What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...
6 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

March 30, 2018. This is a date that will forever be remembered. I can get a little emotional at times. As an adult, there are a few instances when I've shed a tear. I cried when my son was born. I cried again a year later when my daughter was born. I cried tears of joy when my beloved Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl 31 after three decades of mediocrity, and again when they won Super Bowl 45. The last time I cried was two years ago this April when my Mom passed away. 

March 30, 2018. Today is another day that I've sobbed like a baby. Upon waking up for work, I checked my phone like I always do. Waiting for me was a PayPal notification. A large one. I checked my Bricklink account, and it appears that some blessed soul has decided that they needed some Steam Rollers in their life. 

Yes, some Steam Rollers. All of them. 27 to be exact. Gone. Purchased by an unknown person. A risk taker. A gambler. A guardian angel, perhaps? I began this saga with over 50 of those Steam Rollers. I'd sell one here, one there through multiple platforms, slowly chipping away at that number. I whittled it down to 27. Now I have 0. They are gone. The purchase price was just a shade over $1k. I'll make a few bucks on each one after the usual fees and shipping, but that's not the point in this circumstance. The nightmare is finally over. 

March 30, 2018 is my Independance Day.

Mods, can we get this stickied, please?  Because honestly, this is worthy of LEGENDARY status.  The true measure of a patient and labored LEGO reseller with his love of Steamrollers.

Paging @Alpinemaps, @exciter1, and other mods...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

March 30, 2018. This is a date that will forever be remembered. I can get a little emotional at times. As an adult, there are a few instances when I've shed a tear. I cried when my son was born. I cried again a year later when my daughter was born. I cried tears of joy when my beloved Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl 31 after three decades of mediocrity, and again when they won Super Bowl 45. The last time I cried was two years ago this April when my Mom passed away. 

March 30, 2018. Today is another day that I've sobbed like a baby. Upon waking up for work, I checked my phone like I always do. Waiting for me was a PayPal notification. A large one. I checked my Bricklink account, and it appears that some blessed soul has decided that they needed some Steam Rollers in their life. 

Yes, some Steam Rollers. All of them. 27 to be exact. Gone. Purchased by an unknown person. A risk taker. A gambler. A guardian angel, perhaps? I began this saga with over 50 of those Steam Rollers. I'd sell one here, one there through multiple platforms, slowly chipping away at that number. I whittled it down to 27. Now I have 0. They are gone. The purchase price was just a shade over $1k. I'll make a few bucks on each one after the usual fees and shipping, but that's not the point in this circumstance. The nightmare is finally over. 

Awesome news and post. I love that you've always been able to joke about it. I'm both happy for you and yet feeling left behind. I only bought 16 or so, probably the most I bought of any set thinking they were really cool and sure to be winners. Seeing them not shoot up in value as expected, I always justified it by saying, "well, at least I'm not the one stuck with XX of them!" Now you've passed on the torch of being "that guy." :P 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Haven't posted in here for a while, don't' want people to think I've given up on selling or anything, just too busy to report about it most of the time. Had a nice finish to March and an excellent start to April. Over the past week or two:

4954 Model Town House 100% w/ Box - $250 Cash sale, Buy In $70

40158 Pirates Chess Set NISB - $80 EBay, Buy in $53 ..... omg someone actually bought one?! Sweetest victory!

21303 Wall-E NISB - $145 EBay, Buy in $55

8781 Castle of Morcia 100% No Manual - $115 EBay, Buy in $56.50

75134 Galactic Empire Battle Pack NISB - $28 EBay, Buy in $15

60074 Bulldozer NISB - $70 EBay, Buy in $45

7419 Dragon Fortress 100% - $190 EBay, Buy in $45

• Like 4

sold 2 series 18 policemen for $33 each and 27 ultimate batmobile polybags for $200. got the polys last week at tru. a few weeks ago i found 9 of them at a different tru and the cashier was hassling me about buying them all. this was about 2 days before they officially announced they were closing all stores. i sold those in lots of 3 for $28 each pretty quickly. when i found these 27 the other day i planned on selling them the same way, in lots of 3, but i figured i’d try out a huge lot first to see if it would sell. buyer is in singapore. IMG_5714.JPG

• Like 7

Recent Sales...

Sold 7 x Series Policeman Ebay. Buy in £20, all went to one buyer via GSP so only one postage fee. £157 - fees. So happy with these!
Sold 1 x 7018 Viking ship used, buy in was £18 including the spares I had to order from Bricklink. £65 - fees and postage
Sold 2 pairs of BrickHeadz Ninjago Lloyd 41487 and Master Wu 41488 buy in £40 £69.50  - fees and postage
Sold 1 x pair of 41485 BrickHeadz Finn & Lego 41486 BrickHeadz Captain Phasma, buy in £20, £50 - fees and postage
Sold 1x  75135 Obi-Wan's Jedi Interceptor buy in £15, £29.95 - fees and postage.

Not great profits on the Ninjago Brickheads but they were part of a £60 order to get free shipping with Phasma and Finn so I'm happy to have made small profits on those rather than pay £4 postage from SAH.

Viking ship was time consuming and Brick Link orders do suck into profits badly but it's still 2 x investment.

Bought the Interceptor Brand new from a boot sale, I thought I'd give it a punt as it was retired. Looks like it's not performed that well so I'm happy to have made any profit on it at all really.

Set                   Paid         Sold (including p+p)     All on ebay (£1FVF)
9485                £6.5          £62
75919              £65           £225                       x 3
40202 x 2        £2 each   £20
10673               £11.63    £40                         x 2
10674              £11.63     £40                         x 3
75918              £35           £125
9499                £?? (<rrp)            £135

TRU Bricktober 2015, 2016, 2017 full sets  for £245 (got for free)

Edited by MoHu
  • Like 2

Congrats! The shipping cost must kill though?

shipping was over $40 each! mostly cross country unfortunately. but at $80 buy in its still clearing over $100 each in less than a week. plus maintaining ebay as a backup given how unpredictable amazon has been with lego sellers.

On 3/30/2018 at 6:12 AM, terrymc4677 said:

Most excellent. Terry.

You give the rest of us hope with our 30+ Exo-Suits. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jaisonline said:
Most excellent. Terry.
You give the rest of us hope with our 30+ Exo-Suits. 

Ha! That is one set that luckily I never bought into the hype on. I only bought two of those. I gave one to my son and I sold the other one for cost on craigslist. Dodged a bullet there.

Rey's speeder on the other hand, right Terry?

I still have over 50 of those, but I haven't tried to sell any yet. I'm waiting for it to completely disappear from retail. I haven't even really been looking to see how it's doing yet. I have faith in Rey. She won't let me down, and at a $10 buy in my concern isn't at Steam Roller level...yet.
  • Like 3