10233 - Horizon Express

fxdl96

my two $96.22 sets arrived late last friday.  nothing beats amazon when they combine orders from different days.  the 2 10233s arrived with my lone subscribed and save item (box of baby wipes). luckily, the HEs had mininal damage (creasing) from the wipes. 

i was also able to successful peal off those 2 diff warehouse barcode stickers from each HE set.

A lot of folks have underestimated the HE. I would kill to have gotten mine at Jaison's pricing; was able to load up during OCT double VIP + the worthless Worriz Fire Bikes. 

Have built one and can say- it's a challenging build and a beautiful display piece. I feel a lot of investors missed the true potential of this one- and I hope I am right.

• Like 1

Trek do you any infants? You seem to have the "keeping track in months" syndrome. ;) anyways in two years I'm not sure this will get to 350 but I have nothing to base that in other than a hunch. What happens with most recently or soon to be retired sets is a spike right a the beginning and then levels off a good bit. People see the spike and get super excited and think the sky is the limit on all these sets and it's just not.

• Like 2

I saw your two on EBAY.  I think since this type of train has not been done before, and the level of quality of the build, it should do quite well.  I see an avarge annual return of 50% plus for 3-4 years.  That would put it at Emerald Night levels in 3 years.  The difference here being that this is a modern city train that"should" be built in multiples.  I also think many people are underinvested on this one due to early negative sentiment.   Lots of people flipping them now even though it is all but gone.  I kick myself for passing up six at the Discovery Center.

Stephen no I know it takes a long time.

Thank goodness I am out of the infant stage with my family but I remember it well.

I am just trying to gauge if someone thinks these are some real winners.

I have a goal amount of R2's, TH, AA, SSD and a few others I am holding long term.

Just trying to gauge if any of these I shoul move into the long term category with them.

I do not get that vibe on this set and I do not get that vibe on 7965 MF nor on the 42000 Racer.  I am not saying they won't appreciate well but I do not think they will appreciate at the level of the previously listed ones.

So at this point I will be QFLL most of them and move on...

I do get that vibe on Red 5 but I think I may be a lone wolf or a member of a small pack of wolves on it.

Anybody else notice Horizon Express switch to "Call to check product availability" on LEGO LEGO Shop at Home today (2/4/15)?  So I called to check product availability and CS said the warehouse was out of stock, but threw in the comment, "I don't see this one going away anytime soon."  I challenged him on that and said that it had been marked down and showed as "Sold Out" and he responded that moving back to C2CPA was a good sign that it wasn't done.

Thoughts?

When I was at the Potomac Mills, VA store (or was it the Tysons Corner store?) before Christmas, lamenting that I had not bought one before they went away, the clerk (apply NaCl) thought that it would have one more production run after Christmas.

I did sell a couple of Fallingwater before Christmas when it was temporarily "Sold Out" on Lego S&****, and we all see that one in green "Available Now" lettering mocking us.

Again, thoughts?

Anybody else notice Horizon Express switch to "Call to check product availability" on LEGO LEGO Shop at Home today (2/4/15)? So I called to check product availability and CS said the warehouse was out of stock, but threw in the comment, "I don't see this one going away anytime soon." I challenged him on that and said that it had been marked down and showed as "Sold Out" and he responded that moving back to C2CPA was a good sign that it wasn't done.

Thoughts?

When I was at the Potomac Mills, VA store (or was it the Tysons Corner store?) before Christmas, lamenting that I had not bought one before they went away, the clerk (apply NaCl) thought that it would have one more production run after Christmas.

I did sell a couple of Fallingwater before Christmas when it was temporarily "Sold Out" on Lego S&****, and we all see that one in green "Available Now" lettering mocking us.

Again, thoughts?

I hope that it comes back to pick up a few more but I suspect that this is done as it simply disappeared with little fanfare. Managers at 4 different stores explained that it was 'retired' or they weren't getting any more and while it is after all a Lego employee (shake shake shake), I like the odds when multiple stores tell me the same thing.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

• 10 months later...

Seeing as the last post in this thread was 11 months ago, you probably have your answer right there. It´s been on the sleepers since then and word is TLG are not planning on making excluive trains short term as they sell badly.

This might work in HE´s favour as train lovers will get it if there is nothing else but there are still a gut of these out there not moving (same as AA) so it is a long term hoard.