What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...

^^^^ wrong thread - this is the what did i sell thread.

as in i sold some more $2.50 Jack Sparrow's and $2.50 Beast brickheadz early 2018 clearance fodder  for $15.99 and $16.99 FBA.  

glad i pinched my nose and armswept despite my personal contempt.  :money:

IMG_0607.JPG

Edited by cladner
  • Like 6

19 minutes ago, cladner said:

as in i sold some more $2.50 Jack Sparrow's and $2.50 Beast brickheadz early 2018 clearance fodder  for $15.99 and $16.99 FBA.  

IMG_0607.JPG

Hopefully you grabbed all the Batmen too.

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

5x 10214 (2013 box)Tower Bridge for £140 cash each (£70 loss each). I'm slowly offloading the turkeys as they'll only drop further in value.

£50 VW Campers next? I'm getting that fed up of seeing them!

Edited by TabbyBoy

4 hours ago, Migration said:

Hopefully you grabbed all the Batmen too.

yep and captain america photobombing behind batgirl to the far right.  next to this load, there was another less impressive shelf of hulks, captain america, iron man.  there was actually another shelf full of belles, beasts, salazar and capn sparrows in another aisle.  crazy too because this store is in the middle of nowhere Rindge NH population 5,901 - yet they were stuffed to the gills with brickheadz.  go figure.

almost out of Duplo Spiderman webbike workshop 10607 - selling for $43-44 very quickly.  buyin $11 relatively weak clearance price from target and walmart. 

Edited by cladner

IMG_0607.JPG.d3bc22794608773b8397ce365016e507.JPG

I’d be suspicious if I ever saw a Walmart shelf so neatly packed. Afraid I was on episode of Punked, or Candid Camera for you old timers.
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

Last of 13x 44029 Queen Beast vs. Furno, Evo & Stormer that I found at a couple of LEGO-selling Hallmark stores in January. Their LEGO has been on sale for 25% off all year.  They clearly seem to want to divest of their LEGO inventory, but they're stuck with Constraction, Nexo Knights, Chima, TMNT, and Joker Steamrollers. Buy-in $27.81 and I sold them for $70-$90 each.

• Like 4

I sold a Lego 75932 Jurassic World Velociraptor chase and made a whopping $0.17! Also are ebay selling fees 10% or 6.15%? I have read so many conflicting articles and am having a hard time viewing my past sold items and their fees. In my spreadsheet I use, I chart everything at a 10% fee and a 2.9% paypal fee and a $.30 paypal fee.

Guest TabbyBoy
9 hours ago, Saruman said:

I sold a Lego 75932 Jurassic World Velociraptor chase and made a whopping $0.17! Also are ebay selling fees 10% or 6.15%? I have read so many conflicting articles and am having a hard time viewing my past sold items and their fees. In my spreadsheet I use, I chart everything at a 10% fee and a 2.9% paypal fee and a $.30 paypal fee.

In the UK, business seller (HMRC are targeting private) eBay fees are:

FVF 10.8% (9% +VAT) and VAT is only reclaimable if registered. On postage too which is the ultimate piss-take IMHO.

PayPal 3.4% plus £0.30 per transaction.

When I do my calculations, I take 15% off the final selling price which is a HUGE hit when margins are low due to the current wave of poor sets, QFLLs and lower demand. I try to offset some of this by charging 25% above actual for P&P. It's got so bad that eBay/PayPal are often earning more than me who does ALL the work.

I remember the "good ole days" when eBay charged FVF 5.25% and NOT on postage!

In summary, you have to sell for 3x to make 2x after fees and tax - not good!

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

In the UK, business seller (HMRC are targeting private) eBay fees are:

FVF 10.8% (9% +VAT) and VAT is only reclaimable if registered. On postage too which is the ultimate piss-take IMHO.

PayPal 3.4% plus £0.30 per transaction.

When I do my calculations, I take 15% off the final selling price which is a HUGE hit when margins are low due to the current wave of poor sets, QFLLs and lower demand. I try to offset some of this by charging 25% above actual for P&P. It's got so bad that eBay/PayPal are often earning more than me who does ALL the work.

I remember the "good ole days" when eBay charged FVF 5.25% and NOT on postage!

In summary, you have to sell for 3x to make 2x after fees and tax - not good!

Ok Thanks!

On 7/15/2018 at 9:27 PM, Saruman said:

You should be able to see the exact fee for each order under the Fees tab in Account Activity.

1 hour ago, Jackson said:

You should be able to see the exact fee for each order under the Fees tab in Account Activity.

Is that the button right under the Shortcuts section? I am looking at the activity and don't see one!Screenshot 2018-07-18 19.43.00.png

Could I find the button on this page? I spent like 15 minutes clicking different buttons trying to find the one I wanted, but to no avail. Oh woe, mine eyes are deceiving me to not seeing it. Oh but a day.............Never mind, that's what I was thinking and I accidentally started typing it. Oh well. :) 

Sold one of the very first sets I bought in this Lego investing hobby.

