10233 - Horizon Express

fxdl96

The question wasn't so much about prime as it was whether the sets were returns (warehouse) or "new" (amazon).

If the were sold by Amazon (and not warehouse) then they aren't customer returns.  They were sold at a 25% discount. This implies one of two things to me.  Either the no discount on exclusives rule has been lifted, or the rule doesn't apply to sets that are EOL (and Amazon knows this set is EOL).

My suspicion is that there has been no policy change, bu that Amazon is permitted to discount exclusives by up to 30% once they are EOL.

The question wasn't so much about prime as it was whether the sets were returns (warehouse) or "new" (amazon).

If the were sold by Amazon (and not warehouse) then they aren't customer returns.  They were sold at a 25% discount. This implies one of two things to me.  Either the no discount on exclusives rule has been lifted, or the rule doesn't apply to sets that are EOL (and Amazon knows this set is EOL).

My suspicion is that there has been no policy change, bu that Amazon is permitted to discount exclusives by up to 30% once they are EOL.

Pricing mistakes happen all the time. Do we have any other examples since start of 2015?

I do not believe the exclusive pricing agreement is over with.  There are sales everywhere on retiring sets.

Lego sold the 42000 at a discount so they could let Amazon clear out the Horizon express.

Show me a new 2014 or 2015 Exclusive on sale and I will believe the agreement is over.

Example:  If the Tumbler sells at Amazon and Target for 20% off with considerable stock will mean something.

Everything else to me does not indicate anything.

Has the Ewok Village shown signs of EOL? Amazon had it for $200 end of November.

That wasn't a generally available discount if I remember right. Wasn't it a 20% off single item promotion for Amazon Visa card holders?

That is correct. The most recent exclusive discounts I can think of that did not include another promotion are Sandcrawler at TRU and TB at WM. Not sure if we should include AA with GC at WM. Probably others I am forgetting?

edit - TRU also had discount on PR around Christmas. Mine never shipped.

Edited by toycrazedchris

I cannot pay that much for the train. Hopefully it'll pop back in at 96.00. Anyone know where to get the power functions below rrp. I think i need enough for each train in stock. Future buyer needs you know.

TRU is an option but I think that the best method is to start buying then up from LEGO Shop at Home with promos when feasible. Limits shouldn't really be an issue.

One set of each power function will be enough to earn whatever the monthly freebie is and with no rush to sell, you can wait until Christmas sets arrive in the fall and clean up.

An eBay seller has the a/c adapter for the rechargeable battery pack below retail and has lots in stock (22us shipped)

Ex Astris, Scientia.

just curious if anyone here has ordered from Leba House Pub and gotten their HE yet?  just wondering how they are able to sell this for 152$ per and the boxes not be horribly disfigured or something =D

The seller is not Leba House Pub.. That is a mistake in the listing where the mfg name should be "Lego". Has nothing to do with the current seller.. Well, unless the current seller happens to be Leba House Pub. lol

• Like 1

The seller is not Leba House Pub.. That is a mistake in the listing where the mfg name should be "Lego". Has nothing to do with the current seller.. Well, unless the current seller happens to be Leba House Pub. lol

lol, I was wondering that... I think Amazon is going a little bit screwy!  thanks.