Fantasy baseball

hxckid88

Just waiting on 3 of you to join.

After everyone is in I will post how to pay.

Prize update :

1st place : nisb death star

Overall best record of season : nisb Tumbler.

2nd: nisb modular

3rdplace : nisb 9500 sith

All shipping, taxes etc etc are on me. Unless you are outside the US. In which case I need a us address to ship to. This actually happend last year.

Otherwise, we can split it.

So, technically you can win a death star and a tumbler.

I hold best record for entire year in higher regard then second place playoff victory so prize value is reflected as such.

The other three that havnt signed up yet. Please do so soon.

Also, pencil in March 22 at 8 pm est for draft. It's a Sunday night.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

Haha. I don't really care that much just like to know who's who. Makes things easier as in now when I'm awaiting 3 people to join. I think we had one bail. One invite awaits to be accepted. Leaves two spots. I wonder if I'll get yelled at for posting something on a more viewed thread.....

Last year there were quite a few people who hit me up saying they would be all about it but never saw thread.

... I wonder if I'll get yelled at for posting something on a more viewed thread.....

Not a single person was ever at yelled at on this forum. Another thread about this same topic or off-topic one in another thread will just get deleted. No yelling though.

Hint : update your signature if you are looking for people.

Not a single person was ever at yelled at on this forum. Another thread about this same topic or off-topic one in another thread will just get deleted. No yelling though.

Hint : update your signature if you are looking for people.

Yelled, deleted post, verbal warning, all carries the same in what I'm trying to communicate.

All keep me up at night, sometimes crying. ;)

Good tip. I didn't think of that. Seriously. But others may not see as most myself included generally only use bper via phone.

I spent some time today doing some research instead of what I normally do (look at Lego websites and shop for Lego). I feel like I'll be ready by the 22nd. Also, the universe must want to reward me for doing baseball research, because I sold quite a few items this weekend after nothing for like 10 days.

You need another?

Yes, I do. You're in. Pm your email.

I assume the excess dues will go for shipping charges? What if there are still funds left over?

There is enough to cover shipping charges and for me to pocket about 50 bucks. Prizes are more then fair and awsome. I'll probally buy myself some nice wine with left over and cherish in my victory.

i never got a pm!

do I have your email? Send it again. Though I did just check again to make sure it wasn't overlooked and other there.

I spent some time today doing some research instead of what I normally do (look at Lego websites and shop for Lego). I feel like I'll be ready by the 22nd. Also, the universe must want to reward me for doing baseball research, because I sold quite a few items this weekend after nothing for like 10 days.

Same. My eBay account is on fire tonight. Weird. Research? Ha. Look iat this as a 1 in 4 chance raffle ticket to win a prize for better then ur buy in.

hxckid I have completed signup at least I think.  Let me know if I need to do something more.

As a note I am not sure what is up with eBay since we are all sharing my sales have been on fire for about 3 weeks.  It really seems like it has been almost like Christmas sales is nuts which is great but the packing and sales is almost wearing me out.  What is up with the sales trend?  Maybe the economy is improving or we are picking what to sell better or both.

Is there a primer for a baseball noob to prepare for the draft figuring out rankings and stats of players?

hxckid I have completed signup at least I think. Let me know if I need to do something more.

As a note I am not sure what is up with eBay since we are all sharing my sales have been on fire for about 3 weeks. It really seems like it has been almost like Christmas sales is nuts which is great but the packing and sales is almost wearing me out. What is up with the sales trend? Maybe the economy is improving or we are picking what to sell better or both.

Is there a primer for a baseball noob to prepare for the draft figuring out rankings and stats of players?

People getting tax returns probably.

Yupp I see. You are in. Hit the gym. Improve your diet.

Play around on website. Make sure your flash player is up to date for draft. Download Yahoo app.

All u need. I rarely check it via desktop.

Do a mock draft just so you get a feel. Read up a bit. Yahoo has some great videos.

Need one more and we are set.

Are you guys doing yahoo again? I played last year and just didn't update it as much as I should have (all my other leagues are ESPN)

I'll come back if you have a spot, I'll just make my browser homepage my yahoo team roster or something.

I have added one category each to batting and pitching to get to 7x7.  I added OPS to hitting and pitching appearances to pitching.  Essentially the OPS counteracts the K's for batters so there is some give/take with having big bats.  With pitchers, I wanted something that both SP's and RP's could benefit from, and this was about the only one I could be happy with.  Most of the others were either too SP heavy, RP heavy, or just plain dumb. 

Thoughts?

I have added one category each to batting and pitching to get to 7x7. I added OPS to hitting and pitching appearances to pitching. Essentially the OPS counteracts the K's for batters so there is some give/take with having big bats. With pitchers, I wanted something that both SP's and RP's could benefit from, and this was about the only one I could be happy with. Most of the others were either too SP heavy, RP heavy, or just plain dumb.

Thoughts?

My thoughts... Change your icon/avatar. Yuck ;-)

I have added one category each to batting and pitching to get to 7x7. I added OPS to hitting and pitching appearances to pitching. Essentially the OPS counteracts the K's for batters so there is some give/take with having big bats. With pitchers, I wanted something that both SP's and RP's could benefit from, and this was about the only one I could be happy with. Most of the others were either too SP heavy, RP heavy, or just plain dumb.

Thoughts?

Love the ops and neg category of KS

Not understanding the line for pitching.

Love the ops and neg category of KS

Not understanding the line for pitching.

The only other one I really like that pertains to both SP and RP was K/9, but then it may be redundant to have that and K's.   I don't want Wins and Quality Starts because we go right back to where we were last year with nobody fielding any RP's because they were rendered useless.

Update : 6 of you have paid. Like I said I'm not hounding people. But, the draft is March 22nd.

Payment is due by the 15th.

The sooner the better.

Also, there is a tab that says dues up on the right corner. It has every team name and if they paid. I have it set so everyone can see who has paid and who hasn't.

Thanks.

Edited by hxckid88

I messed with the pitching stats once more and think I'm done unless major complaints.  Since we had a saves/holds category anyway and I wasn't completely happy with Appearances, I split out Saves and Holds and got rid of Apps.  Categories as follows for 7x7 league and I think this is very balanced so it doesn't get too heavy one way or the other.  With the amount of teams we have it's going to get hectic on draft day at some of these positions. 

Hitting:

HR

RBI

Runs

K's

SB's

AVG

OPS

Pitching:

W

L

Saves

Holds

Whip

ERA

K's

Minions looks like he needs to accept his invitation if he's going to play.  I'm not sure if the league will let us draft with odd amount of teams, think I saw that somewhere.