Bought a full price, no freebies Tower of Orthanc at full price at the Lego store. 

Sold it today via Bricklink for $229.00.  Netted a cool 3.30% profit after fees.  Could've been worse.

Only one more full price ToO to sell. 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy
10 hours ago, rpaulson7 said:

Bought a full price, no freebies Tower of Orthanc at full price at the Lego store. 

Sold it today via Bricklink for $229.00.  Netted a cool 3.30% profit after fees.  Could've been worse.

That's why a lot of us think it's game over. The Tower of Orthanc is a stunning set based on a classic story, yet it's failed to deliver in the afterlife. I only broke even on mine too.

On 7/18/2018 at 6:42 PM, Shewie said:

I see the reason.

fACud4a.jpg

Yeah, it was a bit like that before I had access to a warehouse. I forgot the mention that all the seals popped on those sets due to 5 years of up/down temperatures in the attic.

recent fba:

burning through my stash of  Palace Pets Royal Castle's 41142 for $49.  sold 8x at that price in the last week.  my average buyin was $12  which included some $9 clearance walmart stock and $14.99 permasale from target.  

12x Juniors Ariel Dolphin carriages for $38 each, buyin $11 target permasale. almost out.

5x minecraft end portals for $95 each, bought in abundance for $30 last year walmart clearance.

juniors superman-batman 10724 - 6x for $48 each - bought for $15.99 permasale at target last year.

non-lego sale single hot wheels car - Hot Wheels Lamborghini Black Aventador from last years walmart lambo set  - sold 4x for $18.75 each earlier this month.  buyin:  94 cents. 

listing was flooded and now "down"  to $17.75.  this wasn't even the rare car in the case  - it was one of the most common.  i have dozens of these left.  ?

Edited by cladner
  • Like 8

15 hours ago, rpaulson7 said:

I'm still holding out for about $320 on Orthanc. I'm stubborn. I have 4 or 5. The counterfeiters have really hurt the price appreciation of this set, I think.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Jackson said:

I'm still holding out for about $320 on Orthanc. I'm stubborn. I have 4 or 5. The counterfeiters have really hurt the price appreciation of this set, I think.

image.png.722df204346f79467636605573664bdb.png

11 hours ago, Quacs said:

Knight Bus - $160 on eBay 

Best thing that ever happened to non-remade Harry Potter sets is the new releases.  It has spurred some serious interest in the old stuff...

Whether they be non-remade or re-made sets - with HP, the new releases will (generally) benefit all.

Guest TabbyBoy

Another big pallet bites the dust...

20x 10221 VW Camper at £50 each (£150 total loss) - I have only 23 left which may be offered even cheaper next year!

10x 10214 Tower Bridge at £140 each (£700 total loss) - I have only 12 left which may be offered even cheaper next year!

10x 10228 Haunted House at £200 each (£650 profit)

10x 10197 Fire Brigade at £200 each (£1100 profit)

10x 10218 Pet Shop at £120 each (£300 profit)

50x 10804 Duplo Jungle at £27 each (£450 profit)

I also threw in a large box containing London Bus, Nutcracker, 24-in-1, T1 polybag & Mini polybag promos.

All to the same guy for cash. Even though I got rid of 2 duds (VW & TB), I've still made a profit.

No PM's please as I only deal face-to-face for cash ?

10 hours ago, boliramirez said:

Well, after all it seems that the Red Darth Vader Prototypes had value !!  I sold one on auction and one on second chance offer (Ebay) the first one sold for $510 USD and the second one for $500, both plus shipping.... also I sold a Black Pearl for $600 USD plus shipping to a person in HK.

It was a good weekend......

what was your eventual buy in if you dont mind asking? 

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Another big pallet bites the dust...

20x 10221 VW Camper at £50 each (£150 total loss) - I have only 23 left which may be offered even cheaper next year!

10x 10214 Tower Bridge at £140 each (£700 total loss) - I have only 12 left which may be offered even cheaper next year!

10x 10228 Haunted House at £200 each (£650 profit)

10x 10197 Fire Brigade at £200 each (£1100 profit)

10x 10218 Pet Shop at £120 each (£300 profit)

50x 10804 Duplo Jungle at £27 each (£450 profit)

I also threw in a large box containing London Bus, Nutcracker, 24-in-1, T1 polybag & Mini polybag promos.

All to the same guy for cash. Even though I got rid of 2 duds (VW & TB), I've still made a profit.

No PM's please as I only deal face-to-face for cash ?

Profit? Yes.  But you had to bundle a number of bad decisions in order to complete the sale.  Now you just stored two lucrative sets (HH & FB) for 5+ years for a final compounded annual growth rate of 4.12% - and that assumes you bought those towards the end of their life and you paid zero to store.

Meanwhile, @cladner is printing money selling 70 piece mermaid sets that retired 6 months ago.  

Yet, you still continue to warn us every 14 minutes how the sky is falling.

• Like 6