Fantasy baseball

hxckid88

I have 6 on the DL (finally down to 5) and manage just fine, it's all about picking your spots to squeeze out late wins.

With 60% making the playoffs, a lot of luck will be involved in determining the winner.

I greatly appreciate Tulo not being injured --yet-- and Eovaldi and Chavez "hulk smashing" other hitters so far.

Yeah with 6 making playoffs that's why I made it that the third Pl winner will be the person with ebay record pre postseason. I'm just hoping if one of u Canada people Win out u want cash and not r2d2. Haha. My disgruntled attitude while. Filling out ur customs form will leanger.

I belive 6.

Then you have some catching up to do, better start hulk smashing soon.  Season's long, though, you have time.

The league would be so much better with twelve teams. Next year with more time we can make it happen.

I agree, the other league I play in has 14 teams, there is really no such thing as a waiver wire there unless a guy gets called up, and even those elite prospects are usually sitting on someone's bench waiting for the call up. 

Also, is the owner of "Austin's Team" here?  I proposed a trade to him, but it doesn't even seem like he's paying attention, as he has DL guys in his lineup and healthy guys on his DL. 

Willing to trade players on my team for lego sets. My season is over. Ughh

I feel your pain, my team in my other league is 11 out of 14.  It really is luck of the draw for the most part.  Maybe the Hulk will smash next year. 

How many games out of the playoffs are you?  With the scoring system we have, you really can gain a lot of games quickly if you have a few good weeks, and we haven't even run through the first round robin.  Injury bug finally got me with some players that count.

O for sure I can catch up but I've had ten yes ten players on dl this year. Unreal.

Well, it happens.  Pretty sure I had 2 pitchers go down with Tommy John before the season started as well.  I didn't lose Jose Fernandez or anything, but it still makes you change your approach.  If this becomes more of a trend with pitchers, I'll invest in them even less than I do now because we've seen so many go down and there's no real way to predict who's going to tear the UCL next.  My other team has 5 guys currently on the DL, I'm about to hit don't care mode on that one as well.

I don't think there is any issue with categories. When you start going into more you water it down and it becomes more ebucks instead of skill. Like cg Stat or triples just too much. I do believe 12 teams would help so much as opposed to 10. Way more valance less streaming of pitchers.

I would like to see 2b or 3b categories or cg/so for pitching so that if you go cg 4er you get something out of it.

Also negative categories like bb allowed. Discourages people from taking all starters

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Brickpicker mobile app

Well, with the 2b and 3b's, this is where OPS comes in because it awards your players for walks and extra base hits.  Simply having categories for doubles and triples would mean having a ton of categories which would be overwhelming.  Complete games?  I don't know.  There are so few of them I think this would be a 0-0 score about every week, and if you get one, you are probably winning the category.  I don't like that one as it would, for the most part, be boring. 

The negative category for walks already exists, it's figured in WHIP.  You want a category to make folks think?  Add holds.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent out some trade ideas to a few of you guys.  I'm looking for nice starting pitching.  Not your 5th starters.  I have bats and RP's to trade as I am plentiful in both.  If anybody is looking for a deal, look me up, I'm always open to dealing especially when I have a specific need, and that's SP's right now. 

Sent out some trade ideas to a few of you guys.  I'm looking for nice starting pitching.  Not your 5th starters.  I have bats and RP's to trade as I am plentiful in both.  If anybody is looking for a deal, look me up, I'm always open to dealing especially when I have a specific need, and that's SP's right now. 

You didn't send ME a trade :P

I am looking for hitting upgrades.  Big risk on Singleton, I don't care for that pickup (that is why I passed on him)

You didn't send ME a trade :P

I am looking for hitting upgrades.  Big risk on Singleton, I don't care for that pickup (that is why I passed on him)

I can work on another one, but you don't like my trades. :laugh:

Singleton isn't much of a risk, he's on my bench right now.  If he mashes, he makes it in, if he doesn't, I drop his ass.  I'm more anticipating Gregory Polanco right now more than anything.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys. Not trying to derail your baseball thread, but last year there was talk of starting a fantasy football league through BP and it never happened. Was curious if any of you would like to try to get it started this year? Was thinking a 12 team head to head league on yahoo. Points for yardage and td's. Nothing too crazy. Draft would obviously be online and at the end of preseason to avoid teams losing players to injury before we even get started. Entry fee wouldn't be real high, but enough to make it interesting. Preferably lego. Not sure how we would handle that. Everyone put up a set worth a certain $$ amount then mail to the winner after the season? I haven't read through your entire thread. What are your prizes and how are they being handled/delivered? Would like the participants to be some of the "regulars" here so we will have some trust amongst everyone going in.

Again, sorry to interrupt your thread. Please feel free to PM me, or if a mod wants to move this to a new thread please feel free. I just thought that if we wanted to do this we should start planning now. Football season will be here before we know it!

Hey man all good. I'm down for football too. I have no problem being the commission as well and setting it up. The baseball league is going well. Despite me sucking haha. I'm totally shipping a R2-D2 to Canada. Once the season gets closer I'll definitely start a thread and get it started.

Hey man all good. I'm down for football too. I have no problem being the commission as well and setting it up. The baseball league is going well. Despite me sucking haha. I'm totally shipping a R2-D2 to Canada. Once the season gets closer I'll definitely start a thread and get it started.

Yes, keep us posted. If you want a break I wouldn't mind running it too. Either way is fine with me. Just let me know. I run a twelve team auction league up here in GB. This year will be our twentieth season, so running a league is nothing new to me. I would prefer this league be a traditional snake draft though. How did you guys end up doing the prizes? I read what they are, and would like something comparable for this, but who is in charge of them? Did everyone mail their entry fee to you, and then you will pay the winner(s), or is everyone settling up after the season?