Fantasy baseball

hxckid88

Hey man, got your pm. Defiantly want to do again. So ready for baseball. I really want 12 teams and I think with BP growing and us putting word out early we will have no problem doing so.

What type of things would you like to tweak?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

I'm in again...third place felt so...unsatisfying. Then again, the Tigers season was pretty unsatisfying for me, too. I wish I had that R2 now, too :(

Anyway, can't wait.

You want unsatisfying?  Try leading the league from essentially start to finish and then falling on your face in the playoffs. 

Hey man, got your pm. Defiantly want to do again. So ready for baseball. I really want 12 teams and I think with BP growing and us putting word out early we will have no problem doing so.

What type of things would you like to tweak?

This can all be up for vote, but I would get rid of quality starts because it made the pitching way too dependent on starters and closers were essentially disbanded by the 2nd half of the year by many managers.  I would like to make relief pitching more of a priority. 

We definitely need 12 teams at minimum.  If we get a ton of interest this year I suppose we could have a second league or have divisions within our league, but we had a hell of a time getting 10 last year.

Maybe have a negative batting category like strikeouts instead of hits.

Just some things I'm bouncing around in my head right now without even looking at our league from last year.  I would say email/pm all the guys from last year and see who still wants in, and create a waiting list of guys that want in after that. 

I would like to say, though, that we had a couple dead weight teams last year that gave up and that's not cool.  Maybe we need to up the stakes a little bit to keep that from happening.  My other league is $50 and I have no issue with that, though I'm sure there would be reservations with upping the buy-in that much with some. We'll have to come up with a new Lego prize this year or just go cash, makes no difference to me, HXC is the decider of that since it's his league. 

I'm in again...third place felt so...unsatisfying. Then again, the Tigers season was pretty unsatisfying for me, too. I wish I had that R2 now, too :(

Anyway, can't wait.

Thanks for the reminder - I should put the R2 sealed box on a display stand with a hall of fame plaque underneath it!

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• Like 1

Huskers.... I am defiantly down with upping stakes. I think if we start recruiting early Enough we will be fine. Everyone who won last year can vouch for prizes being legit if there are of any concerns from newer users and such.

I have an idea, I can handle the money prize setting up who is in and such. You can pretty much handle all rules and categories since that seems to be your thing/interest. I'll do the leg work of money and prizes and recruiting.

Still have plenty of time so I think in about a month I could have a solid list of teams and payment as well as a prize schedule. That way you can adjust and such with the aloted number of teams.

Huskers.... I am defiantly down with upping stakes. I think if we start recruiting early Enough we will be fine. Everyone who won last year can vouch for prizes being legit if there are of any concerns from newer users and such.

I have an idea, I can handle the money prize setting up who is in and such. You can pretty much handle all rules and categories since that seems to be your thing/interest. I'll do the leg work of money and prizes and recruiting.

Still have plenty of time so I think in about a month I could have a solid list of teams and payment as well as a prize schedule. That way you can adjust and such with the aloted number of teams.

Cool with me.  I'll start doing some investigating and taking feedback from those that played last year on what they would like to change, if anything.  It won't be a monarchy. 

I would love to vouch on prizes, but flaming out early costs you those bragging rights.  Redghost vouching on getting his R2-D2 last year should silence any worriers about that, and that was shipped to Canada. 

Kris Bryant, 3rd round.  thank me later

I'd be surprised if this kid goes that early, but he'll def get drafted.  Not even sure if the guy plays day 1 so that the Cubs can control him longer, though they appear to be trying to win more games this year, so who knows.  

Cool with me.  I'll start doing some investigating and taking feedback from those that played last year on what they would like to change, if anything.  It won't be a monarchy. 

I would love to vouch on prizes, but flaming out early costs you those bragging rights.  Redghost vouching on getting his R2-D2 last year should silence any worriers about that, and that was shipped to Canada. 

I'd be surprised if this kid goes that early, but he'll def get drafted.  Not even sure if the guy plays day 1 so that the Cubs can control him longer, though they appear to be trying to win more games this year, so who knows.  

Kris went to my old high school, My brother was an assistant head coach for Liberty High School and Ive watched him, Bryce Harper, and Joey Gallo since 2009 and his swing is like Bonds but from a right handers perspective.  Very short and powerful.  His approach is fantastic and he never lets a previous at bat get in his head.  He has a great eye and doesnt get fooled by offspeed.  He will probably hit .260 30 bombs and 100 RBI even if starting April 20th/Mayish with good OBP (.350ish and .850 OPS is my estimate) and maybe a few steals sprinkled in.

Joey Gallo may be a bust.  Hes like a left handed Javier Baez.

for the record I'm terrible at fantasy baseball... I've won 2 leagues in 14 attempts so if you want me in I might be a doormat =p  also I never quit no matter how bad I'm doing.  I just hate that when people stop playing fantasy leagues.

p.s. you guys probably know where I live now... haha.

Edited by vexxet
  • Like 1

Our buy-in was what?  $25 last year?  What are folks thoughts on raising it vs. keep the same?  With more teams and higher buy-in we could see some very nice prizes for winners.  It's all up to you guys, though.

I was in last year and would like to join again. Just let me know when we need to sign up and the PayPal account again. Was a lot of fun.

Though this is all up to the commish, I would assume teams in last year that want to play again will have priority, so you should be fine if you want to play again.  You just have to have a worse team this year.  That's the rules, I don't make them up.

ANYONE INTERESTED in this send me a PM. just a hey im interested in bp fb kind of thing. also, give me a rough idea with how much you are comfortable putting up for a buy in.  the prizes will be worthwhile. I gave up a nisb r2d2, a random 50.00 dollar set that I gave second place winner option of choosing between and a money back prize.

im not opposed to giving up good stuff and would prefer to in order to keep this interesting and worth peoples time.

Update : lots of interest. More then last year. I'm sure it will continue as people see this thread and I really hope out to some who may have overlooked this thread.

I'd like 15 teams. 70.00 give or take for buy on which most seem cool with. One fo the prizes would be a nisb death star. Just what I'm working with now going off feedback. Nothing is concrete.

Update : lots of interest. More then last year. I'm sure it will continue as people see this thread and I really hope out to some who may have overlooked this thread.

I'd like 15 teams. 70.00 give or take for buy on which most seem cool with. One fo the prizes would be a nisb death star. Just what I'm working with now going off feedback. Nothing is concrete.

HXC-

Is there a way for me to check different formats on the league without being a commish?  It won't let me view the league since we have nothing to join right now.