What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...

Does anybody think that one of these two guys (bidding over each other, nothing much of a feedback) is really going to pay for that? I think its absurd (RRP 375 EUR). That car doesnt simply have a value of 2 Falcons bought at London midnight premiere and even signed by the LEGO creators.
image.thumb.png.ae278bc737d763976bef232ff92e37af.png

1 minute ago, crayxlp said:

Does anybody think that one of these two guys (bidding over each other, nothing much of a feedback) is really going to pay for that? I think its absurd (RRP 375 EUR). That car doesnt simply have a value of 2 Falcons bought at London midnight premiere and even signed by the LEGO creators.
image.thumb.png.ae278bc737d763976bef232ff92e37af.png

Maybe, there's only one way to find out :)

I don't understand this. Afaik you don't need any approval to open a BL store, you just do it. Unless things changed in the last 2 years ...

Yes, things have changed. There’s now a seller verification step and nobody answers emails with queries as to status. I added inventory, set shipping rates, and (as far as I can tell according to the FAQ) met their requirements for new sellers but my store remains “closed” with no option to open it.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
  • Like 3

Just now, calmdahn said:

Yes, things have changed. There’s now a seller verification step and nobody answers emails with queries as to status. I added inventory, set shipping rates, and (as far as I can tell according to the FAQ) met their requirements for new sellers but my store remains “closed” with no option to open it.

A colleague of mine at work would also like to start selling through Bricklink but has the same problem. I think the new rules are that you must get some positive feedback first (as a buyer) before you can start selling on Bricklink... That's annoying for new BL members who don't want to buy, just sell, but that's how it is now, as far as I know. 

• Like 1

A colleague of mine at work would also like to start selling through Bricklink but has the same problem. I think the new rules are that you must get some positive feedback first (as a buyer) before you can start selling on Bricklink... That's annoying for new BL members who don't want to buy, just sell, but that's how it is now, as far as I know. 

This is what it says, yes, but I met the five positive feedback score and 100 days requirements and still have a “closed” store.

• Like 1

This is what it says, yes, but I met the five positive feedback score and 100 days requirements and still have a “closed” store.

Whoa. That’s a pretty nice gate they have set up now. It definitely would’ve discouraged me if I had to do that with out BP here to advise me. But I like it. Makes me feel more legit as a seller. Maybe a little elitist, like those Amazonians

It’s possible they have a quota of how many new sellers they want to give access to each month.

This also explains why I used to get silly requests for small cheap orders. Glad I raised my minimum purchase a while back. That keeps most of them away now.

I would have sold my one and only 75101 First Order Tie Fighter for $95 FBA today and cleared a nice 100% ROI .... if it wasn't for the fact that the buyer happened to be in my state and without a business selling account, I cannot have Amazon take care of the tax for me, so I have to pay tax myself. Ergo ... dropped down to 90% ROI. Bummer.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:

I would have sold my one and only 75101 First Order Tie Fighter for $95 FBA today and cleared a nice 100% ROI .... if it wasn't for the fact that the buyer happened to be in my state and without a business selling account, I cannot have Amazon take care of the tax for me, so I have to pay tax myself. Ergo ... dropped down to 90% ROI. Bummer.

Why would anybody buy a 75101 for $95...

On 28/01/2018 at 10:50 PM, richiej1979 said:

Belle's Castle £69.99, buy in £38.

Not a massive profit after fees and postage but my first sale on eBay so I'm happy.

I've increased the price for the other one now to gain a bit more more profit.

My 2nd ever sale on Ebay and again, more of a quick flip than investment but I'm happy.

LEGO Super Heroes 76081: The Milano vs. The Abilisk

Sold for £44.95, buy in £24. Maybe £12 profit after fees.

• Like 1

Just now, Cheese said:

Got to start somewhere! Now it’s about increasing your turnover with quick flips to replenish your funds and reinvest that into more sets so that inventory and returns grow.

Thanks Cheese. Yeah I got to get a big inventory for Christmas time when some of the proper investments might come good.

17 minutes ago, Captain_chaos said:

Sold a 10259 Winter Village Station for £100 with £3 fee. Got it for £52.49 on LEGO Shop at Home, plus £3 cashback and VIP points. Shame only one of these actually came. It's a nice flip, though I've no idea why the price has risen so high; it's guaranteed to come back later in the year.

I think it's because many think it has retired for good (even though it has 2 more winters to go). Thankfully they don't know how to shop around lol: https://www.johnlewis.com/lego-creator-10259-winter-village-station/p3389530

Edited by John82

On 1/28/2018 at 5:48 PM, CLMF said:

Why would anybody buy a 75101 for $95...

(all FBA)

i've sold 11 for $97.99 so go figure.  great return on a $35 buyin.  all of the first order sets people took a leak on are going to surprise to the upside.

sold 8x First Order Snowspeeders for $54.99, buyin $19  in the last 3 weeks also.

sold 8x little red racer  creator cars 31055 I picked up online clearance for $3.23 less than 4 weeks ago for $14.79.  yeah baby - little sets getting it done.  only 67x more to sell.

9x Friends Foal washing stations for $21.99 (buyin $4 a month ago).

8x Rebel Trooper battle packs for $20 each - buyin $4 2 weeks ago.

6x Speed Champions F150 Raptor -Model A for $74.99, buyin $25 during last years TRU 50% off sale.

5x Juniors Lost Temples for $44.90 each, buyin during Target's clearance blow out last summer for $11.63.  glad i went deep on these. 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4

15 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Sold both of my 75105 MF's for $190 shipped on ebay, buy in was $45 from Walmart clearance a year or two ago.  Have also sold a couple 10240 UCS X Wings on BL for $275.  The purge continues.  

Weren't those Falcons $35 ea?! You're Welcome! And Thank you!

Edited by bigfanofnu