Star Wars 2014

Noodlenut

I'm looking forward to a lot of the 2014 SW offerings.  I'm a lifelong Star Wars fan but either a.) was more into other Star Wars stuff, like action figures and comics or b.)didn't have the $$$ for cool sets like AT-AT's and Star Destroyers.  Now that those sets are returning this year I have the chance to pick them up.  I'm also kinda digging all the episode III/phase 2 clone stuff that's on the horizon (battle packs, Greivous' bike, etc.).  I'm much more of an OT fan but I do like all the different clone units and armour markings and all.  It's also the closest thing to a military line Lego does not counting knights.

I'm looking forward to the summer sets as well for a lot of the same reasons. Really excited about the UCS sets if they prove to pan out. I would like to point out that while some are thinking some of the summer sets are considered OT and some Rebels Animated Series, I believe ALL the summer sets are based on Rebels. The ones that appear to be what you would consider OT are probably going to appear early on in the show in some way since a lot of the art for the show is based on McQuarrie's work. I believe that since those may be in the show, they took the opportunity to upgrade a few of them. Some they didn't. Such as the Snowspeeder. But i bet it shows up in the series. Anyways, it's a nice line up and i'm in for all of the summer sets. The current ones about to hit are ok for the different troopers but nearly every set has battle droids. Seems a waste to me. I don't know if i'll get of these or not. They'll have to be really marked down for me to jump on any of those. 

I got three of these at Toys R Us yesterday.  Threw in a Lego Movie CMF with each and got the $15 off $50 on each of them.  Can't beat 30% off a set that isn't even released yet.  I'm gonna try for a quick flip, and if that doesn't work it'll still have an awesome margin as a part-out. 

So far, I've been really impressed with the sets they're putting out this year.  Maybe they're making up for giving us so much bland and boring in 2013.