6857 - The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

Rich B

I think it will reach $100 quickly if most people continue to hold it.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Especially if they sell even more on eBay this December than they did last year. It was around 260 sold last December. There isn't enough stock currently listed to hold it down from reaching $100 quickly.

I've had mine priced at $100 since July and that's where they will remain until the market catches up. Such a fantastic, unique set - great figs and playability, fun colors, and "original" batman themed.

I actually sold one Last week for $100, but buyer never paid so I can't count it. Already filed ebay claim.

I've had mine priced at $100 since July and that's where they will remain until the market catches up. Such a fantastic, unique set - great figs and playability, fun colors, and "original" batman themed.

I actually sold one Last week for $100, but buyer never paid so I can't count it. Already filed ebay claim.

Buyer paid! He is international and purchased thru global shipping program so even better bc my postage is only to Kentucky!

These TRU exclusives are a nightmare. Staying away.

It's been said for a while now that patience is needed for this set. I have. I have no doubt that this is a winner and my avg buy is like $30-35 tops. That's a triple by next Christmas. Sure, I was hoping it would retired sooner but was prepared to hold out. I've got about 25-30 of them and also flipped another 40 earlier in the yr for $50/ea just to recoup some $$.

If you're just joining the game on this set...yes, it's probably too late.

• 6 months later...

So, 6+ months after TRU over saturated these! :P

How's everyone feelings towards this set now?

I finally bailed out to someone that wanted a bunch shipped unboxed. Kept my shipping cost low and got me out before the Joker's fun house. I just don't see the appeal of this set anymore when the figures are easily found elsewhere, will continue to pop up in more sets, and the build itself isn't 'impressive'. Arkham is still impressive to me, so i think that's worthy of holding long term. This thing, not so much. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I don't know how much this will end up helping the set to appreciate, but I do think this set fits in nicely with Jokerland.  This set could easily be another "attraction" in that theme park.  While I haven't seen the two sets built next to each other, I'm guessing the scales of these two sets are equivalent.

• Like 2

i'm in the same boat.  i sold all of my 6857s except 1 loose set my kid built, played with twice and forgot about.   

kinda sad.  i'm guessing...

1. if this set was made during the batman 1 theme (assuming the same $39.99 msrp) , secondary prices would reached at least $300 by 2012 for MISBs sets.
  2. if not for the tons of diff batman sets since 2012 (aka minifig refreshes) and TRU keeping these around, secondary prices would have been nice.

note : for those still sitting on these sets, you might want to reconsider your position.  sell and put the money toward other stuff.

I finally bailed out to someone that wanted a bunch shipped unboxed. Kept my shipping cost low and got me out before the Joker's fun house. I just don't see the appeal of this set anymore when the figures are easily found elsewhere, will continue to pop up in more sets, and the build itself isn't 'impressive'. Arkham is still impressive to me, so i think that's worthy of holding long term. This thing, not so much. 

i'm in the same boat.  i sold all of my 6857s except 1 loose set my kid built, played with twice and forgot about.   

kinda sad.  i'm guessing...

1. if this set was made during the batman 1 theme (assuming the same $39.99 msrp) , secondary prices would reached at least $300 by 2012 for MISBs sets.
  2. if not for the tons of diff batman sets since 2012 (aka minifig refreshes) and TRU keeping these around, secondary prices would have been nice.

note : for those still sitting on these sets, you might want to reconsider your position.  sell and put the money toward other stuff.

Glad I read this one.  Was contemplating getting one for myself and then was actually gonna get a couple more for investment (saw some at a rather "reasonable" price from a re-seller.  Sounds like it might be a while for me to make any money on this one coming late to the party.  Now to find the next set thats already appreciated to the max and dump my money on that one :) 

There still have been some real winners post 2012. AA for one.... I reckon the bat cave will do alright medium term as well.

This is just my opinion so don't take it to the bank :). Just based on how similar sets have been performing and the lack of demand I saw while tying to sell mine, I think this set might be done in regards to other investments. Personally, I think it's a great set (design-wise) that I even picked up a new one w/o minifigs (on the cheap) to make a larger Funhouse.

Glad I read this one.  Was contemplating getting one for myself and then was actually gonna get a couple more for investment (saw some at a rather "reasonable" price from a re-seller.  Sounds like it might be a while for me to make any money on this one coming late to the party.  Now to find the next set thats already appreciated to the max and dump my money on that one :) 

There still have been some real winners post 2012. AA for one.... I reckon the bat cave will do alright medium term as well.