6857 - The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

Rich B

Is it worth of buying 6857 at 39.99 from LEGO Shop at Home? Wonder if its too early to buy it now. It has been tagged as Hard to Find item for long. I am still struggling whether to buy it or not. What is your opinion on this set? Thanks :)

Definitely not too early, most people think this set is on its last legs. It may be around a little longer in your country, but if you really want it, buy it now and don't run the risk of missing the boat.

Others have said that this is set stockpiled quite highly amongst investors/collectors as well. That said, it is a great set. Very good value, and one of a few on the shelf ATM that really makes me take a step back. Lovely set, and worth every penny at retail, though it doesn`t hurt to score some cheaper if you can  :thumbsup: . I`m expecting, once it goes EOL, that there will be a very large supply for quite some time, as people cash in, but after the initial wave of sales (say 2 years or so) supply will be down, and hopefully then the big money will come into sight. If it wash`t so wells stocked now, apparently, I`d expect significant returns very shortly after EOL. Bottom line, if you don`t mind waiting a while, then buy in. Heck, buy in anyway, did I mention it`s a great little set?  :laugh:

I was at lego store in Fairview mall and the clerk told me that they aren't getting any more of the fun house. Said that its probably going to be discontinued. This is what the clerk at this store told me.

I was told the same thing today. Then the clerk got super excited and was telling me about all the new sets they were going to be selling in 2014. (which we all knew)

I was a little bummed out, I've got 19 but wanted a few more before they retired. 

• Like 1

I was told the same thing today. Then the clerk got super excited and was telling me about all the new sets they were going to be selling in 2014. (which we all knew)

I was a little bummed out, I've got 19 but wanted a few more before they retired.

I guess I will have to buy them at toys r us at $54.99 a piece or whatever price they set it at. Glad you got 19. That's good for you. I only got like 4 of them a few months ago. I was going to wait for November 29 so I could get more to get that free gift when you spent $75 or more. I guess thats not happening now.

Yikes! Didn`t realize it was gone. Just missed a 20% off sale on them at TRU (expired yesterday), though that brought it to retail. Figured we`de have at least through Christmas haha. Well, I know what I`m doing tomorrow now  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Justing thinking about this for the last few minutes. Is this guy really on the way out? From my understanding of the last couple months, it should have been around for at least some of 2014. 2 year life cycle I guess though, so makes sense. Will see if I can grab a couple more from TRU. 

LEGO Shop at Home now lists this as sold out...could this be it or have things that have been marked as "sold out" come back in stock?

Until it states Retired product it could come back. Sold out has nothing to do with retirement. Too bad they are not available to buy during today's deal. Maybe next week if we are lucky.