70810 - MetalBeard's Sea Cow

Brickbuilder.g

Bingo - it ain't over until it's over.

That said, I really hope this is on its last legs.  I think a 1.5-2 year run for this is not enough to create overhoarding.  

I just wonder if this will hang around for a while past the rest of the series like HH and ToO

This is now at sold out status on SAH. 

I am not really sure about this set. At retail price (gift cards etc) I will probably grab a couple 2-3. If they get hit with a 10-20% discount i'll probably dive a bit deeper and snag 5-10.

I was looking at customer images of this ship displayed and in most cases it looks extremely out of place and awkward to display. Only in a few scenario's did it seem to fit. (Generally alone on a rustic dresser). Because its not memorable and has a unique style, I don't think this will hold very many peoples interest. I love ships and wanted to love this but i'm finding a hard time doing so.

• Like 1

I was looking at customer images of this ship displayed and in most cases it looks extremely out of place and awkward to display. Only in a few scenario's did it seem to fit. (Generally alone on a rustic dresser). Because its not memorable and has a unique style, I don't think this will hold very many peoples interest. I love ships and wanted to love this but i'm finding a hard time doing so.

I have a couple pirate ships on display and love them, but this one just doesn't seem to fit well with them imo (along with the LOTR pirate ship). I have 0 for investment currently, and am torn if i should get some.

However my opinion isn't a reflection on how this set will do. Pretty sure many people were down on the Black Pearl and QAR pre-EOL "discounted everywhere, line is selling terribly" etc, and look at them now. I do feel $300+ CAD would be better spent going towards BP/QAR/Imperial Flagship for pirate ship lovers.

This is now at sold out status on SAH. 

I am not really sure about this set. At retail price (gift cards etc) I will probably grab a couple 2-3. If they get hit with a 10-20% discount i'll probably dive a bit deeper and snag 5-10.

Are you talking discounts in the US as I didn't think exclusives were often discounted?  

Personally I really like this ship but I guess I am in a minority, love its clutter :)  

I love this set & think it looks great next to the PotC sets. It's the pride of my fridgetop fleet...

Thanks for sharing! I have been googling and it's so hard to find the comparison of Sea Cow with other traditional ships!

So wow, it looks like Sea Cow is a lot bigger!

• Like 2

If you buy this one you might want to pick up a few Metal Beards Dual as well to bundle with it, the MB that comes with it isn't near as good as the dual.   Just food for thought!

MB that comes with SC is to scale. You buy the other one it will be too big.