Star Wars 2014

Noodlenut

I can't help but find it funny that we get all emotionally attached and outspoken about a sand transport vehicle driven by nomadic aliens who use it to haul junk and scrap around to flea markets on a desert planet.

I know. A lot of people pass judgement way too soon. I have yet to see an Ugly Star Wars set that is that huge. Lets just take a deep breath.

• 4 weeks later...

the new 75055 ISD seems smaller than 6211. 

I think you're right, from the scale of the pics at least.  If you look closely though, it appears the minifigs for 6211 are larger, so it may just be the picture.

I do like the observation deck/command room much better for 6211.

The new one looks more correct to scale though. If you kind of stand back and look at the old one the command area looks way to big and the ship itself looks too long. I think they just redid it more to the correct scale. And in the process it lost some of the features of the old one.

The new one looks more correct to scale though. If you kind of stand back and look at the old one the command area looks way to big and the ship itself looks too long. I think they just redid it more to the correct scale. And in the process it lost some of the features of the old one.

I can see that too.  Can't wait to get some official reviews.

the new 75055 ISD seems smaller than 6211. 

You are right, I see 62 pins long on 75055 and 72 pins long on 6211 (I'm tired so I certainly miscounted but not that much).

edit: why did I counted before reading next posts ? WHY ? I'm dumb. lol

I don't think the rest are bad as far as remakes go. Ill get them all since I don't have any of the originals.

Right. I am not saying they are bad, but really not sets I actually feel like I really need to own. Already have the Motorized ATAT, so the only set (besides the Cantina & Sandcrawler) that could interest me and I currently do not own is the ISD. Might end up getting it eventually at a good discount, but there are many other sets I would like to get before that one.

• 2 weeks later...

I personally will be holding off on buying the new sets [except the sand crawler**] for a year or so unless I find them heavily discounted. Why? Because I want to put my money behind other Lego sets that are going to be retiring sooner. This way my money is tied up for less time plus I can always buy the new sets a year from now. I would prefer to buy a few Sopwith Camels now, sell them at Christmas, and then buy the new star wars sets with my profits

** The reason I am going to be buying the sand crawler immediately on release is

1) I think there will be a temporary shortage. Like architect studio. If a set is still in production, but temporarily sold out everywhere, the prices go up on ebay. For example, AS has a MSRP of $150 but going for $200 on eBay. I think the same potential for a quick flip exists with the sand crawler.

2) If my quick flip plan fails, I'll just have a great time building the set myself. It is one I definitely want to own but don't necessarily care if I build it this May or a year from now