Star Wars 2014

Noodlenut

Is that a tiny bar in the cantina, but no barman fig? What about the guy who has the death warrant on 12 systems and his mate???? I guess Lego thought "these little ones are not worth worrying about".

I think the set is ok, because it is the iconic cantina, but the build is no big wow, agreed???? The speeder nearly has the same amount of Lego as the cantina.

• Like 1

Going to be very hard to wait and purchase the Cantina on sale.  Going to want that one Day 1.  Would have loved some other aliens in the Cantina, but Lego is going to fill their big sets with big characters.  Super phyched about the Bith band and new Greedo.  We did get the Ithorian in the Jek set, so he could be made into a Cantina alien as well, since I'm pretty sure there is one in the movie.

Apparently Sandcrawler is confirmed but not as a UCS. Set number 75059 and will be revealed at Brick Cascade in Oregon next month. Will retail at $349.99. So it's still going to be big regardless of whether it's listed as a UCS or not. Slave 1 was supposedly confirmed as well but no info other than it will also be revealed at an event in september. Info is at Hoth Bricks. Brick Fan also repeated the info from there. 

On a side note, i noticed that in the numbering of this years Star Wars sets, there is a gap between set 75046 Coruscant Police Gunship and 75048 The Phantom. Also between the 75056 Advent Calendar and the 75059 Sandcrawler. Is it normal for LEGO to skip over SKUs just as spacers? Or will these unused SKUs be used for special sets we may not know about right now? 

Apparently Sandcrawler is confirmed but not as a UCS. Set number 75059 and will be revealed at Brick Cascade in Oregon next month. Will retail at $349.99. So it's still going to be big regardless of whether it's listed as a UCS or not. Slave 1 was supposedly confirmed as well but no info other than it will also be revealed at an event in september. Info is at Hoth Bricks. Brick Fan also repeated the info from there. 

On a side note, i noticed that in the numbering of this years Star Wars sets, there is a gap between set 75046 Coruscant Police Gunship and 75048 The Phantom. Also between the 75056 Advent Calendar and the 75059 Sandcrawler. Is it normal for LEGO to skip over SKUs just as spacers? Or will these unused SKUs be used for special sets we may not know about right now? 

It is 50/50 for when Lego skips numbers in the set. Sometimes it is because they have a new set coming out with that number soon, or they just don't use it for whatever random reason.

$350?  It better have close to 3300 pieces.  If it's in the low 2,000's then this continues the pricing trend set by Sydney Opera House, Ewok Village, and Sea Cow.

Lego is now pricing in the secondary market appreciation, which makes total sense but it sucks.

I'm hoping that the set has at least 3,000 pieces. Maybe my hopes are too high, but I really want the set to be over 4,000 pieces.

At that price you would have to think that this set is going to have other things going on.  Without using plates for the build, I don't see how a Sandcrawler could possible use  3,000+ pieces.  My hope is that there is the Lars' house with some black skeletons :devil: or possibly Obi Wan's house.  They will probably throw in a Landspeeder in for good measure.

If it is just the Sandcrawler at that price point, it's going to be very intricate. Power functions might be pushing the price up as well.  If this thing moves and lights up :jig:

$350?  It better have close to 3300 pieces.  If it's in the low 2,000's then this continues the pricing trend set by Sydney Opera House, Ewok Village, and Sea Cow.

Lego is now pricing in the secondary market appreciation, which makes total sense but it sucks.

The ewok village is priced above $.10 per piece due to the massive number of figures, and the sea cow is 249.99 for 2700 pieces. Also the Simpson's house came in well under .10 per piece. For 349.99,  I'm thinking this would be in the 3000 - 3300 range you're hoping for PLUS come with a ton of figures. 2/3 jawas 2/3 tusken raiders, owen & beru, several droids, etc.

At that price you would have to think that this set is going to have other things going on.  Without using plates for the build, I don't see how a Sandcrawler could possible use  3,000+ pieces.  My hope is that there is the Lars' house with some black skeletons :devil: or possibly Obi Wan's house.  They will probably throw in a Landspeeder in for good measure.

If it is just the Sandcrawler at that price point, it's going to be very intricate. Power functions might be pushing the price up as well.  If this thing moves and lights up :jig:

That would be insane, and a nice nod to the 1979 remote control toy!

we just have to hope all 3k or so elements are for the sandcrawler itself and no included side builds (e.g. moisture vaporators, landspeeder).  For this set to be larger than the current one, lego needs to include only minifigs with this set (including some droids built with just elements).

i don't even want power functions as that means we'll get a smaller sandcrawler.