10233 - Horizon Express

fxdl96

How do u check stock on toyrus.ca. CA?

Just type in 99 and go to checkout. It will fill reduce your checkout to the available amount.

Of course if there are more than 99 then I'm not sure how.

For ones with limits just type in 99 and it will reset your checkout to the limit and warn you. The key is there will be a second warning if you typed in an amount that originally exceeded the inventory.

Try it with PetShop. You'll notice that as you go from 12 down to 11 (or 10?) the 2nd warning will disappear.

Maybe someone has a better way?

Just got another 4 of these for a total of 6. Let's see if I'll actually let them appreciate in value or if I'll just go nuts and use 4 of them to let a 2x2 configuration drive around. Flat size and girlfriend both hint at keeping them boxed though.

Keep them boxed. If you really want them for the collection, buy it second hand for half the price of what you selling your new ones for in a year. Patience is a virtue

Keep them boxed. If you really want them for the collection, buy it second hand for half the price of what you selling your new ones for in a year. Patience is a virtue

I don't collect, I build and play ;)

My investment strategy is not the most lucrative by far, but it feels very liberating. I basically just buy anything I feel like I might be using at some point and having the option of selling as a safety net that keeps me from totally ruining myself in the process. But as a general advice, I'm sure you are right.

• Like 1

TRU.ca is down to 11 in stock - they had 22 this morning. I wonder if it will last until tomorrow morning??

BTW Is there a magic way to check walmart.ca for inventory? They gladly let you checkout 999 of any item regardless of inventory.

Poofed not long ago.

I forgot to get one yesterday with the 20x bonus airmiles code and it looks like I missed adding another pair to my stockroom. I'd venture that Walmart.ca won't last more than a couple more days. 

Walmart.ca, TRU.ca and now mastermindtoys are all OOS. Are there any other Canadian retailers with this in stock? With solid ebay sold prices (trending at $175 USD not long after moving to sold out) I wouldn't mind adding another couple to my inventory if I could find them at MSRP.

The ones I got from Target.com earlier this week for MSRP were all very early 2013 seal codes.  Something like 07R3 but I can't remember exactly.  They must have been the leftovers they had in their warehouse at the bottom of the barrel, though they all arrived in mint condition.

The ones I got from Target.com earlier this week for MSRP were all very early 2013 seal codes.  Something like 07R3 but I can't remember exactly.  They must have been the leftovers they had in their warehouse at the bottom of the barrel, though they all arrived in mint condition.

Same stickers on the ones I received from Target too.  All in mint condition too.  No complaints here, just wish I had more!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't collect, I build and play ;)

My investment strategy is not the most lucrative by far, but it feels very liberating. I basically just buy anything I feel like I might be using at some point and having the option of selling as a safety net that keeps me from totally ruining myself in the process. But as a general advice, I'm sure you are right.

Build it as it is a great build.  I broke the seals (I think that is like "crossing the streams" from Ghostbusters) and built one book over each of the last 3 days and really appreciate the design characteristics and some of the techniques used.  It is a magnificent set on display and worth every penny.

• Like 1

Required parts to add power functions to your Horizon Express, per the back of the box:

Sets required and alternatives - only available from Lego/Amazon/eBay.  Three sets are available at TRU retail (MSRP +10-15%).

8870 - Power Functions Light - $6.49

8878 - Rechargeable battery box $50 - may substitute 88000 instead and use batteries

8879 - Infrared Controller - not necessary if you already have one from a passenger train or cargo train

8884 - Infrared Receiver - $15

8887 - Power transformer charger for Rechargeable battery back - B/O to August - if you buy 8878, then you can buy this on ebay for $22

88002 - Power functions Train Motor - $14

Cost for 8870-8884-88000-88002 is $49US

Cost for 8870-8878-8884-8887-88002 is $106US

An alternative, as suggested by another member, is to buy a passenger train and take the power functions out and sell the train components separately.

Picture below:

post-30305-0-57438500-1419968822_thumb.j

• 2 weeks later...