10233 - Horizon Express

fxdl96

6 minutes ago, Phil B said:

http://www.amazon.com/LegoTM-Horizon-Express-Train-10233/dp/B00AAI4W4M - $159.99. I bought mine in Nov 2014 for $129.99 (which was MSRP). So no profit whatsoever when compared with MSRP .... So if you missed the boat on this train, now seems like a great moment to buy for the personal collection.

Another listing here too.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Horizon-Express-10233/dp/B00ATX7KVK/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1463666630&sr=8-2&keywords=lego+horizon+express+train

94US after tax in January 2015 from Amazon.com and there were a lot of people who bought them and then had Amazon price match the 10%-20% decrease to $90
 and 120 Canadian (98US) at the same time but I forget from where although they shipped them to me in factory cases so probably TRU.

2 hours ago, feed said:

Last couple sold in UK for £150, these retailed at £80 before VIP and poly, been gone 18 months or so?  Not sure what I'm missing? Were people expecting more?

It's think it's doing ok. It's just that some had sold for between €170 and €200 in March, and now it's back down to €150 or so. Just one of those things I suppose. Maybe when it hit €200, it triggered a glut of new listings. I'm sure it will trickle back up again.

Edited by tractorboy
  • Like 1

On 2 januari 2016 at 8:24 AM, allen9917 said:

I'm wondering people's thoughts on the performance of HE so far. I have to to say I expected a little bit more. "Trains always do great." Given what we see from the trains retired in last couple of years, is that folklore still true?

Mine sold out really fast. I kept one for the LT but in my book this one was a success.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, asharerin said:

I think this set needs another year before it is fully ripe for harvest. Upside is quite limited tho IMO. I would go ahead and sell this before the other 2014 exclusives that have a much bigger audience and more chance to go much higher.

I got rid of some at 1.5 x RRP (2x buy-in) but the rest stay as I have faith in it and may crack open one for myself. The one 2014 exclusive I have no faith in is AA but at least I am down to my last one now, bought for almost RRP :(

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I got rid of some at 1.5 x RRP (2x buy-in) but the rest stay as I have faith in it and may crack open one for myself. The one 2014 exclusive I have no faith in is AA but at least I am down to my last one now, bought for almost RRP :(

Yeah, AA has been a bummer despite being a fantastic designed set.  There really aren't reasons for folks to buy AA because similar versions of the minifigs are in other sets,.  I sold my last new AA last month.  Too bad I didn't buy more HEs instead in 2013 and 2014.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Yeah, AA has been a bummer despite being a fantastic designed set.  There really aren't reasons for folks to buy AA because similar versions of the minifigs are in other sets,.  I sold my last new AA last month.  Too bad I didn't buy more HEs instead in 2013 and 2014.

I wish I had just focused on TH and forgotten about all the other 2014 sets! Sometimes diversification isn´t the best option.

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

I wish I had just focused on TH and forgotten about all the other 2014 sets! Sometimes diversification isn´t the best option.

There is a natural tendency to remember the wins and forget the losses. Diversification never wins, if you discount the losses. It's a bit like Roulette :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lego_fan said:

There is a natural tendency to remember the wins and forget the losses. Diversification never wins, if you discount the losses. It's a bit like Roulette :)

i think many of us never forget our losses.  it's just the smart or lucky sellers have far fewer losses / losers than wins so maybe they are easier to remember.personally, i remember every single loss since 2013.

4 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

i think many of us never forget our losses.  it's just the smart or lucky sellers have far fewer losses / losers than wins so maybe they are easier to remember.personally, i remember every single loss since 2013.

I've been lucky. I don't think I've lost on any picks yet, but I didn't jump on the Exo-Suit bandwagon.

44 minutes ago, jaisonline said:

Some of us just CHOSE to not realize our gains / losses until the items were sold.  

**Check my stacks of VC, Armor Lex, EDB, Friends, Minecraft, ExoSuit, RI, JW (sans RE)...  Yep I am not losing money :thumbsup:

:drag:

• 3 weeks later...