10233 - Horizon Express

fxdl96

Just bought 6 at my local toyshop for 80 euro p.p.

They just put them on the shelfs fresh out of the factory case :-D lucky me.

FYI: This set is also sold out not at intertoys.nl, with a pricetag of 115 euro not cheap at al.. Think they returned some to Lego to fulfil backorders.

My order for 2 from last friday just got cancelled from Lego.

From reading the Briskset forum, it seems a lot of people in the UK who ordered 2 of any discounted set last Friday had their order cancelled, where those who ordered just one got theirs.

Edited by tractorboy

From reading the Briskset forum, it seems a lot of people in the UK who ordered 2 of any discounted set last Friday had their order cancelled, where those who ordered just one got theirs.

They must have been unlucky or just late to the party. I received my 2x SC, 2x AA, 2x EEE, 2x HE and the SOH. I also got the ice skating promo in each of the six orders.

Guest TabbyBoy

They must have been unlucky or just late to the party. I received my 2x SC, 2x AA, 2x EEE, 2x HE and the SOH. I also got the ice skating promo in each of the six orders.

I asked to have mine left out and given to charity as I don't want the main boxes damaged which has happened to too often.  Also, CS thanked me for my "generosity" and this is what allowed me to order another 2x 3E.

I asked to have mine left out and given to charity as I don't want the main boxes damaged which has happened to too often.  Also, CS thanked me for my "generosity" and this is what allowed me to order another 2x 3E.

You are a good Samaritan TB. My skating sets were delivered in pristine condition, even the one sent with the Sydney Opera House. But then TLG have always packaged my sets with plenty of air pockets.

Quick question - Do all the trains increase well - heard in the early days of joining this site that trains and ships were definate winners, but does that just refer to the like of Emerald Night / Maersk, or does it also follow for Horizon Express and City Passenger 7938 ?

The Horizon Express is based on the French TVG high speed train with the Orange colour scheme from the 80's. Lego have really nailed this design, it closely represents the real thing. In Europe this should be a hugely popular train, one which most city enthusiasts will not want to be without.

1990-2.jpg

Edited by Crustybeaver
  • Like 2

I'm no expert on Lego trains, but the HE is not a City theme train (like the 7987, 60051, 60052 etc.), which are easy to find at generous discounts.

It's an exclusive (less widely available) and a more involving build, so is more in line with sets like the Emerald Night & Maersk, which I'm sure will be reflected in its EOL value. Especially in Europe I would think.

At least that's my understanding of it.

Edited by tractorboy

That demo vid changed me from "indifferent investor" to "I want to open 2 of these & run a train that fast around my Xmas tree this year."

In. Credible.

Q: That train is hauling...  I have never set up and run a lego train using the power accessories but guessing this is running on something stronger than the Lego-sold power set?

Alright guys, it's late and I am alone at the bar.  There is a lady on the end, dressed in orange.  Her name is HE, but I assure you she is a she.  I haven't dated her before, in fact, I haven't even considered looking at her.  But now, she is offering to take me home for the night if we go ice skating first.  She said skating is her favorite thing to do on a date, but I'll need to act fast because they are closing the rink soon.

What should I do?