Fantasy baseball

hxckid88

With only a 21 person roster, splitting saves and holds isn't a great idea as we are basically having a category for each position based on one person's stats.  Combining the categories keeps both closers and 8th inning pitchers equally valuable.  Consider adding walks as a negative pitching category instead.

• Like 1

With only a 21 person roster, splitting saves and holds isn't a great idea as we are basically having a category for each position based on one person's stats.  Combining the categories keeps both closers and 8th inning pitchers equally valuable.  Consider adding walks as a negative pitching category instead.

Walks are already factored in with WHIP.  RP's also contribute to ERA, WHIP, K's, and sometimes W's and L's.  They aren't a one trick pony.

I don't think you guys realize how deep this draft is going to be with 18 players.  I did a mock with 12 at 23 player team and we were drafting dregs by the end.  That's 276 players.  At 18 and 21 deep, we're at 378

Walks are already factored in with WHIP. RP's also contribute to ERA, WHIP, K's, and sometimes W's and L's. They aren't a one trick pony.

I don't think you guys realize how deep this draft is going to be with 18 players. I did a mock with 12 at 23 player team and we were drafting dregs by the end. That's 276 players. At 18 and 21 deep, we're at 378.

O I do. See my pm.

It's gonna be fun though. Interesting with this number for sure. But I think very balanced.

things are going well.

18 people locked in. still awaiting payment form 5 of you. 6 days left to pay or I will send ONE message. if I don't here back within a day I will use a replacement. just be an adult and make my life easy and pay. thanks :)

a few have asked about draft. It is a live snake style draft. it is March 22nd (sunday) at 8:30 pm est. sign in early. there is a chat side menu and we usually have some fun convo abot lego, brickpicker and baseball. BYOB. :)  I will be on around 8. feel free to chat me up.

a snake style works as yahoo randomly selects draft order. then when it is your turn you select the player you want. yahoo has everyone ranked so its really easy to not big a dud even if you know nothing. a snake draft means that for example, if you are the last pick in 1st round, you get 1st pick on second round. makes things fair.

if, you cannot be at draft, yahoo will draft for you according to rankings. you can manually edit it so they draft according to your rankings.

live draft is a blast.

any other comments, or opions pm me or post here.

I know many like to check here and bp app is great. would you all prefer to keep convo here on an easy to follow thread or use the yahoo fantasy app messaging for posts and such?

Good evening all.

we are about set next week for draft. all prizes bought, teams signed up, most have paid.

I am awaiting payment from the following:

Deeks cubbies

Orange jholys

boxofcorey 

mlbrickers

just you 4. please pay. thanks.

anyone else have questions, don't hesitate to ask.

I have one person who is in if absolutely must be.

Change *** players around and such litterly takes seconds on the app. Unless you won't be near your phone but with such a deep league hanging players around may not even be necessary.

This was Part of the motive to have a deep league as I realize not everyone has the same amount of free time and isn't always attached to their phone or computer.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Edited by hxckid88

I had a few questions about the draft and figured I'd post them here as others new to the league may have the same questions.  I'm okay with moving the conversations to the yahoo league page once the draft is completed if not sooner if needed.

How much time is allotted for each pick and what can we expect for total draft time with 18 teams x 21 players per team?

Also, if we set up our draft rankings ahead of time, do we need to log in just prior to the draft at 8:30 p.m. on Sunday to set the status to "ready to draft" or will the rankings be recognized if we're not online? 

Too many pitchers are going down with TJ surgery.  I hate to think of how many will be lost before the season actually starts and how many of those might be drafted.

1. Last year we did move Convo but more Europe seems to talk here. If it's not showing up in feed and taking away from brickpicker we can Contime here. But honestly once season starts there isn't as much talk. We can talk about other fun baseball stuff here too. Every member in fantasy is a member here.

Draft will take about 2 hours. Bring ur favorite 6 pack and chat it up about lego and baseball in between draft picks. I believe it's 2 minutes max between each pick.

I'm not sure on 3.*i believe it auto picks best player available according to ur rankings if not signed it. If u didn't pick thenit picks there opinion of best player available.

4. That's why we do draft late. I believe the year wainwright want down we did draft too early. Chance u take. Ur best player could also break his leg first game of season.

I feel sorry for any newbies who make take tulowiski for this reason.

I drafted Tulowitzki last year and I have no regrets (my brother regularly drafts him as well and he always finishes 1st-3rd in both HTH and points). He tends to give you top 10 value for 100 games, then you need a replacement and Tulo was a lot easier for me to replace than Goldschmidt was for huskers.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Those that haven't paid yet need to get that done or will be dropped before the draft. If you aren't planning on playing please say so so that we can plan accordingly. If you haven't paid at draft time you are not playing. Please get it done as we draft in 4 days.

To reiterate it's 3 of you. 2 of which I don't know who you are on here. I sent email twice via the league.

Orange jholeys and mlbrickers, and box of Cory.

Please get up with me and let me know what's up. No hard feelings if something came up but I and huskers need to know so we can adjust plan. Please and thank you.

There isn't. Their is one but he is likely replacing one of the other two that I havnt heard from....

Aiya ;)

I will pay Saturday night if I am still needed. I would wait until 829pm on Sunday but that's cutting it close for you (lol).

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Why the wait?  If you don't really want to play or pay this much that's cool, but waiting until the last second isn't.  One of the 3 remaining has said they aren't playing anymore leaving us with an odd number.  If you or MLBrickers don't want to play and the other does that puts us back even, but we need to know because it won't let us play with odd number.

Why the wait? If you don't really want to play or pay this much that's cool, but waiting until the last second isn't. One of the 3 remaining has said they aren't playing anymore leaving us with an odd number. If you or MLBrickers don't want to play and the other does that puts us back even, but we need to know because it won't let us play with odd number.

The odd number is exactly why I am waiting until Saturday. If you have an odd number then I will fill it up to make it even. If you have an even number, then I won't make it odd. :)

The money isn't an issue, I think that it is mostly a time issue this year.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

OK, so sorry I know this is findable in the thread or the league page but I'm a lazy, lazy man.  Where did we land on the scoring categories?  I'm not sure I'll be around for the draft so want to set up my autodraft list beforehand and gotta know the cats to make some tough decisions.

OK, so sorry I know this is findable in the thread or the league page but I'm a lazy, lazy man. Where did we land on the scoring categories? I'm not sure I'll be around for the draft so want to set up my autodraft list beforehand and gotta know the cats to make some tough decisions.

I'm post here shortly. Give me a few hours. multitasking so much right now. Processing three loans for people. Yay. Money money.

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Strikeouts (K), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Pitching Appearances (APP), Wins (W), Losses (L), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Saves + Holds (SV+****)

• Like 2