10233 - Horizon Express

fxdl96

i think we should inform amazon about this low price and they might price match it they have done it in past anyone can do it by scrolling down at bottom and click "tell us about lower price" http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Horizon-Express-10233/dp/B00ATX7KVK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1366454366&sr=8-2&keywords=lego+horizon+express

$120 is a decent deal, but I'm sure we'll see Amazon discount it to $109.99 at some point. Walmart online also discounted the Maersk Train last year to $105 for awhile and then it dipped to $96.99 for a day or so. If the Horizon Express ever goes below $110 I would suggest buying as many as possible!

What are your thoughts on this guy, I have two set aside for investments right now, I know trains are always solid performers but it is my first train to buy for investment and I have my doubts that it will do ok in the secondary market. I know its a neat design but somehow it just feels way too ordinary, although I had the same reservations about the maersk train and we all have seen how that one did.

What are your thoughts on this guy, I have two set aside for investments right now, I know trains are always solid performers but it is my first train to buy for investment and I have my doubts that it will do ok in the secondary market. I know its a neat design but somehow it just feels way too ordinary, although I had the same reservations about the maersk train and we all have seen how that one did.

The train is actually a French TGV from 1981. I think it will do well.

http://www.kollectobil.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/TGV-Le-Train-Grande-Vitesse-1st-Generation-Orange.jpg

Guest ph4tb0i

Speaking as a train fan (I own the Maersk, Emerald Night, 7939, 7938, 3677) I WANT IT I WANT IT I WANT IT! :)

Yeah, it's going to do well but probably 2015 and onwards so you have plenty of time to buy if you want it for investment purposes. I for one, am going to jump on this and buy it from Target USA as soon as my Target Red Card gets approved (for all the Canadian buyers out there, apparently the RBC Target Mastercard gives you 5% off USA AND Canadian purchases. Will be testing this out to verify :P)

Def buy down the road before EOL. While I'm not crazy about orange, it looks fast and cool. Lego putting in a bathroom is interesting and a plus - ha

Yeah, it's going to do well but probably 2015 and onwards so you have plenty of time to buy if you want it for investment purposes. I for one, am going to jump on this and buy it from Target USA as soon as my Target Red Card gets approved (for all the Canadian buyers out there, apparently the RBC Target Mastercard gives you 5% off USA AND Canadian purchases. Will be testing this out to verify :P)

Sorry to hijack the thread, but please let us Canucks know if the RBC Target Mastercard works or not for the US discounts. Out here on the West Coast, our first Target is set to open sometime in the next month.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ph4tb0i

Sorry to hijack the thread, but please let us Canucks know if the RBC Target Mastercard works or not for the US discounts. Out here on the West Coast, our first Target is set to open sometime in the next month.

Yep. It works!

• 6 months later...

There should be another double VIP points event sometime in March/April. Buy then if you like, or better still, wait until the fall where there are promos as well (should have already done this if you wanted to buy). It`s a newer set, so my guess is loads of time to pick it up still. 

There should be another double VIP points event sometime in March/April. Buy then if you like, or better still, wait until the fall where there are promos as well (should have already done this if you wanted to buy). It`s a newer set, so my guess is loads of time to pick it up still.

Triple VIP points will give it to you for $105 before tax, right? That will likely be your best bet. November 23 online or November 29-December 1.

Edit - MSRP is $130, not $120 so 15% off is roughly $111.

Triple VIP points will give it to you for $105 before tax, right? That will likely be your best bet. November 23 online or November 29-December 1.

Edit - MSRP is $130, not $120 so 15% off is roughly $111.

I thought that was just a rumour? Very happy if it`s true though! Has it been confirmed?