What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...
34 minutes ago, Cheese said:

Been a good start to the year. With a number of sales on eBay, FB and Gumtree:

Ninjago Dawn of Iron Doom Buy in £45 / Sold £100/ Profit £45 / Hold Less than a month

Pet shop £100 / £170 / £50 / 1 year

Shuttle Tydirium £40 / £95 / £45 / 1.5 year

Dr Who £22 / £53 / £28 / 1.5 year

Ecto 1 £27 / £62 / £29 / 1.5 year

5 x Anniversary promo, Valentine Bee, VIP Promo & Flower bundle £12.75 / £60 / £42 / less than a week

Elves Queen Dragon £45 / £109 / £50 / 1 month

5 x R2-D2 & R3-M2 poly £0 / £20 / £17 / six months

2 x Wall-E £23 / £80 / £50 / 1.5 year

2 x Wither £20 / £50 / £24 / less than a month

Total profit: £690 (which will be ploughed straight into 2 MOCs that I am currently sourcing bricks)

Nice work!

FBA sales since last post:

1x 31041 Construction Vehicles for $36.99, buy-in of $2

1x 70737 Titan Mech Battle for $170, buy-in of $30

1x 41061 Jasmine's Exotic Palace for $68, buy-in of $13

1x 75092 Naboo Starfighter for $113, buy-in of $25

Edited by micbelt
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, TANV said:

Well, I sold a NISB 10218 Pet Shop for $168 on BrickLink.  Buy in was...$62. 

And people said Pet Shops wouldn't bring in much money. Bah, I say!

As is argued plentiful here: buy-in is key ! For the ones who bought Pet Shop at RRP when it was about to retire there's no meat on the bones at that price. But a buy-in at > 50% discount from RRP is a no-brainer still for the Creator Expert Modulars.

• Like 1

Hard to find but such offers do exist. TRU last year had 20% off all Lego during one weekend. That along with TRU £20 off giftcards which we’re still valid at time of the promotion meant that I was able to pick up a Brick Bank for £76 and a Ferris Wheel for £116.

37 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I haven´t paid more than half price for a modular since 2015. Problem was all the ones I bought before that too damn high.

come on... >50% off must include cashback, discounts and promos and freebies being sold off.

even with SaH there's freebies to offset and points to consider.

I got the brick back at SaH for -20% and 3 Christmas promos that I sold for £40, but I wouldn't really consider that half price

16 minutes ago, andyposterfan said:

come on... >50% off must include cashback, discounts and promos and freebies being sold off.

I got the brick back at SaH for -20% and 3 Christmas promos that I sold for £40, but I wouldn't really consider that half price

Especially since 20% from LEGO Shop at Home is actually 16.67%.

Sold Davey Jones, found him in a load of random Playmobil we got at a charity shop, so no buy in.

Really sorry to see him go.
Sold for £55 on ebay, £44 profit after fees and postage.
s-l1600.jpg

Bet you wish you hadn’t stumbled on that Minifigure and thus never got pulled into the world of Lego Investing!
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, andyposterfan said:

Direct discounts or price errors on PR and BB. No point in buying them for less discount and certainly not from SAH. Last one I paid full price for was TH because it had already retired and at that time you could make money on them paying full RRP. Not happened since and probably won´t again.

• Like 1

Sold a Chima Fire Temple for $130 shipped (can't wait to offload these). Bought at half off.

Sold a Coast Guard Patrol 60014 for $125 shipped. $50 buy-in.

Now I need to get around to dumping the 15+ Nindroid Mechdragons that I have back from my rookie days of investing in LEGO when I would buy every set that was on clearance :)

• Like 1

8x 40165 Wedding Favour set as a job lot £45 after fees.

Buy in was 30 pence each as a result of some complimentary points from SaH and a £10 lego shop voucher I got through the post before Christmas.

Thought I'd get them gone rather than waiting around - as the new version is better!

• Like 1