What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...
6 hours ago, LegoWalker4 said:

The buyer did not want the box for this last one.  If anybody needs a box for this set (has some wear), please let me know.  If you live in the Baltimore/Washington area, we can arrange to meet.

Stick it on ebay.   I sold just the empty 75919 box for £50.  Box wasnt in the best of conditions either.  And i told i was going to flatten for shipping

70005   Chima                                £60        £?? 75%off probably
76039   Antman final battle          £46.50  £5
42039   24 hour race car               £115      £50
75900   Scooby Doo                      £30         £6.50
9756     ewok attack                      £45         £6
3 x mixels series 2                         £30         £4.5 
10815    My first rocket                 £15         £2.75
4842 + 4867                                    £630      £37.50

A few sales this past month. Some highlights include:

1) Sold a Fairground Mixer for £175. Buy in was £90 from TRU and was with £1 FVF so cleared just under £70. Probably should have held since can see more people wanting this now that this is a proper theme.
2) got rid of my last original Vader Constraction set by bundling it with. General Grevious. Cleared about £10. Glad to be rid of it.
3) sold another IST for £90. Luckily buying was only £42, so still cleared £35. I’ve learnt from this set not to buy sets with large boxes due to increased shipping costs

On 5/29/2018 at 12:16 PM, Cheese said:

A few sales this past month. Some highlights include:

1) Sold a Fairground Mixer for £175. Buy in was £90 from TRU and was with £1 FVF so cleared just under £70. Probably should have held since can see more people wanting this now that this is a proper theme.
2) got rid of my last original Vader Constraction set by bundling it with. General Grevious. Cleared about £10. Glad to be rid of it.
3) sold another IST for £90. Luckily buying was only £42, so still cleared £35. I’ve learnt from this set not to buy sets with large boxes due to increased shipping costs

re number 3, ebay shutl is ideal on bigger sets, 1 day UPS for around £6

• Like 1

Sold my first Lego set today. Sold my MISB Red Five for $290 on the bay. The price was about the going price, but it sold fast (a little over a day). Hoping I don't get a SNAD case or anything (I wasn't to keen on selling it on eBay, but hopefully, it will go ok). After I sold it, I noticed that eBay had put up a flat $10 final value fee promo the day after I listed it and didn't send me a message (they screwed up the last $10 promo by notifying us after it ended the last time). Those weasels...

Edited by bigboy61
  • Like 2

Sold a LEGO Friends Heartlake Grand Hotel 41101 - damaged box. $168 Ebay.   Maybe listed to low since it sold 5 minutes after listing.

Sold to a drop shipper --> Portland (Buyer is from China).

Grand hHotel was my first real investment purchase. I bought 5 at 64 bucks. Flipped the first 4 for around 100-130.

Thought I'd keep one to build. But saw what it was going for.

As Phil said it is so much easier to buy than figure out a way to sell.

2 years in - I think I've figured out what lego I like collecting. 

• Like 3

The coupon got stuff moving today. Sea Cow 335 (buy in 200), Fire Brigade 380, Tie Fighter 200 (buy in was 90). Few big technic sets gone too. Only thing left is a Hoth I got when amazon blew them out, prob need to be below rrp to move it. May try to get some more listed before the sale ends.

I'm not buying for investment anymore, just selling down. Bring on more sales ebay!

Edited by marcandre

• 2 weeks later...

Recent activity below. This year has been quite steady and helped by a number of eBay FVF offers.
1) Sold my last Dr Who for £50. Wasn’t mint, hence price. Buy in was only £22 and cleared £20. Glad I didn’t go large like some others.
2) Sold another Minecraft Wither for £55 with a buy in of £20. Not bad for a set that only retired six months ago. It’s the only Minecraft set that is selling for me. Should bode well for Xmas for the remaining inventory. Glad I cleared these out at my local TRU when they were going for 33% off.
3) Sold a few 60th anniversary promos for £25. I was going to keep these in cold storage thinking that these will do well in a few years time, but given that past promos are starting to be sold in store at Lego, can see this coming back soon and prices being being held back.
4) Bought a joblot of 12 Ahsoka Tano minifigures from the Rebel Combat Minifigures for ave £12 buy in a year ago. Sold me last one recently. Ave sale was about £23, so about £10 profit per figure. Was hard work and took too long. Never doing minifigures again!
4) Finally sold a few Wonder Woman Battle Sets. Despite limited supply and being a TRU exclusive, this was no ant man as many people predicted. Luckily my buy in was low at ave £15. manage to get some sales at £32, so still manage to turn a profit.
5) Sold my last Dr Strange for £30. Just broke even after fees. Decided to cut my losses on this set, since it was doing much and cleared out the few that I had.

