10233 - Horizon Express

fxdl96

Still limit 2 in North America. I'd be very surprised to see another large set EOL at this point, mostly because there is no train rumored to replace it. Maybe someone can help my memory, as I thought the HE 'replaced' the Maersk, and although I don't think they were available from S&**** at the same time, there wasn't much of a gap at all between them.

There was indeed a small gap of 1,5 month between them. Honestly, before I looked up this info, I thought it would still be around for a year longer, but comparing these dates, especially that HE is nearing 2 years out, it might be gone sooner then we think.

MAERSK06 Apr 11 - 17 Nov 12

****orizon Express28 Dec 12 - now.

It is possible that they'll use the machinery for more popular sets for kids to satisfy the demand coming from China? It's true that it seems alot...but then again, still enough exclusives available.

That is the exact rumour a lego employee told me. The production quantity of bigger exclusive sets will be decreased. Cause Lego wants to concentrate on the smaller sets. Cause they are sold more. And they are child orientated.

85% of lego end users are children, 15% are AFOLS. As was on the news last week.

That is the exact rumour a lego employee told me. The production quantity of bigger exclusive sets will be decreased. Cause Lego wants to concentrate on the smaller sets. Cause they are sold more. And they are child orientated.

85% of lego end users are children, 15% are AFOLS. As was on the news last week.

In other words, golden times for us :) Hope you still have some money stuffed in your sock under the matrass ;)

If that's the case then it will actually be quite the opposite of the doom and gloom predicted for resellers.

• Like 1

This hasn't stopped TLG from releasing a ton of large ($100+) sets, including plenty of sets aimed directly at AFOLs. I'd agree that smaller sets make up the bulk of their sales, but (correct me if I'm wrong) there are more large exclusives available than at any time in the past.

I'm not saying HE won't retire within the next 6 months, I'm just saying I haven't heard any rumors of a train replacement...has anyone?

This hasn't stopped TLG from releasing a ton of large ($100+) sets, including plenty of sets aimed directly at AFOLs. I'd agree that smaller sets make up the bulk of their sales, but (correct me if I'm wrong) there are more large exclusives available than at any time in the past.

I'm not saying HE won't retire within the next 6 months, I'm just saying I haven't heard any rumors of a train replacement...has anyone?

The question is, is it a set rule that there needs to be 1 creator train in shops. There is still time for anouncements too... Difficult choice this one... Hesitating into buying a few or wait.

With the promo and 2xVIP, there won't be many better opportunities then now to buy this set, I would think.

I bet there will be a lot of people happily buying these at full RRP once it starts doing the dance.

I agree but this is the one set I have been holding out till Thanksgiving to get the 2nd Christmas set and possibly 3x VIP.

It will allow me to get the 2nd set that no one wants so maybe popular and I only lose $6 out of $12 on VIP.

That is my conundrum on it.

Maybe LEGO noticed that having too many large exclusives on the shelves ain't no good for them because they are not selling.

Honestly before I've invested into LEGO I always looked at them like:"yeah those are nice but hell I neither have the money for them nor the space".

Now I feel the same way about them but I still bought them... feeling a little bit sad that I don't have the space to build them all ^.^ As long as it's somewhere in a store the temptation is just way smaller I guess *****

So I wouldn't be surprised if they'd produce less big exclusives. On the other hand LEGO (like all big enterprises) is trying to expand. Whatever helps them doing that will be their choice. If they reduce large exclusives now, they might at any point of time decide to bring out more again...

As for the HE, I don't see it being retired (sold out) before the end of this year/ beginning of 2015.

Why? Because there still are lots of them in the stores and I have the feeling that those bad nasty people who are responsible for the vanishing of HH, GE, TH, SSD, etc. decided to invest in those sets and don't have money or are not yet interested enough to invest into HE.

(That's why I think it will stay some longer... it highly depends on the investors though... if I had to decide which set to buy right now with about 100

• Like 2

As for the HE, I don't see it being retired (sold out) before the end of this year/ beginning of 2015.

Why? Because there still are lots of them in the stores and I have the feeling that those bad nasty people who are responsible for the vanishing of HH, GE, TH, SSD, etc. decided to invest in those sets and don't have money or are not yet interested enough to invest into HE.

(That's why I think it will stay some longer... it highly depends on the investors though... if I had to decide which set to buy right now with about 100

Edited by mscheaf
  • Like 1

Oh please. Don't think for a second the horde won't devour every remaining HE if the right person starts the right rumor.

You might be right, but I also think that "the horde" did spend quite some remaining money on other bigger sets recently.

I mean there's only so much money every month and though some here might have a cornucopia to make infinite investments the majority of people here (possibly) is forced to make decissions. Since HE is still largely available I'd say they decided in favor for other investments (for now!).

So in my opinion (it's only an opinion...) there might be a couple of "seconds" to take a breath before the big run for this one starts.

• Like 1

Amazon has the "item under review" on the listing.  Could this be because they erroneously list it as including the rechargeable battery box?  That would be a great deal, but most afols probably know it's not going to be a $80 train lol.  I would buy ten and paint and kraggle a few for that price.  I'm still paying attention to this one since I need two of these and the complex trains have such good appreciation.  From what I've observed here, I don't know if people will go crazy on this with EOL rumors since the hysteria around the modulers seems to be based on duplicating the gains of the early series models.

The time to accumulate this is this month and next. Once you get enough, sit back and watch te panic buying in march and April. Mind boggling sometimes to see why people can't just buy 3-6 months ahead of time, then when there's a possible retirement, the crying begins and everyone starts refreshing their browser.

Double VIP, toy workshop, what's not to like? Buy one now, and buy another during triple VIP (a big IF). Just check eBay prices now and also check your stores. Bet you can't find any available at your lego store.

There was indeed a small gap of 1,5 month between them. Honestly, before I looked up this info, I thought it would still be around for a year longer, but comparing these dates, especially that HE is nearing 2 years out, it might be gone sooner then we think.

MAERSK: 06 Apr 11 - 17 Nov 12

****orizon Express: 28 Dec 12 - now.

Based on those dates, the HE has lasted beyond its timeframe. It has now outlasted the Maersk train yet is under-hoarded because people are busy refreshing their browser just to get a TH and HH. Wait till this HE train hits home and suddenly disappears.

Based on those dates, the HE has lasted beyond its timeframe. It has now outlasted the Maersk train yet is under-hoarded because people are busy refreshing their browser just to get a TH and HH. Wait till this HE train hits home and suddenly disappears.

Dude.... tone done the rhetorics. You said this august that HH was a shelf warmer, and that no way you are buying it....

• Like 1

Dude.... tone done the rhetorics. You said this august that HH was a shelf warmer, and that no way you are buying it....

Prior to calling it a shelf warmer, I was also encouraging people to buy. When it starts to disappear, I change my tune just to dissuade people from loading up. Come march 2015, I will call this a warehouse shelf leftover. :)

I told people to load up the TH, HH, SSD and other items if you actually read the threads. No different with the Maersk ship and HE. Also quietly stocking up AAs and TB.

If the HE makes a sudden disappearance, this thread will rocket up to 70 pages in no time and whatever we wrote here on page 6 will be buried. I highly recommend at least 2 HE for any collector and flipper. Nobody wants just half a train. Like I said, nows the time to get it. Come panic time, I'll be fooling around calling this a dust collector. :)

• Like 1