70810 - MetalBeard's Sea Cow

Brickbuilder.g

5 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

To buy at 20% off or not to buy? My head says no and my heart also.

20% off is not bad at all. 

I just could not get myself buying this one. Even if possibly it will do well. 

I simply do not like these fantasy builds. And when you look at the entire movie line they have been investment failures till now.

Just my 0.02

I can't buy every large set. Gotta say no to some here and there. This is a no. It will probably do ok considering it is not that hoarded, of course the horde seems to have it in their sights right now so that could change in a week.

My second Sea Cow came today and I must say, if I had never been in love before, that's how I would describe the feeling. I had to order twice to get a better price, and was planning to return with the $250 receipt, but I am hesitant. I only needed one for personal collection, but I think this might have decent value in 2 years time. Especially if the new movie is good. What do I do?

29 minutes ago, ebelle122 said:

My second Sea Cow came today and I must say, if I had never been in love before, that's how I would describe the feeling. I had to order twice to get a better price, and was planning to return with the $250 receipt, but I am hesitant. I only needed one for personal collection, but I think this might have decent value in 2 years time. Especially if the new movie is good. What do I do?

I'm still trying to wrap my head around you not being to splurge on an unexpected $3.50 for a polybag two weeks ago, but since then you've exceeded the Christmas budget by $200 and also picked up a couple Sea Cows. <shrug>

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Mos_Eisley said:

I'm still trying to wrap my head around you not being to splurge on an unexpected $3.50 for a polybag two weeks ago, but since then you've exveeded the Christmas budget by $200 and also picked up a couple Sea Cows. <shrug>

I can rationalize anything if I want it badly enough. Christmas tree was not a "need" until it was. I know I make no sense. My husband is a saint for putting up with my nonsense for 10 years and counting. Don't try and make sense of it. You'll hurt yourself.

Edited by ebelle122