6857 - The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

Rich B

This set is now two years old.  Whether or not it is going away soon, it is a great set that is hard to get at a reasonable discount because of the exclusive nature of it.  If you can get two from TRU for $32 each after tax (in America, at least,) I can't think of a better time to grab up as many as you can afford.  Plus a couple more after that.  :)

How are you getting it for $32?  Am I missing a deal on their website?

How are you getting it for $32?  Am I missing a deal on their website?

I was referring to the sale they had up until last Saturday.  It was listed at $39.99, and then it was buy one, get one half off.

It is still $39.99 now.  This is a set though that I have happily paid full retail for at times when need be.  It will appreciate enough to cover the cost.  :)

Are most TRU stores not restocking? I see the piles becoming smaller and smaller at my local stores... Could be interesting after this season?

My TRU stores are still stocked to the brim with these sets. So I can't tell. I think them having them at 55-60 dollars makes them dead weight in a retail environment. I think the set is done though and it is going to become very interesting.

I have been buying a few every week. At ~$30 this set is gold.

My TRU stores are still stocked to the brim with these sets. So I can't tell. I think them having them at 55-60 dollars makes them dead weight in a retail environment. I think the set is done though and it is going to become very interesting.

I have been buying a few every week. At ~$30 this set is gold.

I bought 18 of these a couple weeks ago, so my store doesn't have too many of these or Battle Of Hoth left.  Less than 10 of each probably.

Any time the Funhouse is on sale, you should add a little more each time to your positions. You'll be kicking yourself having to pay 55-60 at TRU even if it's retiring.

Best sale in my part of the world for this is $39.99CAD. I think the funhouse is pretty cool. Still a lot on the shelves at TRU so I'll wait for another discount to add to my position. I saw at least 15 on the shelves at three different TRU locations.

I can`t see how people could classify this as a sleeper. Maybe up until a couple months ago, but now is seems everyone is buying multiples. The aftermarket, if it is going EOL soon, will be saturated. Still it`s a great set, and there is still some hope that the value will increase in the future. 

Fire sale now, buy 3 and $25 off. They're pulling a "Barrel Escape" from last night. Get your trigger and credit card ready to rock.

What is this referring to?  I'm sorry if I missed the reference earlier in the thread.  I did notice just now that the Barrel Escape set seems to be gone from the TRU website.  That is very telling...