What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...
9 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

I still have over 50 of those, but I haven't tried to sell any yet. I'm waiting for it to completely disappear from retail. I haven't even really been looking to see how it's doing yet. I have faith in Rey. She won't let me down, and at a $10 buy in my concern isn't at Steam Roller level...yet.

You should really put your faith to the test by getting some Rey buildables.

• Like 3

On 4/7/2018 at 9:03 AM, terrymc4677 said:

Ha! That is one set that luckily I never bought into the hype on. I only bought two of those. I gave one to my son and I sold the other one for cost on craigslist. Dodged a bullet there.

I've tried to sell exo-suits a couple times here locally on CL and they won't even move at $25.  Luckily only have 4 but a complete POS.  Only mech I have ever bought and will be the only one.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

After a quiet period two whole sales on the same day.

Imperial Shuttle Tyderium  €115 shipped, free ebay fees

Wall-E €89 shipped locally, no fees

Nice. Wall-E is selling consistently for around €90 cash now on Marktplaats in The Netherlands. IST is still struggling to sell above €90 cash though.

Just sold the last of my Megabloks COD tanks I picked up a couple of years ago at £15 each, bundled with a couple of figs sold at £50.  

Also finished selling off my DC girls, buy in for most was at 50% and I’ve been doing bundles at around retail.  Last bundle of 41234, 41235, 41231, 41233 sold at £60 buy in £32.  Wish I bought more.  All gone in 9 months at prices roughly double my buy in, with negligible fees.   

Continuing to kick out my £20 75902: The Mystery Machine with 2 series 14 figs for £55.  Slower mover with the figs than without, but it’s a better margin and I’m almost out of MM’s (8 or 9 left) 

Same for 75052: Mos Eisley Cantina + Droid combos at between £100 - £110, buy in £50.  Almost out of these too.  
75112-1: General Grievous + 75111-1: Darth Vader combos at retail (£50) buy in £25.  I think these will go higher, but I have so many I need to re-balance 

Couple of 41179-1: Queen Dragon's Rescue at £90, buy in £36 
and a couple of 70593: The Green NRG Dragon £50 – buyin £20

And I finished moving my £70 75105-1: Millennium Falcon – for between £125-£130.  

All ebay, inclusive of shipping.  
Pricing is probably a little lower than expected but ebay fees have been pretty much none existent recently. 
I paid £38 fees for £3,700 sales in March, so I’m just moving the stock.  

• Like 4

On 4/19/2018 at 3:06 AM, feed said:

Just sold the last of my Megabloks COD tanks I picked up a couple of years ago at £15 each, bundled with a couple of figs sold at £50.  

Also finished selling off my DC girls, buy in for most was at 50% and I’ve been doing bundles at around retail.  Last bundle of 41234, 41235, 41231, 41233 sold at £60 buy in £32.  Wish I bought more.  All gone in 9 months at prices roughly double my buy in, with negligible fees.   

Continuing to kick out my £20 75902: The Mystery Machine with 2 series 14 figs for £55.  Slower mover with the figs than without, but it’s a better margin and I’m almost out of MM’s (8 or 9 left) 

Same for 75052: Mos Eisley Cantina + Droid combos at between £100 - £110, buy in £50.  Almost out of these too.  
75112-1: General Grievous + 75111-1: Darth Vader combos at retail (£50) buy in £25.  I think these will go higher, but I have so many I need to re-balance 

Couple of 41179-1: Queen Dragon's Rescue at £90, buy in £36 
and a couple of 70593: The Green NRG Dragon £50 – buyin £20

And I finished moving my £70 75105-1: Millennium Falcon – for between £125-£130.  

All ebay, inclusive of shipping.  
Pricing is probably a little lower than expected but ebay fees have been pretty much none existent recently. 
I paid £38 fees for £3,700 sales in March, so I’m just moving the stock.  

How are you only paying 1% for ebay fees? is that like a UK promotion or something?

1 hour ago, Jeffrey_Dollars said:

How are you only paying 1% for ebay fees? is that like a UK promotion or something?

UK ebay have been throwing out £1 and £3 fixed final fee promo offers since the New Year.  I don’t get all of them, but it’s really just a case of gaming the system a little to list high priced items during the offers and low turnover items during the normal 10%.  They tend to do it Q1 every year, they dry up during the summer months.  

Guest TabbyBoy

eBay's FVF offer are to be treated with caution as you're often invited along with many thousands of other sellers at the same time. There's often a race to the bottom and, after looking through my pre-business account history, I made more money outside of these offers. I know we all baulk at eBay's fees, but it's nothing like the overheads of running a real business as I'm beginning to find out now. You'll pay more in Income Tax than eBay fees anyway, or... you certainly should be!

Under HMRC rules, you don't have to be a Business Seller on eBay, but they are targeting Private Sellers for tax evasion. Competitors can grass you up too ?

If you sell a set at 3x buy-in, you'll still double your money after expenses.