Fantasy baseball

hxckid88

I was there is '83 I think.  I loved George Brett but the Cubs were always my team.

You kidding, I'd have paid good money to be in the stadium for that incident.  That's one of the greatest outbursts in baseball history, and dude got screwed.

true.  I was more or less thinking of him as a Royal's fan, because the team got screwed as well.

Edited by vexxet

Shane victorino has always been a favorite of mine. I remember the game he got thrown out . He was in center field and home plate umpire threw him out. Was a sight to see.

Remember the randy Johnson killing a bird incident?

Padres are a sleeper team to watch this year. Just tough division.

On fantasy baseball note. I've seen 3 people from last year rejoin on league. Problem is I have no clue who u r..... Please make my life easier and tell me who u on here. So I can see how many slots are left. Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

So I bet you are going to love Rollins on the Dodgers huh?  I absolutely do NOT understand what Friedman's trying to do.... well I do, but I dont.  Trading away Dee Gordon for one year of Howie Kendrick is just... weird.  I also hope that Andrew Heaney becomes a cy young pitcher so I can laugh at them basically giving away Dee Gordon for nothing.  I dont think Seager will stick at shortstop and that he might have to move to third.  Dodgers might have a longer adjustment period that most people think so the Padres could make a run at it early if their offense clicks, and providing that the Dbacks finally don't get things going.  A healthy Goldschmidt and Archie Bradley finally making it to the bigs might get them going.  Poor Rockies... I have no idea what they have because their team is just always hurt.  The Padres might have the best overall rotation (I know I know the Dodgers are insanely good).  The only reason why I don't like the Dodgers is that they have way too many new pieces on the team.  We will see how that unfolds I guess.

Shane victorino has always been a favorite of mine. I remember the game he got thrown out . He was in center field and home plate umpire threw him out. Was a sight to see.

Remember the randy Johnson killing a bird incident?

On fantasy baseball note. I've seen 3 people from last year rejoin on league. Problem is I have no clue who u r..... Please make my life easier and tell me who u on here. So I can see how many slots are left. Thanks.

Deek's cubbies = deeker

Huskers1236 = me

10188fastball = you

Phatasses = grackleflint

OrangeJoulys = redghostx

Austin's team = ??

Upper den dekkers = ??

Trying to remember some others who were in last year but coming up blank for the most part.  Was ccmarley in the league?

Deek's cubbies = deeker

Huskers1236 = me

10188fastball = you

Phatasses = grackleflint

OrangeJoulys = redghostx

Austin's team = ??

Upper den dekkers = ??

Trying to remember some others who were in last year but coming up blank for the most part. Was ccmarley in the league?

not sure. Upper den dekkers in out. Be was my personal friend and just got accepted. Into a police academy so no time.

Austin team. Not sure either. Not sure about CC-Marley.

I'm snowed in and have some time tomorrow so I'm going to go through and post here who is in.

The most prevalent newcomer who posts a lot here is trekgate. He is in.

The hard part this year is going for 15-16 teams which we will have and me trying to accommodate everyone for the draft.

Have you seen the max. Number of teams we can have? Is it 15 16 or something else? I'm assuming if 15 each team will just get a bye

not sure. Upper den dekkers in out. Be was my personal friend and just got accepted. Into a police academy so no time.

Austin team. Not sure either. Not sure about CC-Marley.

I'm snowed in and have some time tomorrow so I'm going to go through and post here who is in.

The most prevalent newcomer who posts a lot here is trekgate. He is in.

The hard part this year is going for 15-16 teams which we will have and me trying to accommodate everyone for the draft.

Have you seen the max. Number of teams we can have? Is it 15 16 or something else? I'm assuming if 15 each team will just get a bye

I was able to find the '14 league.  There were also team names of:

MLBrickers = ??

Maniac's Minions = Think this was ccmarley

10221 Destroyers = ??

This should be all 10 teams.  Most guys used their first names for managers so it makes it hard to know their screen names here.

BIG UPDATE:  alright everyone. below is a list of prize structure and confirmed teams. one thing that I would REALLY appreciate is if you use your names on brickpicker as your team names. it just makes my life a bit easier. I have 15 teams. as in people who said I want in. im sure one or two will fall off the earth as always does. we can have a max of 20 teams so their are still slots for anyone who wants in. EVERYONE in the league is a brickpicker memneber,

without further to do here are the people in :

myself (hxckid88)

Huskers1236

redghostx

derek ( who are u btw on here)

Nickkim38

stoltzjl77

trekgate502

boxofcorey

loki1244

jaxman

pcaster

vexxet

sroster

cbenioff

Buy in is $70.00. Prizes ( retirement or availability have 0 affect. prizes stated are what you will get as in it dosnt matter if death star retires tomorrow or never, grand prize sis as stated.)

1st prize - NISB Death Star 10188

2nd place - $ 150.00 giftcard to your place of choice. ( yes I am willing to do multiple places for a total of 150.00 if you so choose.)

3rd prize will go to the team with the best overall record during the season. This team will receive their 70.00 back.

so, technically you can win a death star and your money back.

Now, whether I send you a death star from my stock or I send you one from amazon or lego will depend on how far you lve from me and the availability at that time. shipping is on me of course. you win a death star, straight up.

