6857 - The Dynamic Duo Funhouse Escape

Rich B

I think Toys R Us may have a blowout sale on these sometime in the near future.  We all know the BOGO 50% off deal blows for this set, especially since they have it marked up to $59.99 on their website.  They might do a 50% off sale, like they did with the TMNT Baxter set, so they may start at $30 each.

I was in my Toys R Us yesterday and they started to move some of the new themes in to fill empty shelf space.  They must have received 10 cases of Dynamic Duo Funhouse, because I saw at least 30-40 in various places in the LEGO section.

That's more like an wake-uper more than a sleeper.  The only knock on this set is the exclusivity at TRU and Lego.  As most recent as Palpatine, Barrel Escape, 2 Hoth Base sets, one thing or another those weren't great sets for investment.  For that money @ the LEGO Shop at Home price, that's a great value with all the minifigures.  It might be another set that just won't die.

Its going EOL for sure folks, along with the rest of the first wave by the end of december, if it doesn't sell out before then!

TRU is trying to unload them all right now for $30 each, actually.  funny thing about that is that they are selling for $65-70 on amazon and feebay

do what you will..

Its going EOL for sure folks, along with the rest of the first wave by the end of december, if it doesn't sell out before then!

TRU is trying to unload them all right now for $30 each, actually.  funny thing about that is that they are selling for $65-70 on amazon and feebay

do what you will..

I'm not so sure on the EOL part but there is money to be made picking these up for 30$ per set, especially right now.

This set was never even remotely a sleeper.
I am going to go against the grain with everyone else though and think it is nearly done. The timeframe it has been out, TRU unusually not jacking up the price at the BOGO sale and LEGO Shop at Home being Sold Out (though it is Christmas time).
My Spidey senses are seriously tingling........

The Funhouse has been sitting at "Sold Out" since just before Black Friday.  I was doing my usual rounds on Lego.com just now, and noticed that it has been upgraded to "Call to Check Product Availability."

Was it available again for a brief period?  Did anybody get one lately?

I don't think anyone is looking there since TRU has a billion of these on the shelf.

I don't think anyone is looking there since TRU has a billion of these on the shelf.

Good point.  I haven't been looking at LEGO Shop at Home as a means to obtain the set, just trying to keep tabs on its status.  But yes, ToysRus has an abundance of them right now.  They usually seem to be in shorter supply there, but I was sure happy to see so many when they had it for $39.99 plus buy one get one half off!

This has me wondering now. More likely they found a few stashed someplace. Just bought up a couple more from TRU few days ago under the impression they were heading out. I bought them for $55 Can, but got a Christmas tree with each which I figure I can get at least $5 for, so figure I paid close to retail. I can live with that, excellent set. 

This has me wondering now. More likely they found a few stashed someplace. Just bought up a couple more from TRU few days ago under the impression they were heading out. I bought them for $55 Can, but got a Christmas tree with each which I figure I can get at least $5 for, so figure I paid close to retail. I can live with that, excellent set. 

Sell those trees now, they're hot! I actually only got like $7.50 each for mine, but that's still $5 profit for almost nothing.

• Like 1

This set is now two years old.  Whether or not it is going away soon, it is a great set that is hard to get at a reasonable discount because of the exclusive nature of it.  If you can get two from TRU for $32 each after tax (in America, at least,) I can't think of a better time to grab up as many as you can afford.  Plus a couple more after that.  :)

Sell those trees now, they're hot! I actually only got like $7.50 each for mine, but that's still $5 profit for almost nothing.

Cool! Thanks for the tip. $7.50 for that little tree really is pretty good, considering no mini figures or rare parts (from what I can tell). 

This set is now two years old.  Whether or not it is going away soon, it is a great set that is hard to get at a reasonable discount because of the exclusive nature of it.  If you can get two from TRU for $32 each after tax (in America, at least,) I can't think of a better time to grab up as many as you can afford.  Plus a couple more after that.  :)

I`m very jealous of you guys down there. $30 is nothing for that set. Excellent figures, stunning box art, virtually perfect set. 

I couldn't agree more!  In the last year and a half, I have promoted 6857 far more than any other set.  I love it.  I have 14 of them, and I feel like it isn't enough.

Nice! That`s a sizeable amount  :thumbsup: It`s funny, with a set like this, people (myself included) want more and more of them. It doesn`t take up much space either, just a perfect set and the price point really is quite good. I`ve just got 4 at the moment, haven`t been able to score any for less than $45 all year. Was holding out for an even better price, but haven`t come across is yet  :laugh: Only so much one can justify paying that price an expecting to make money still, what with so many people buying tons over the last couple months haha