What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...

Sold x2 Minecraft 21133 The Witch Hut for $94 each.

I have no idea why people buy Minecraft, or why we really don't talk about it, but in terms of buy in to selling price point, I'm hard pressed to find a better preforming theme for me. There are duds within the theme for sure, but my buy in for each set was $13. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

I have no idea why people buy Minecraft, or why we really don't talk about it, but in terms of buy in to selling price point, I'm hard pressed to find a better preforming theme for me. There are duds within the theme for sure, but my buy in for each set was $13. 

so you want everyone to buy them ? grasshoppa , do a lot of learning you must 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mark Twain said:

Because feast or famine clearance hunting can limit how well that scales. Especially with differences in regional markets.

13 minutes ago, mizeur said:

Because feast or famine clearance hunting can limit how well that scales. Especially with differences in regional markets.

To a degree, sure. But that's with everything in the RA realm. I'm gated, and there's no area CL or FB marketplace, so nearly all my sales are on BL or eBay. For me, that means my buy in has to be 75% or greater for most sets. But for those of you who have access to FBA, even if your buy in was at RRP for recent retired sets, like 21133,  21132, 21126, 21125 the current price is double or nearly 3x for those sets, nationally. 

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

so you want everyone to buy them ? grasshoppa , do a lot of learning you must 

I don't buy that Minecraft is a secret, certainly not on this site, LOL. We talk broadly about odd sale trends with so many minor themes, from Juniors, Elves, DC Girls Super Heroes, etc. I'm guessing the niche market for this theme of 7-15 boys and that keeps it from gaining much attention outside of that audience. I seriously don't get what makes it cool or hot and I make a genuine attempt to try to have at least some idea of why a product I'm selling is that way. 

• Like 1

I don't buy that Minecraft is a secret, certainly not on this site, LOL. We talk broadly about odd sale trends with so many minor themes, from Juniors, Elves, DC Girls Super Heroes, etc. I'm guessing the niche market for this theme of 7-15 boys and that keeps it from gaining much attention outside of that audience. I seriously don't get what makes it cool or hot and I make a genuine attempt to try to have at least some idea of why a product I'm selling is that way. 

You forget about fees. Plus you have a disdain for LEGO FBA sellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You forget about fees. Plus you have a disdain for LEGO FBA sellers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have zero disdain for anyone on this site because of what platforms they sell on. I have issue with how Amazon treats and limits it’s 3p sellers. If you’re going to troll do it elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

19 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

I seriously don't get what makes it cool or hot and I make a genuine attempt to try to have at least some idea of why a product I'm selling is that way. 

I think it partly has to do with parents/grandparents knowing that kids are into Minecraft, so when it comes time to get a gift, they can't buy them another Minecraft game online, so they get something within that theme. I see it also as a way to get kids exploring their creativity away from electronics using something that they already care about. 

Today I tried something different and set up a Lego booth at a local indoor flea market that is held three times per year. I advertised on local Facebook buy/sell groups for about a month leading up to the sale. It seemed to drum up a lot of interest since many people told me that my booth was the only reason they came to the sale. I choose this particular date since it’s right before the holiday shopping season and advertised it as such.

Pros...the sale was located less than a mile from my home, so very minimal transportation issues. Lots of traffic and networking opportunities. I had some business cards printed up and handed them out.

Cons...lots of prep, from pricing research to literally pricing everything, boxing everything up for transport, set up, and take down. Also, the sale only ran for six hours, from 8am-2pm. Would have been nice to go to at least 4pm.

My goal was to focus on small stocking stuffers to medium sets that are priced well for gifting, and it seemed to work. I brought a few large exclusives, but mainly just to draw attention to the booth.

I priced my retired sets about 20-35% below eBay sold prices, and my non retired sets below regular retail, while still maintaining an acceptable margin. Surprisingly, I didn’t have many people trying to negotiate, as many realized my pricing was more than fair. I was a little worried about that since it was a flea market / garage sale type environment.

