6857 - The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

Rich B

This set seems to be getting harder to find in stores (all gone in my area), although it is still available on lego. Is it close to EOL or it just sells damn well? I also thing this will make a great investment, great minifig, exclusive parts in rare colors, excellent retail price for what it offers. Future batman movies/games are sure to be released, which will definitely make this a winner.

• 1 month later...
Guest eightbrick

If it is scarce particularly in your area, that's a good sign that it will increase steadily. Worldwide, the set has already been acclaimed, with interesting minifigures and a unique ambiance. That said, I think you should look really hard to find it for less than 40 Euros. If the hype surrounding the set is extremely localized (specific to your location, Germany) than you may want to sell it on the German equivalent of Craigslist/Kijiji.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to post this real quick.  It appears Toys R Us has started lowering the prices on their website, but the BOGO 50% off sale for Super Heroes, Star Wars, and Ninjago is still coming up in the shopping cart.

I just picked up 2 Dynamic Funhouse Escape (6857) sets for $30 each and 2 Superman vs. Power Armor Lex sets for $15 each. 

You might have to act quick to get it.  The Star Wars Y-Wing is priced at $49.99, so you can get two for $37.50 and the same goes for the Ninjago Wrecking Ball.  There are several other decent deals in each of these lines as well.

Just ignore the "Lowest prices on hundreds of top brand items" message at the bottom of some of the listings.  The BOGO 50% off will apply when they are added to the cart.

• Like 4