What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...

I think I posted my May the 4th BB-8 too early.  I put it on my Bricklink after I placed my LEGO Shop at Home order.  It sold 58 minutes later.  I just realized I'll be out of town for work when it arrives, so she'll be waiting a week before I can ship.  But, I think one of my local buddies is going to ship his to her when it arrives and then I'll give him mine and reimburse the shipping.

• Like 1

Putting inventory up for sale before physically having that inventory for sale is pretty much the definition of too early, yes. As bad as ebay sellers putting up 'pre-orders' for the UCS Falcon, or in last week's case the UCS Y-Wing. My own 2 cents, no disrespect meant, but i think that's a shady business practice. Don't sell something unless you have the something to actually sell. 

• Like 1

21306 Yellow Submarine

bought Oct 27th at USD 45.12 (B&N)
sold May 5th at (BRL 365) USD 103.49 (local, buyer pickup)

(I was happy to more than double my money in 190 days, I know I could have easily tripled my money but the buyer was a friend of a friend... :-))

Guest TabbyBoy
On 5/4/2018 at 11:06 PM, Zelgazra said:

Putting inventory up for sale before physically having that inventory for sale is pretty much the definition of too early, yes. As bad as ebay sellers putting up 'pre-orders' for the UCS Falcon, or in last week's case the UCS Y-Wing. My own 2 cents, no disrespect meant, but i think that's a shady business practice. Don't sell something unless you have the something to actually sell. 

I can't agree more. Don't have it! Don't sell it!

On 5/5/2018 at 12:06 AM, Zelgazra said:

Ebay allow it, though.

Guest TabbyBoy
4 hours ago, Val-E said:

Ebay allow it, though.

Yes, they support dodgy sellers and dropshippers more than honest ethical sellers.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Darn, I sold mine too early at 140

If you were happy with 140 at the time and used that 140 wisely, you did the right thing. As long as I make at least 1.5x buy-in after fees/tax, out the door it goes. I'd rather not wait and risk a drop or re-release.

April was a great month  with similar sales total as october of last year.  notable sales:

41063 Ariel Undersea Palace - $174.99 - buyin $30.  down to 3.

Wall-E - $165 and $169 - buyin $49.  my precious still have a decent number of these.

Raptor Escape $169 - buyin $40 - price has come down a little with the new sets.  that was my last one.

Raptor Rampage x3 - $129 buyin $35.  - all out.

Smashed box I rex    x 2 - $299 each.  buyin $95 during TRU sales + 20% gift cards in early 2017.  elected not to return them when they were delivered damaged.  got more for the smashed ones than any of the minty ones i sold.  no mas i rex.  :( 

20x 41304 Friends Puppy Tricks and Treats for $12.70 each.  buyin $2.50.  still have another 2 dozen.  woof woof.

1x Duplo Minnie Cafe for $60.  buyin $11.

First Order Tie Fighter for $84 and $94 the same day - one sale under each listing.  wth.  buyin $35.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 6

20x 41304 Friends Puppy Tricks and Treats for $12.70 each.  buyin $2.50.  still have another 2 dozen.  woof woof.

That's the worst performing one of the three. Sold a lot of the others for $16 each, buy-in $0.05 average (thanks KMart for these fillers).
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Phil B said:

That's the worst performing one of the three. Sold a lot of the others for $16 each, buy-in $0.05 average (thanks KMart for these fillers).

yeah the other ones were hard to come by.   think the honey hole only had 15-20 of the others at $2.50.  for some reason they had a lot of friends puppy tricks.  i'm holding out for $20 on the rest of the stash.

i could never get passed the squished box in a mailer stage in my relationship with kmart but you are certainly the master of that opaque art.

i'll make more money selling the equivalent dollar value from these little silly puppy sets than I ever will make from a sTumbler.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 1

yeah the other ones were hard to come by.   think the honey hole only had 15-20 of the others at $2.50.  for some reason they had a lot of friends puppy tricks.  i'm holding out for $20 on the rest of the stash.
i could never get passed the squished box in a mailer stage in my relationship with kmart but you are certainly the master of that opaque art.
i'll make more money selling the equivalent dollar value from these little silly puppy sets than I ever will make from a sTumbler.
Since I started my new job, I have access to a KMart again, so I have been slowly buying up their entire stock of 41302, 41303 and 41304 over time. Coincidentally bought their very last one yesterday using my $5 on $5 FC from this week's Weekly Sweeps email. Gimme mo money, uncle Eddie!
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, cladner said:

Wall-E - $165 and $169 - buyin $49.  my precious still have a decent number of these.

I'm not sure what to do with mine.  I mostly only sell on Amazon.  I'm pretty sure all of mine have the neck issue and it's addressed in the Q&A, but I don't want a knock on my rating because someone doesn't care to read the entire description.

10 minutes ago, Loghamel said:

I'm not sure what to do with mine.  I mostly only sell on Amazon.  I'm pretty sure all of mine have the neck issue and it's addressed in the Q&A, but I don't want a knock on my rating because someone doesn't care to read the entire description.

forgive me for being lazy and not looking it up, how do I check if mine have the neck issue?

1 hour ago, Loghamel said:

I've sold plenty, no issues.

• Like 1

Due to the amount of space my Star Wars UCS sets were taking up, I took the decision that having a modular town would not be possible. Hence, started to sell off my modulars. Sold this little gem for £650. Buy in was £450 about 18 months ago, so cleared £170 after fees. IMG_7846.JPG

• Like 4

I have a massive amount of Lego pieces in a huge tub that I'd like to get rid of well not that I'd like to get rid of my mom's forcing me says I've held on to them for so long and don't even use any of the pieces anymore (which is true) i want to sell the tub but don't know how much the pieces from the sets are worth,there's pieces from emperor palpatines shuttle,the very old snowspeeder that came with luke and the wampa,maybe a few star destroyer pieces from that mini star destroyer build you could buy years ago and so on the list of pieces from sets go on and I'd really love to know how much I could get from selling the whole tub (there's still some sets that aren't fully broken down into pieces either so there's that to maybe even some minifigures that I don't have the pieces to etc....)

On 11/5/2012 at 9:35 AM, Huskers1236 said:

Since we have the buying thread, I thought we could have a selling thread too. Let guys, and girls, let others know sets they have moved, maybe returns that they realized and the timeframe it took to get there. If this is lame, well, I guess it will fall to the depths of the forum, here goes. Sold a sealed 7199 IJ Temple of Doom for $200, purchased for $115 6 months ago I have others, but this is just to give you an idea.

Edited by Blackedoutgamer
Spelling check

10 hours ago, Cheese said:

Due to the amount of space my Star Wars UCS sets were taking up, I took the decision that having a modular town would not be possible. Hence, started to sell off my modulars. Sold this little gem for £650. Buy in was £450 about 18 months ago, so cleared £170 after fees. IMG_7846.JPG

Congrats. As much as I love older sets, it's getting to a point where lego is doing so well with some of the newer models so it really doesn't make sense to hold on to some older, more desirable sets if your intention isn't strictly about flipping the sets.