In six hours I did just over $900 in sales, mostly the small to medium sized sets I was hoping to move.

All in all it was a pretty decent experience, which I will most likely try again in the future. The next sale is in January, which I’ll skip. The following sale after that is in March, which should be a decent opportunity since people will be getting their tax returns and will have some extra cash to spend.

Nice job Terry, most impressive.
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Today I tried something different and set up a Lego booth at a local indoor flea market that is held three times per year. I advertised on local Facebook buy/sell groups for about a month leading up to the sale. It seemed to drum up a lot of interest since many people told me that my booth was the only reason they came to the sale. I choose this particular date since it’s right before the holiday shopping season and advertised it as such.

Pros...the sale was located less than a mile from my home, so very minimal transportation issues. Lots of traffic and networking opportunities. I had some business cards printed up and handed them out.

Cons...lots of prep, from pricing research to literally pricing everything, boxing everything up for transport, set up, and take down. Also, the sale only ran for six hours, from 8am-2pm. Would have been nice to go to at least 4pm.

My goal was to focus on small stocking stuffers to medium sets that are priced well for gifting, and it seemed to work. I brought a few large exclusives, but mainly just to draw attention to the booth.

I priced my retired sets about 20-35% below eBay sold prices, and my non retired sets below regular retail, while still maintaining an acceptable margin. Surprisingly, I didn’t have many people trying to negotiate, as many realized my pricing was more than fair. I was a little worried about that since it was a flea market / garage sale type environment.

In six hours I did just over $900 in sales, mostly the small to medium sized sets I was hoping to move.

All in all it was a pretty decent experience, which I will most likely try again in the future. The next sale is in January, which I’ll skip. The following sale after that is in March, which should be a decent opportunity since people will be getting their tax returns and will have some extra cash to spend.943eb3c81758c9ee0fb0b6e7845cf4b9.jpga51e9791d9bf2cc8b73fca6e48bce842.jpg323c465add357426556c3dc6943ae934.jpg0243bd698b4a181aaf75be9c0f0a8204.jpgc221ea97b5b2d3f4512b4f61f707f792.jpg

You have a bunch of sets I want for personal build. Where do you sell online?

9 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

You have a bunch of sets I want for personal build. Where do you sell online?

I sell on eBay, Bricklink, my local Facebook buy/sell groups, and Craigslist. I waited too long to start selling on Amazon and was gated out. Send me a PM with what you are interested in. We can work something out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I sell on eBay, Bricklink, my local Facebook buy/sell groups, and Craigslist. I waited too long to start selling on Amazon and was gated out. Send me a PM with what you are interested in. We can work something out.

I think you can also do the whole personal link thing from ebay to avoid certain fees. I am envious of your hustle and dedication. If you continue to do it I'm sure you'll build a loyal base of repeat customers. You've got an excellent variety of rare HTF sets. 

• Like 1

I think you can also do the whole personal link thing from ebay to avoid certain fees. I am envious of your hustle and dedication. If you continue to do it I'm sure you'll build a loyal base of repeat customers. You've got an excellent variety of rare HTF sets. 

Agree. I’m sure there will be people that show up in January because they didn’t buy from you, or because they bought from you today. I bet you’ll start drumming up a lot of business.
  • Like 2

Can you still hook us up with steamrollers or do you at least know a guy?
  • Like 5
  • Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...

Some recent sales....

2 x 42070 Buy in was £75 each, sold for £150 cash each on Facebook Market place.
1 x 41626 Rocket and Groot buy in £14.99, sold for £39.95 ebay
1x 41630 Nightmare before Christmas, buy in £10, sold for £34.95 ebay
3 x 75175 A-Wing, buy in £27.50, sold for £44.95 ebay, bit rubbish but still profit
1 x 71016 Kwik E-Mart, buy in £150, sold for £230 ebay GSP. Not the greatest but still profit.
2 x 75878 Speed Champions Bugatti, buy in £10 each sold for £29.95.

• Like 2