6857 - The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

Rich B

I was just curious what everyone's opinion was on set 6857 (The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape)? Personally I've never invested in any of the Batman sets in the past, but this set seems like such a value to me being that the MSRP is only $39.99, and it comes with 5 awesome minifigs, and the playablity factor for kids is great! I love this set and it really has me interested in building and investing in Batman now. Unfortunately it's sold out at my 2 closest Lego stores, and on LEGO Shop at Home till early next month. I feel this set will one day do pretty well after EOL, just my opinion though, what do you guys think?

I was just curious what everyone's opinion was on set 6857 (The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape)? Personally I've never invested in any of the Batman sets in the past, but this set seems like such a value to me being that the MSRP is only $39.99, and it comes with 5 awesome minifigs, and the playablity factor for kids is great!

I love this set and it really has me interested in building and investing in Batman now. Unfortunately it's sold out at my 2 closest Lego stores, and on LEGO Shop at Home till early next month. I feel this set will one day do pretty well after EOL, just my opinion though, what do you guys think?

I like that set. The minifigs are cool. Batman sets appreciate well, so I would feel safe buying that set as an investment.

There are so many sets that could make you decent money and this is one of them. Minifigs are neat and the Batman theme does well, at least the old Batman theme. This new Batman theme might get overproduced and the values might not go up like the old ones, but these sets will appreciate better than average. I would definitely wait until it gets discounted.

• 5 weeks later...

This set is a great value, even at full MSRP. I don't see this ever getting discounted. When have any exclusives ever been marked down drastically? Amazon doesn't even sell these. Your only options are overpaying at TRU or paying full MSRP at LEGO.com. I am sitting on four copies of this set, so that should tell you how I feel about it. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Curious what people this of this set as an investment pick. I haven't heard anyone talking about it. I feel like it might be a sleeper set that could do really well because no one is stocking up on it. It seems like an odd set as it's not based on any movies/tv like the other Batman sets. Who has these and what's your call on EOL by the end of the year? http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/6857_The_Dynamic_Duo_Funhouse_Escape

Curious to see what others have to say about this one. Overall it just looks like a good bang for your buck, and 2 exclusive figures may push it forward. I picked up 2 so far with nice boxes for $44 each (TRU Canada, need I say more?) at 20% off.

For the Money its Top Notch Investment, I have 50 of them, got most of them when Tru had there buy 2 get one free and they had the $39.99 regular price. The Problem I think these will be around for another year or until 2015 when marvel Lego license expires. But should do very well.

For the Money its Top Notch Investment, I have 50 of them, got most of them when Tru had there buy 2 get one free and they had the $39.99 regular price. The Problem I think these will be around for another year or until 2015 when marvel Lego license expires. But should do very well.

As we have discussed that is my aim too. Its a small set which you can get a lot of easy enough and should be worth some nice coin down the road.

this is a great set, you can't lose with it. It's hard to say how it will do as an investment, but even if it does poorly you can still do really well to sell the five unique mini figures. my only concerns with this set are that it's hard to find at a bargain price, and who knows how long TRU will keep it on their shelves.

Not sure if it is a sleeper. Just flying under the radar (by choice) for now with most people,looking at other sets nearing retirement, . Some of us have quietly stockpiled this set while on-sale. Once it goes EOL, I see nice gains, This was the first set to feature both Joker and Harley . Arkham II know has them. First set to feature a Joker themed playset (granted, the Riddler shares it). First set to feature Batman, Robin, and Joker and first to have both Joker and Riddler in the same set. Exclusive to Lego.com and TRU (at least here) for purchasing, never made available online elsewhere in the US unlike other Lego Superhero sets. People attend to avoid TRU (high prices sometimes even during BOGO) and lego.com (high shipping charges most of the yr). Hence, not many people seem to be buying multiple copies currently, Now if only it would go EOL or had a higher element count, the set is small.

For the Money its Top Notch Investment, I have 50 of them

WOW!

You can get it on Lego.com I believe. I will be buying it when they run a nice promotion. I think it will safely be around until the end of the year.

Yes you can. It looks like you can only get them on TRU and Lego.com. There are very few on ebay.

Obviously there aren't going to be the same as the Vamp Castle where everyone has picked up 1 to 1 million on clearance and I doubt you're going to see them clearance in a large quantity at all.

Something about the TRU exclusives that bother me. They seem to be way over produced or something. They all just seem to sit on the shelves for ever. Example: Home One - Palpatine's Arrest. Granted these sets were way over priced but you just have to wonder if there is the same amount of production on these as regular sets and they are just labeled as exclusives.

Curious to see what others have to say about this one. Overall it just looks like a good bang for your buck, and 2 exclusive figures may push it forward. I picked up 2 so far with nice boxes for $44 each (TRU Canada, need I say more?) at 20% off.

Gotta love TRU. Retail on this set is only $39.99, so your 20% off deal is actually right at MSRP + Tax... What a crappy way to do business...

Gotta love TRU. Retail on this set is only $39.99, so your 20% off deal is actually right at MSRP + Tax... What a crappy way to do business...

I was quite sad, but I found some small comfort in knowing that right from LEGO Shop at Home it is $49.99 (I wish it was $39.99 up here). I still saved a few bucks by buying it at TRU, but definitely not 20% of MSRP (They had it listed at $54.99 each). And I agree,TRU is a joke in every sense of the word, but they got my business because it did save me $5 or so.