What Lego set did you sell today and for how much?

• 4 years later...
9 hours ago, mizeur said:

In case anyone remains skeptical of the last wave of B&N 50% off sets:

Friends Supermarket is already selling for $52 on AZ and >RRP on eBay. 

Friends Hot Dog Van is selling for $36 on AZ and RRP on eBay.

Knew the supermarket set would be a home run.  Parents and their kids lose their 'stuff' over them.  There's a small town not too far from here that has a "small town" where everything is kid's size.  The supermarket in that place is always the busiest place.

Was able to move all my 75101 First Order TIE Fighters over the course of a couple days this past weekend.  Priced them to sell at $70 and they flew off the proverbial shelf.  Buy-in was $30 during Barnes and Noble clearance last year.  Locally sold a Smaug and Laketown set together for $200 as well.  I'm happy to see the stock dwindling down, but I think my T1 Campers and Tower Bridges might get buried with me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

Was able to move all my 75101 First Order TIE Fighters over the course of a couple days this past weekend.  Priced them to sell at $70 and they flew off the proverbial shelf.  Buy-in was $30 during Barnes and Noble clearance last year.  Locally sold a Smaug and Laketown set together for $200 as well.  I'm happy to see the stock dwindling down, but I think my T1 Campers and Tower Bridges might get buried with me.

Haha, no kidding. Someone wrote instructions that use the Tower Bridge to create a modular building. About to drop $20 on those...

• Like 5

Sold too much to post over the recent Xmas months but important sales were dumping all FO Ties at an ok profit before the Solo set images make it into the wild. Shifted a few Poes Xwings to create some space. Shifted all Doctor strange and buildable vader sets before remake. Sold 2 Hogwarts castle in case remake affected current price (probably unlikely) sold 2 pet shops with £50 clear profit on both to make room.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 1

I think I will too and it'll probably sell for more than a MISB Tower Bridge!

I was thinking the exact same thing! Market the Bridge as the new Modular and watch them sell! We've all wanted a Modular Museum....well here we go! I guess if Lego won't design it....than someone has to! Very well done!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Sold my first time built fishing store at 140 Euro to Netherlands on BL - including shipping even at 156 Euro. Although there is a Dutch seller with 54 new of these sets at 150 Euro, including shipping to Netherlands 156 Euro, too... understandable??

Edited by mauro23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mauro23 said:

Sold my first time built fishing store at 140 Euro to Netherlands on BL - including shipping even at 156 Euro. Although there is a Dutch seller with 54 new of these sets at 150 Euro, including shipping to Netherlands 156 Euro, too... understandable??

I guess people only look at the cheapest price excluding shipping and forget to add the additional shipping costs. I made that mistake too one time in the beginning when I bought a NISB set from eBay and forgot there were additional shipping costs added, which made the purchase equal in price if I'd just bought it through another channel. Oh well, learn through making mistakes. :P 

2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Let´s face it, if all valued customers were the sharpest knives in the set, we´d be struggling to sell anything.

We rely a lot on misinformed, rich, lazy, capricious  or high/drunk people to do business.

I’ll drink to that. More booze in the house after this Christmas season

Guest TabbyBoy

1x 70810 Sea Cow for £170 cash.

1x 21102 The Forest for £20 cash.

1x 10197 Fire Brigade for £275 cash.

30x 4209 Fire Planes for £1000 cash.

10,000x 4x2 black plates for £250 cash.

Swapped a 10218 Pet Shop for 3x 41176 Secret Market Places. (He gets a 10218 for £75 and I get >£200 for the 41176s).

Guest TabbyBoy
9 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

10,000x 4x2 black plates for £250 cash. . how a sale (like ths) looks like?  You bring on some bags with counted pcs inside or just a scale to weight? :)

It's just part of a job lot on a pallet that I bought blind at an auction last year for £100. It also had hundreds of baseplates too, new, but unpacked. I now have only about 800x 4x2 yellow plates left out of that lot.

They were in 20x sealed bags of 500pcs and basically looked like a 50x50x50cm box full of blackness ;-)

The auction was in Portsmouth so probably came from Bright Bricks nearby.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Imagine if it had been a job lot of Angry Birds....

My other half would've been a very Angry Bird as it drove her bonkers when I was playing it, let alone store it.

On 10/01/2018 at 6:43 PM, Forsaker said:

After a first busy Holiday selling period, this is my first January as a seller. Sales have been coming in real slowly since Xmas. When do you guys usually see them get back to rest of the year normal flow?

My sales during November/December were just average, but January has been excellent so far with 4 sets sold already. :) 

Just completed my third Bricklink sale: a 75055 ISD for €230 including shipping to Austria. Could maybe have gotten more for it if I waited longer, but the loft is overflowing with LEGO boxes and I need to make some space for new purchases. :derisive:

• Like 1