• Like 2

Took a break while I moved. Some odds and ends, though:

Last Ekimu for $100.

Last StarScavenger for $40. Buy-in was $12.

Jungle Tree House for $115, buy-in was $33.

4x Easter Egg Hunt for $60. Buy-in was $8.

Flipped 30x sand baseplate lot for $250, buy-in was $150. 

Moving casualty Rebel Combat Frigate for $100+shipping on BL. Buy-in was $66 during last year's sale + 15% off coupon. Should've bought more even without the extra 15% off. And packed this one differently.

Also managed to get rid of almost all of my non-LEGO B&N clearance.

Edited by mizeur

Guest TabbyBoy

So far this month:

10x 21104 Mars Rovers for £1000 cash (£24.99 each during 2x VIP)

50x 21304 Doctor Who for £2000 in John Lewis vouchers (£22.00 each from Asda) - I need a new TV anyway ?

1x 70810 Sea Cow for £140 cash (£169.99 each so a loss,  but glad to get shot of it!)

10x 10214 Tower Bridge for £1500 cash (£209.99 each so a big loss, but no longer need to pay for storage)

20x 10220 VW Camper for £1000 cash (£49.99 each so break even as it'll NEVER retire)

50,000 (yes 50,000) 4x2x1 bricks in black for £2000 in M&S vouchers (Given to me FOC by Legoland Windsor after me doing some IT work for them)

I'm so fed up with Star Wars and Super Heroes sets that I donated all my remaining sets to local schools. I get a lot back in return as they now buy signs off me ?

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

So far this month:

50x 21304 Doctor Who for £2000 in John Lewis vouchers (£22.00 each from Asda) - I need a new TV anyway ?

50,000 (yes 50,000) 4x2x1 bricks in black for £2000 in M&S vouchers (Given to me FOC by Legoland Windsor after me doing some IT work for them)

Do you accept ration coupons too?

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I was just concerned about spending that much on a TV these days.

TV manufacturers make TLG look like Mother Teresa in terms of price gouging and JL do discounts like Mariah Carey does stairs.

Edited by Val-E

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Cheese said:

Sold another one of my old modular sets due to a clear out. Bought for £200 about 18 months ago and sold for £220, so just breaking even after fees.e2016c01414892b136911a49bf380dae.jpg

That's one of the last profit-making modulars. I still have a few boxes of these so I'd better get rid before it's rereleased!

2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

That's one of the last profit-making modulars. I still have a few boxes of these so I'd better get rid before it's rereleased!

Why are you not double teaming them with Pet Shops?  Much easier to shift the latter turd with a harder to find set.

Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Why are you not double teaming them with Pet Shops?  Much easier to shift the latter turd with a harder to find set.

Already tried after Xmas, it sold for less WITH the Petshop. £310 without and £290 with! I sold all my Pet Shops at a £10-20 loss to get rid, no regrets at all as prices will only keep tanking.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Already tried after Xmas, it sold for less WITH the Petshop. £310 without and £290 with! I sold all my Pet Shops at a £10-20 loss to get rid, no regrets at all as prices will only keep tanking.

Palace Cinema, on the other hand, could be tickling £200 in the run up to Christmas. 

On 6/6/2018 at 1:16 PM, marcandre said:

The coupon got stuff moving today. Sea Cow 335 (buy in 200), Fire Brigade 380, Tie Fighter 200 (buy in was 90). Few big technic sets gone too. Only thing left is a Hoth I got when amazon blew them out, prob need to be below rrp to move it. May try to get some more listed before the sale ends.

I'm not buying for investment anymore, just selling down. Bring on more sales ebay!

I'm not buying for investment anymore either.  

• 2 weeks later...