70810 - MetalBeard's Sea Cow

Brickbuilder.g

22 hours ago, legopocalypse said:

well amazon (not surprisingly) still doesn't know how to ship a sea cow.

back it goes. (i know it could retrire any day now blah blah blah and box condition supposedly doesn't matter. My customers do care about box condition, and this one is far from acceptable.)

Good for you for sending that crap back! 250 is alot of coin to be getting a box that looks like that.

• Like 1

Mine were sent with damage.  I can tell because there isn't any damage to the outside box but yet the items are thrashed.  If i knew I could get a replacement I would send back but since I was on the cusp I'll keep them.  I can build the one and other wasn't quite as bad.  I usually send back but recently I've sent so much back it's getting a bit maddening!

Edited by conceptmachine

5 minutes ago, waddamon said:

Am I seeing the prices correctly on UK Amazon for this set now that it is retired?  If so then that is an easy double right out of the gate.  Anyone care to proffer an opinion?

The real question is, however, not how for much it is listed but for how much it actually sells...

• Like 1

I bought a handful of these but i'm not optimistic. I can't think of the type of people what would pay top dollar for this. I also don't think there is a broad enough audience to quickly scoop up the low hanging fruit.

I think its an intriguing set but intriguing isn't enough for most people to throw $500 at it... Time will tell.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lookapriest said:

Unhoarded is the best thing about the set.

While everyone sinks their money in red 5 and death stars more and more Sea Cows are getting played with and getting sucked up into roombas. 

Tragically, 10240 is selling for 10% above RRP and hasn´t yet retired in Europe and DS has only been gone a week and is 20% up. Seacow has absolutely no chance of the returns of those two sets as the buying public just isn´t wide enough - low suppy, low demand. Get one well reduced and you are in a good position, though.