6857 - The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

Rich B

For the Money its Top Notch Investment, I have 50 of them, got most of them when Tru had there buy 2 get one free and they had the $39.99 regular price. The Problem I think these will be around for another year or until 2015 when marvel Lego license expires. But should do very well.

I was looking through this thread and noticed "Marvel" here? Batman is DC, not Marvel. Two different ball games so for those who are thinking about investing in this, you'll need to think from a DC vs Marvel perspective. I got about 20 yrs of DC and Marvel investments in the bag and I already have an idea of where this set is going after it retires.

I was looking through this thread and noticed "Marvel" here? Batman is DC, not Marvel. Two different ball games so for those who are thinking about investing in this, you'll need to think from a DC vs Marvel perspective. I got about 20 yrs of DC and Marvel investments in the bag and I already have an idea of where this set is going after it retires.

Its going to go up .. lol

Not possible my friend .. 5 main super hero minifigures + 400 pieces of legos.

How can you lose at $33 each? worst case you sell each minifigure for $7-13 bucks each .. make a good profit and keep the legos from the set to add to your cllection. Just saying impossible to lose

You can't, it is that simple. 

$33 US for a Batman set with 5 key figures. I am sure there will be some market saturation but really it all depends when you intend to sell. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've been going to my local TRU store and noticed that it is fully stocked with the Funhouse Escape, I think they have about 70+ units. This has been the stock count since before Christmas. I would like to know if this is the same for other TRU stores. The thing is the other lego set are pretty much clean out. We don't have much Star War, Technic, Friends sets. I don't think this set is very popular. What does this mean from an investment POV?

Thanks,

I've been going to my local TRU store and noticed that it is fully stocked with the Funhouse Escape, I think they have about 70+ units. This has been the stock count since before Christmas. I would like to know if this is the same for other TRU stores. The thing is the other lego set are pretty much clean out. We don't have much Star War, Technic, Friends sets. I don't think this set is very popular. What does this mean from an investment POV?

Thanks,

There are tons of the funhouse, Quinjet, and superman sets at my TRU, with a sprinkle of some irob man sets. It's a popular set but overproduced maybe. Still don't think you'll lose out money with that group of minifigures if you buy it at a max of the $39.99

It being on the shelves doesn't mean it is an unpopular set, what is it priced at? It does have investment value, chances are except from the joker who is found in the batwing set, and that the blue batman is only found in batcave, the figures will push te price up eventually, plus it is considered a good set. Seeing as DC Lego only has one wave a year (last year there we only 3 sets, the bat, arkham and artic), next year we may see sets for Harley Quinn, Scarecrow and killer Croc. It has risen about 50% here in the u.k since being scarce for about a month or so.

This is an excellent set, no questions. 5 excellent figures, superb set design, and a wonderful looking box make it a winner. Absolutely it`s a popular set, and will grow in value. One concern to note is that as others above have mentioned, is that quite a few people have multiple copies of this set, thus inhibiting the value growth. All this said: 

*Please do not buy anymore!!!!!!!!!!*  xD

I think this will be the last we see of this set. There are too many new sets ready to be released across different lines. The new Lego Movie wave has 13 sets and the new Disney Princess line has 6 sets, just as examples. Also, think about the new waves of DC and Marvel sets just hitting shelves between now and May.

This set is insanely popular with members here. Most everybody here has stocked up (or so they say). This means profits will take longer to be realized especially if you paid TRU inflated retail prices.

Everyone went crazy buying this set during the TRU sale... The price was insanely seductive