets will say Sold Out from now and then, I did buy 2 yesterday and will be getting a few more as I will have 10-15 thats it. I would rather have tons of R2-D2 Droids and Batman Ayslums and a few other ones.    Ed

Do you mind sharing what are few other ones?

Like the Exo Suit yeah? Look how that turned out. Maybe it's done then maybe it's not, who knows. I'm unconvinced it's days are numbered. What if it got smashed into at the start of the double VIP period. Stock got rinsed and caught Lego out. If this has been a slow burner then another production run might not have been agreed yet. On this basis it's going to get stuck on 'Sold Out' with no option to purchase until they confirm dates of a new run.

You can lead a horse to water....

• Like 1

the question is whether the set will retire in 2014 or 2015 (meaning it's slapped w/ the "retired" label. 

pretty straightforward.

I understand and yes it is straightforward but what I mean is that there are rumours that it will retire in january instead of staying until after Pet Shop has retired. There are no rumours that it will retire officially in 2014. Perhaps out of stock but not retired.

I understand and yes it is straightforward but what I mean is that there are rumours that it will retire in january instead of staying until after Pet Shop has retired. There are no rumours that it will retire officially in 2014. Perhaps out of stock but not retired.

...but you can't make them drink.

• Like 1

...but you can't make them drink.

The reason I only sip a little (instead of drank jugs and jugs of the water / cool aid ;) ) is I just do not see this set hitting 3x MSRP in 4 years. In contrast, SSD has that potential, as bulky as it is :)

I have very limited budget, so I cannot buy anything just because it is OOS.

Edited by Darth_Raichu

Just finished online chat with Amazon they have them in stock but they have to be relabeled as people were getting shipped the wrong item per their rep.

Did they give an ETA on when it will go live back in stock?  Feel free to PM me since there are so many anti retirement TH people on here they don't need to know (tease).