What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...
19 hours ago, LegoWalker4 said:

LOL!  I always make sure each used set I sell is 100% complete and order the necessary parts when they are not.  What do you do?

I think I read that wrong too, like the turnaround was so quick, you could slap a new label on what you just received. So, the actual best part is that you skipped work and never left the house for anything else. :D

• Thanks 1

Guest TabbyBoy
15 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

Sold an ExoSuit on BL at a small loss but I just don't even care at this point.

I made a penny on each of mine. Sod's Law says that these will be £100+ in 5yrs from now.

On 3/30/2018 at 12:12 PM, terrymc4677 said:

March 30, 2018. This is a date that will forever be remembered. I can get a little emotional at times. As an adult, there are a few instances when I've shed a tear. I cried when my son was born. I cried again a year later when my daughter was born. I cried tears of joy when my beloved Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl 31 after three decades of mediocrity, and again when they won Super Bowl 45. The last time I cried was two years ago this April when my Mom passed away. 

March 30, 2018. Today is another day that I've sobbed like a baby. Upon waking up for work, I checked my phone like I always do. Waiting for me was a PayPal notification. A large one. I checked my Bricklink account, and it appears that some blessed soul has decided that they needed some Steam Rollers in their life. 

Yes, some Steam Rollers. All of them. 27 to be exact. Gone. Purchased by an unknown person. A risk taker. A gambler. A guardian angel, perhaps? I began this saga with over 50 of those Steam Rollers. I'd sell one here, one there through multiple platforms, slowly chipping away at that number. I whittled it down to 27. Now I have 0. They are gone. The purchase price was just a shade over $1k. I'll make a few bucks on each one after the usual fees and shipping, but that's not the point in this circumstance. The nightmare is finally over. 

March 30, 2018 is my Independance Day.

Ranging your tearful LEGO sale event on the same level as the family-related events mentioned at the beginning, seems a bit odd, especially making a comparison with the one that made you cry the last time two years ago...

8 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Ranging your tearful LEGO sale event on the same level as the family-related events mentioned at the beginning, seems a bit odd, especially making a comparison with the one that made you cry the last time two years ago...

Do you know what is actually odd, someone who constantly tries to push Duplo Ideas sets. 

• Haha 3

I bought a silent mary! Also does anyone happen to want the Lego classic 60th Anniversary lot of 10401, 10402, 10403, 10404, AND 10405? Added up they retail for 124.95. They are gently used and I could ship them without the boxes but WITH the instruction manuals. I got them all free and want to get a little something for them!

lol... 

this is the what did you SELL thread  :) 

giphy.gif

i sold a couple of juniors emma ice cream trucks for $52 each fba - buyin:  $16.99 target, amazon walmart everyday permasale.  sometimes its just that easy.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, Saruman said:

I bought a silent mary! Also does anyone happen to want the Lego classic 60th Anniversary lot of 10401, 10402, 10403, 10404, AND 10405? Added up they retail for 124.95. They are gently used and I could ship them without the boxes but WITH the instruction manuals. I got them all free and want to get a little something for them!

$25?

Unloaded 50 x 75119 Jyn Erso for $500 cash local. Got them at $1 each from Wal-Mart clearance. Had a post up on Craigslist for months and someone bit. I assume he's forwarding it somewhere....but once my cash marker verified the bills were real, it didn't matter if he's reselling it or grinding them up to snort. Down to just one.

I've donated more of these than I'd like to admit. Had a Salvation Army Santa tell me once "that is a cruel gift to give to children... go see if Krampus has a donation bin"

Sc332-0150.jpg

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, cladner said:

lol... 

this is the what did you SELL thread  :) 

giphy.gif

i sold a couple of juniors emma ice cream trucks for $52 each fba - buyin:  $16.99 target, amazon walmart everyday permasale.  sometimes its just that easy.

Oops!

5 minutes ago, calmdahn said:

$25?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

Unloaded 50 x 75119 Jyn Erso for $500 cash local. Got them at $1 each from Wal-Mart clearance. Had a post up on Craigslist for months and someone bit. I assume he's forwarding it somewhere....but once my cash marker verified the bills were real, it didn't matter if he's reselling it or grinding them up to snort. Down to just one.

I've donated more of these than I'd like to admit. Had a Salvation Army Santa tell me once "that is a cruel gift to give to children... go see if Krampus has a donation bin"

latest?cb=20121119234401

Does he need 30 more? I've got some waiting for a miracle ....

Recent BrickLink sales:

Used 7623 Temple Escape with instructions – sold for $122, bought for $57.

Used 75919 Indominus rex Breakout with instructions –sold for $162.50, bought for $75.  

I separated this one into bags according to the instructions.  It was easier than I thought and it was not the pain in the butt I anticipated.  As I disassembled the set, I separated it into bags as I went along, numbered the bags and it allowed me to make sure all the pieces were there again.  Buyers appreciate this when I do it from the feedback I get.  I had already inventoried the pieces before I built the set.  

It was kind of like reverse engineering.

The buyer did not want the box for this last one.  If anybody needs a box for this set (has some wear), please let me know.  If you live in the Baltimore/Washington area, we can arrange to meet.