Star Wars 2014

Noodlenut

Lego officially released some new info on Star Wars Rebels sets at Toy Fair in Germany. There are some images of The main ship, "The Ghost" which I like the look of better in Lego than the cartoon art. There is another ship called "The Phantom" and an astromech called Chopper that I doubt is an actual set but a cool promo build for the fair. The Ghost looks like it comes with 4 figs, a stormtrooper, an alien in the top gunner spot, a female pilot? and a Jedi. I didn't see any good images of he figs. just glimpses on the box art and inside the ships. Here is a link to one of the places I was looking.

http://www.mania.com/star-wars-rebels-chopper-figure-lego_article_139130.html

Lego officially released some new info on Star Wars Rebels sets at Toy Fair in Germany. There are some images of The main ship, "The Ghost" which I like the look of better in Lego than the cartoon art. There is another ship called "The Phantom" and an astromech called Chopper that I doubt is an actual set but a cool promo build for the fair. The Ghost looks like it comes with 4 figs, a stormtrooper, an alien in the top gunner spot, a female pilot? and a Jedi. I didn't see any good images of he figs. just glimpses on the box art and inside the ships. Here is a link to one of the places I was looking.

http://www.mania.com/star-wars-rebels-chopper-figure-lego_article_139130.html

Please Please....do not let that man near any children.....otherwise the ghost does actually look pretty cool....

So I got a couple of the new sets - The Droid Gunship and the Utapau troopers. Sets look way better in person (box wise).

What do you all think? Open them and build? Or sell them for some quick money?

I would flip them now and rebuy them down the road.  A couple weeks ago my TRU randomly had a case of AT-APs on the shelf and I bought 2 of them with the 15% off coupon.  They were surprisingly marked at MSRP ($59.99).  I ended up flipping them and netting about $25 profit each.  The Super Hero sets are great for this.  I sold quite a few Man-bat Attack and Riddler Chase in December.

Super excited for the ISD. Bit worried about the B-Wing though... the wings look so thin and flimsy in comparison to the 2006 model (6208) which i love and have on display. Cockpit looks a lot better though, but i dunno, not what i was hoping for :(

Maybe i'll meld the best of each into one  :shifty:

The wings do look flimsy. I also have the 6208 B-Wing and that set is very sturdy, and the wings are not flimsy because they are several bricks and plates to support it. The new set looks like there is one or two layers of plates and that's it. The new B-Wing reminds me of the 7180 B-wing.

No greedo in the Cantina set?

They really don't look particularly different from the old ones.

If that Cantina doesn't still include Greedo, he will stay worth his $40 or so.

I was hoping to pick up one cheaper when the new set comes out.  Can't tell who the figs are the far left are.  One still might be greedo.

Greedo is in the set, he's the alien by Han Solo, but still preliminary.  The figures are:

Han, Luke, Sandtrooper, Greedo, Obi-Wan, and 3x Bith Musicians

• Like 1

Finally! We'll be getting our hands on the new microfighters on 02/17/14. 

http://www.brickingbad.com/news/lego-star-wars-microfighters-available-in-the-u-s-on-feb-17/

Also, other new SW sets will be available in the U.S. on the same date.

http://www.brickingbad.com/news/new-2014-lego-star-wars-sets-available-in-the-u-s-on-feb-17/