10233 - Horizon Express

fxdl96

Prior to calling it a shelf warmer, I was also encouraging people to buy. When it starts to disappear, I change my tune just to dissuade people from loading up. Come march 2015, I will call this a warehouse shelf leftover. :)

I told people to load up the TH, HH, SSD and other items if you actually read the threads. No different with the Maersk ship and HE. Also quietly stocking up AAs and TB.

If the HE makes a sudden disappearance, this thread will rocket up to 70 pages in no time and whatever we wrote here on page 6 will be buried. I highly recommend at least 2 HE for any collector and flipper. Nobody wants just half a train. Like I said, nows the time to get it. Come panic time, I'll be fooling around calling this a dust collector. :)

I thought we had emazers for this exact thing...

• Like 1

Buy exclusives. They will retire and be worth more money afterwards. You can quote me on that.

They obviously will be worth more money. It's % of growth that matters. If I get 100% gain on a smaller it still doubles my money. I look for gains not overall value. Exclusives are easier because less sales to profit.
  • Like 1

They obviously will be worth more money. It's % of growth that matters. If I get 100% gain on a smaller it still doubles my money. I look for gains not overall value. Exclusives are easier because less sales to profit.

I think he was doing his best Emazers impression....

• Like 2

You might be right, but I also think that "the horde" did spend quite some remaining money on other bigger sets recently.

I mean there's only so much money every month and though some here might have a cornucopia to make infinite investments the majority of people here (possibly) is forced to make decissions. Since HE is still largely available I'd say they decided in favor for other investments (for now!).

So in my opinion (it's only an opinion...) there might be a couple of "seconds" to take a breath before the big run for this one starts.

Absolutely agree. I have a very large capital to invest but I have to make choices and other obvious faster retiring (or I assume) sets get my preference above HE. I'll see now how much I can still spend on HE but it will probably be for the next month or later.

• 4 weeks later...

Same as AA this is sold out at lego shop at home in most of EU countries except the few ones that have this set marked at 15% off sale and still availableble with shipping date of 18 dec there, I belive both sets are only temp sold out to drive the sales around EU and will be available during brick friday-cyber monday sales..

That could be January for all we know

yes. maybe someone knows if Maersk leaked ahead of Emerald Night's retirement. This train discontinuation chart (or an updated one) is probably somewhere previously on this forum, but it's interesting so I'll go ahead and post it.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=10718

• Like 1