Now the tricky part here is coming up with a time and draft day....

I will get in touch with all of you soon in regards to sending payment. There will be a deadline for payment. Im not chasing or hounding people down.

with all that said. post thoughts. pm me. etc.   Go O's and whoever the hell is on my team this year.

Edited by hxckid88
  • Like 3

BIG UPDATE:  alright everyone. below is a list of prize structure and confirmed teams. one thing that I would REALLY appreciate is if you use your names on brickpicker as your team names. it just makes my life a bit easier. I have 15 teams. as in people who said I want in. im sure one or two will fall off the earth as always does. we can have a max of 20 teams so their are still slots for anyone who wants in. EVERYONE in the league is a brickpicker memneber,

without further to do here are the people in :

myself (hxckid88)

Huskers1236

redghostx

derek ( who are u btw on here)

Nickkim38

stoltzjl77

trekgate502

boxofcorey

loki1244

jaxman

pcaster

vexxet

sroster

cbenioff

Buy in is $70.00. Prizes ( retirement or availability have 0 affect. prizes stated are what you will get as in it dosnt matter if death star retires tomorrow or never, grand prize sis as stated.)

1st prize - NISB Death Star 10188

2nd place - $ 150.00 giftcard to your place of choice. ( yes I am willing to do multiple places for a total of 150.00 if you so choose.)

3rd prize will go to the team with the best overall record during the season. This team will receive their 70.00 back.

so, technically you can win a death star and your money back.

Now, whether I send you a death star from my stock or I send you one from amazon or lego will depend on how far you lve from me and the availability at that time. shipping is on me of course. you win a death star, straight up.

Now the tricky part here is coming up with a time and draft day....

I will get in touch with all of you soon in regards to sending payment. There will be a deadline for payment. Im not chasing or hounding people down.

with all that said. post thoughts. pm me. etc.   Go O's and whoever the hell is on my team this year.

3rd prize (or 3rd and 4th?) should go to the top finisher out of the money so that there isn't double dipping.  You have $1050 in prize fees and only 620 in prizes (650 after shipping)

What are the new categories, I will do my usual zero prep so I need to know in advance so that I can scan quickly during the draft.

I like the idea as do others of double dipping. I'm not opposed to having a 4 th prize.

I just don't think it's fair and actually dumb if the best overall team. As in team with best record, most wins ends up getting nothing. They should be rewarded for best team.

I had no idea how many teams I'd get. Thought maybe only ten. I'm defiantly OK with another prize. But it does take work and effort to run league. Also if ds retires and hits a grand or something you still get a ds. Even if I have to shell out one of my own.

As for other settings I and Huskers are tweaking it. Will be very similar to last year. One of the changes will be pitching won't be so dominant compared to hitting and less bench spots as their will be more teams.

I would recommend that once you have collected the $1050 you purchase the prize sets with those funds and treat those seperately. No need to comingle with your own sets.

You could issue prizes based upon the current retail value of the sets. 1st place Death Star 2nd place Tower Bridge 3rd ToO 4th Palace Cinena. Something like that. And use the entry money for shipping, no need to use your own funds.

My two cents.

• Like 1

The prizes should equal the sum of the dues in my opinion. I play in 4-5 leagues a year and this has always been the case in my experience. I run one of them and it's a pain but it's also fun and I know what I'm getting into. A DS could be drop-shipped from Amazon for free shipping so unless it retires that shouldn't be an issue. If it retires I am sure no one will be disappointed in an equal cash prize or lego store gift card etc.

My 2 cents. Thanks for setting this up.

Great idea on buying sets now once funds are collected. I'll likely do that.

I really don't want to have to ask someone to pay for me to ship their prize. I think that's kind of lame but just my opinion. If the majority sees diffent I have no issue doing it that way. I don't want to have to not will I renag on a set if it retires. I think that adds to fun.

I mean how cool would it be if in October ds is retired and selling for a grand.... And u get one. It's not right or fair for me to say I'll just give u 400 bucks to get a prize u csnt get for that price now. So buying the set now may be best idea or pulling from my stash.

Appreciate feedback. Keep it coming and I'll work out more fine details.

I do like 3 and at most 4 prizes. I hate mindset of everyone gets a trophy little League thing. Haha

Great idea on buying sets now once funds are collected. I'll likely do that.

I really don't want to have to ask someone to pay for me to ship their prize. I think that's kind of lame but just my opinion. If the majority sees diffent I have no issue doing it that way. I don't want to have to not will I renag on a set if it retires. I think that adds to fun.

I mean how cool would it be if in October ds is retired and selling for a grand.... And u get one. It's not right or fair for me to say I'll just give u 400 bucks to get a prize u csnt get for that price now. So buying the set now may be best idea or pulling from my stash.

Appreciate feedback. Keep it coming and I'll work out more fine details.

I do like 3 and at most 4 prizes. I hate mindset of everyone gets a trophy little League thing. Haha

maybe do this.  keep the 70$ thing for the person that wins the regular season, DS for first, 250$ item(TB, EV, etc) for second and PR PC or DO for third.  and hold the rest for shipping?  and if there is enough left over for a 4th place person maybe a mini cooper or something? 

just input bro if you (and everyone else) want to do something totally different no big deal.