Fantasy baseball

hxckid88

I'm gauging intrest for a fantasy baseball league this year. I plan on creating a league on yahoo. I havnt played in a few years but miss it . I've been too busy with work past few years. If there are enough people here thst want in we can maybe do a way where the prizes are lego sets as opposed to cash. I don t '' play for fun'' I have video games for fun. :). Post below if you have ideas or any intrest at all.

Jay??? Haha I'm an orioles fan and a Phillies fan. Yes you can have two teams. Lol. Very legit reason for both. Though I wouldn't be and if jays won it all as technically thst would mean Halladay gets a ring. Weakside - it's a blast. Drafting your team is so much fun. I have no problem answering any questions. If you have played fantasy anything same concept.

I'm heavily involved with NBA fantasy leagues and enjoy it...use to follow MLB and NHL everyday than stupid lockouts/strikes...after that it wasn't the same in each sport for me.  I love looking at box scores for stats so finally trying out a stat heavy fantasy baseball league will be fun...none of my NBA pals are interested in MLB.  

I don't mind the Orioles, except for out-of-no-where-50-home-run-Brady Anderson haha.  Love the look of Camden Yards...very short fence.  I just can't stand BOS and NY (obviously) but respect their talent.    

ok, lets see how many people are interested.  Pitchers and catcher's are reporting soon enough I think...thank goodness, feels like an extra long winter this year.      

Yeah before a league got started I'd want for the last few fa to sign at least the ones that matter. My best friend is real into baseball but has this mindset of never wanting to cheer against his own team so won't play. I can't stand the NBA. Not a fan of the sport but my main issue with it is only 5 teams matter. I mean wasn't it just last month that the entire West conference only had two teams above 500. I can't even get into March madness. I'm an NFL mlb pro wrestling guy only.

Haha you don't need to set a team everyday. You can set your pitchers up in advance. Besides even if you do its takes under 30 seconds. I think k prize wise I could give a choice of a cash amount or a lego set. We can figure thst out down the line. We need ten people. I know 3 defiants from this site so far. I don't think it'll be hard to get 7 more. I'm trying to think of active posters here whoa re I to sports and I think would be a good fit. Dniim comes to mind.

Let me think about it.  I've left the keeper league I was in because I didn't like the format.  I love daily head to head formats.  But this would probably be a rotisserie league I would assume.  The leagues I have been in used ESPN, so I'm not familiar with Yahoo format for leagues. 

HXC, keep me posted or pm me if you are really needing somebody, and I might join up. 

Update... I have 6 people confirmed all from here. I have no problem shipping sets if it makes someone happy. I was pondering the idea of cash or a set you have the choice. The format I've always used (I'm going to spell it out for those unfamiliar) is you have a team. You go against another team for a week. You have categories that you compete in, usually around 12 categories. Example. One category would be home runs. You recieved a point for every home run your team hits for the weak as does the other team. Whoever has the most gets the nod. They win that category. So if the number of categories is 12 a final score may be 8-4.thats how you win that week. Thsn you play another team. It's very simple. I'm not the best at explaining.

ok peoples, I have created a league. on yahoo. head to head style. easiest to manage. League name is Brickpicker Ballers & Friends.  Get the joke. good.

Prizes are as follows and we need 10 people. I believe from reading this forum and talking to others we have 8 confirmed.

25.00 to play.

1st place will be an r2d2 nisb or $170.00. Your choice.

2nd place gets 9525 nisb or $55.00

3rd place gets their money back...25.00

The draft will be March 1st at 8:30 pm. I can change this too for accommodation. Just seems like a day and time that is good. It's a Saturday. I hope this works out as I see it being a good time. For those that are unfamiliar, its easy to pick up and luck does play a part. You don't need to be a baseball expert by any means. Also, you can preset your picks to be drafted for you if you cannot make it.

Roll call. who's in? I think the low buy in and prizes are good.