Star Wars 2014

Noodlenut

The old sandcrawler was 1669 pieces and came with 11 figures,,,

So a 3000 piece crawler would be insanely huge.

That's what I'm saying, if the pieces are for the Sandcrawler itself, I think it will be because they are using plates instead of bricks to creat more detail in the "rust" of the vehicle.  Very much like the Cuusoo project which used 5-6k parts iirc.  As for figures, Jawas are a definite, you know there won't be any less than 10144, the kicker is if we get exclusives that haven't been released, though Aunt Beru is about the only one I can think of that would fit the scenes.  I could see something like:

3 Tusken

3 Jawa

6 Droids

Owen

Beru

Luke

How about a Bantha?

From what i read, it will be more of a playset style instead of the usual UCS. So i doubt it will have the motorized functions or light up. But i bet it will come with a bunch of minifigs.

10178 wasn't a ucs and it had power functions. Precedent has been set that a system set can have a motor. My guess is it won't, but it would be awesome if it did.

Well that's just it. It seems Lego can't make up their mind as to what constitutes a UCS set. Some say that if it doesn't say it on the box then it isn't but the current X-Wing doesn't say UCS but the video intro for it says that it is a remake or upgrade from the original UCS X-Wing. So i would say it IS a UCS even though it doesn't say so. It also has the placard that goes with it. Another sign of a UCS. But then they released the B-Wing and R2 both with UCS ON the box. The Ewok Village doesn't say UCS. The Sandcrawler doesn't have a number starting with 10???. It's starting to get confusing what Lego is trying to do now. Either make them UCS or not. Someone should ask them what exactly is the defining criteria when calling a set UCS. 

10xxxx basically means a set is a lego exclusive. Since it has the 75xxx numbering it will be a set that is sold elsewhere. I don't think any sets carry the true "ucs" tag anymore.

Not true. I bought the 10188 from Wal-Mart, and the 10221 from TRU as well as the recent B-Wing (which did carry the UCS tag).

I think he means the brick and mortar stores. You had to get all those through the online versions of those stores. Only exception is when someone orders one for pickup and then doesn't get it so it goes on the shelf. Otherwise, the only way to buy those from a store in-hand is the actual Lego Store. But again, it does still make the UCS question more complicated. 

At that price you would have to think that this set is going to have other things going on.  Without using plates for the build, I don't see how a Sandcrawler could possible use  3,000+ pieces.  My hope is that there is the Lars' house with some black skeletons :devil: or possibly Obi Wan's house.  They will probably throw in a Landspeeder in for good measure.

If it is just the Sandcrawler at that price point, it's going to be very intricate. Power functions might be pushing the price up as well.  If this thing moves and lights up :jig:

One word: TREADS

Anyone who built the 75015 Droid Tank will immediately know to what I am referring. Easily 500 parts will be treads, I bet.

The new one, used the code from Daily Deals thread to get it for $69.99, wouldn't have bought it otherwise.  I love the new figures in it.  I had the old one and still think it's better, but was able to sell it for 2x the new one, so why the heck not? 

I bought the barge for the elephant guy.

Wow, that's an old post I was quoting...

I want the AT AT. I just need to clear out some space in the basement for all the crap I want to buy... The laundry room needs to go.

I just saw that. That is indeed strange. maybe they were behind on production and ran out. Since none of the sets were very expensive to begin with, maybe more people decided to just go ahead and buy them now rather than wait for a sale later? Or maybe whoever updates the site accidentally did something that did an across-the-board error on all new sets?