70810 - MetalBeard's Sea Cow

Brickbuilder.g

I would be leery of this listing. Dropships straight from Lego? I suppose that is possible, but seems iffy. The guy says right in the listing that they are available to VIP's on the 17th, why wouldn't people just order their own?

Drop shipping has been discussed before...it doesn't bother me in general however I would not mess with it...especially for such a slim margin. And if I did, I certainly would not say when and how I'm getting it! Lol. Either way I'm in for a couple of these ships on 2/17 if I can get them..it looks awesome!

Interesting listing. Doesn`t seem worth it at that price though. I`d say it`s unlikely to be any less than $250 US, but of course we don`t know for sure. Why bother to make only a few bucks, even taking into consideration that non VIPs will be interested. 

As a side note, anyone on here who wants to buy for themselves, I`d suggest holding out until at least March/April. x2 VIP points are rumoured, and 10% is always nice. Unless you`re in a hurry of course, this set looks awesome!

• Like 1

I'm trying to figure out what the deal is here. Who the heck knows but it makes me think surely he knows the MSRP. Maybe it a a 150-200 dollar set which would make it a more realistic ROI for this guy. On the other hand I think it would be absolutely hysterical if the MSRP was over 300. I would stay away from this auction but that probably goes without saying since most members here are pretty smart.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like this set is coming out Monday the 17th for $250. What's everyone think of the potential? Also it will be VIP only for 2 weeks (like the Simpson house) anyone going to try and flip some right away?

I have not decided yet. I would have to bring $340 for it to make sense to go for it in my mind. They way lego has been running out of these types of sets lately does make me want to take a shot.

I know everyone is drooling over it but I feel that it might be overpriced and it's hard for me to get excited about a set that had 30 seconds of screen time. Ok it might have had more than 30 seconds but not much more.

I have not watched the movie yet but damn... this beast comes out for 30s only??!!!? What a shame, I was expecting more scenes from this ship  :hmm:

Designer video here btw

• Like 1