Fantasy baseball

hxckid88

This thread "reads" like a lot of whining.  I don't see why the categories need a massive overhaul and not just a tweak.  Head to head works fine because 6 teams make the playoffs and anything goes and many of us are not stat junkies, myself included as the only stat that matters to me is when Tulowitzki will be on the DL.

Also, I liked the number of bench (maybe reduce by 1 or 2) and DL spots that we had last year as it forced you to decide whether to keep the extra players on your roster, using up a bench spot, or set them free - drafting and picking up reliable players is part of the game.

7x7

With a complete checks and balance in stats. So I think *** gets over powered. One of those stats should be holds+saves combined.

I think the above would Make everyone happy and is fair.

I'm taking a rod first round. 50 Homers 350 ba all yeahhhh.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

7x7

With a complete checks and balance in stats. So I think *** gets over powered. One of those stats should be holds+saves combined.

I think the above would Make everyone happy and is fair.

I'm taking a rod first round. 50 Homers 350 ba all yeahhhh.

I took AFraud in the last round in my last mock. 

If they quit, oh well.  So long as at that point they don't get talked into trading Mike Trout for a bunch of crap players that are waiver wire types.  I seriously doubt anyone would pull that crap here but I assume there is some sort of block against lopsided trades, especially since money is at stake.

If they quit, oh well.  So long as at that point they don't get talked into trading Mike Trout for a bunch of crap players that are waiver wire types.  I seriously doubt anyone would pull that crap here but I assume there is some sort of block against lopsided trades, especially since money is at stake.

There is league vote on all trades and 2 day waiting period.

Whatever we settle on works for me.  I'm not a complete baseball nut, but the extended stats really aren't difficult to get a handle on.  Many of the broadcasts that I see already reference Holds and OPS - they shouldn't be foreign to anyone who is interested enough to play fantasy.

Either way, I predict a middle of the pack finish for team pcaster but I'll have a lot of fun along the way!

I propose last place receives a Chima fire bike.

That's just cruel, and I thought the autographed picture of HXC was mean.

Right now the way I have it set up is 6x6, which is how it was last year.  The only scoring changes I believe are Hits are now K's for batters, and Quality Starts are now Losses for pitchers.  The Saves category is now Saves + Holds, allowing for many players to fit into the Relief Pitcher slot, and not just closers.  That will help us with the extra teams we have this year.  To those that don't know what a Hold is, it is essentially a save for a middle reliever.  He must pitch in a save situation (winning by no more than 3 runs) and at least record one out.  There are some perennial good Hold guys, but like closers, many change every year as a guy that is excellent at Holds generally becomes a closer if/when that guy starts to suck.

The roster size is for the most part the same, though I have eliminated the Utility player positions.  Last year we were 23 deep per team with 10 teams, 230 players.  This year, if we went with the same size roster with 16 teams that would be 368.  That would be a waiver wire wasteland.  Rosters have to be pared down some. 

That's just cruel, and I thought the autographed picture of HXC was mean.

Right now the way I have it set up is 6x6, which is how it was last year. The only scoring changes I believe are Hits are now K's for batters, and Quality Starts are now Losses for pitchers. The Saves category is now Saves + Holds, allowing for many players to fit into the Relief Pitcher slot, and not just closers. That will help us with the extra teams we have this year. To those that don't know what a Hold is, it is essentially a save for a middle reliever. He must pitch in a save situation (winning by no more than 3 runs) and at least record one out. There are some perennial good Hold guys, but like closers, many change every year as a guy that is excellent at Holds generally becomes a closer if/when that guy starts to suck.

The roster size is for the most part the same, though I have eliminated the Utility player positions. Last year we were 23 deep per team with 10 teams, 230 players. This year, if we went with the same size roster with 16 teams that would be 368. That would be a waiver wire wasteland. Rosters have to be pared down some.

well done. I actually reslly like this and see it as fair. Of anyone sees any glaring issues speak up.

If possible I'd like maybe just 1 utility position. Do away with a bench spot for it.

2 dL spots.

Veegs, ur in.

Everyone will have an invite today to join league that I have an email for. New prize structure will be posted over weekend as well.

Draft day discussion will begin too. A Sunday night. Around 8 pm est.

Probally middle to end of March. Not wrestlemania weekend.

I am in, but only if my team entry doesn't result in an odd number.  I won't have the time to go through the waiver wire like last year so I will delegate that to my resident pro. 

I finally updated my profile picture to reflect... well nothing - the final was a 5-5 tie last year :)

Oh and big welcome back to Veegs, you were the team that I was really worried about playing in the knockout round.

Edited by redghostx

We have 16 teams now. Entry is closed at this point unless we get two more people. I'm counting on everyone joining.

Hopefully I'm not being overly Optimistic.

I agree with everything Huskers. Also what was discussed via pm.

Only thing I'd maybe change and just give me ur thoughts, as other shave mentioned to me they would like to see walks counted.

So instead of k category what about hits plus walks like saves plus holds. Maybe have a vote on this?

Others, feel free to chime in.

QS is better than wins. But then you would have to replace losses. Perhaps with K/9 to give relievers a bit of a boost to undo the damage done by holds.

I don't see the appeal of K's as a stat for hitters. Some hitters are more strikeout prone but just as good and this makes them less valuable.

Invites want out.

Still need a few emails from some of u.

Huskers..... Based on ever and feedback I've gotten. All the changes you are doing are good.

With the exception of strikeouts. Let's make it obp stat. Makes it easy to understand and covers a bit.

Obp to those who don't know is on base percentage. Ur player gets on base via walk hit yay.

He dosnt no point.