Star Wars 2014

Noodlenut

• 3 weeks later...

On Rebelscum, a member from Long Island, NY.

"Picked up all the new SW summer wave sets at my local LEGO Store tonight. They had all the new sets (Mos Eisley, AT-AT, B-Wing, Snowspeeder, Ghost, Phantom, Jek Starfighter and MTT) but did not have the Star Destroyer. They expect to receive it in next week's shipment."

On Rebelscum, a member from Long Island, NY.

"Picked up all the new SW summer wave sets at my local LEGO Store tonight. They had all the new sets (Mos Eisley, AT-AT, B-Wing, Snowspeeder, Ghost, Phantom, Jek Starfighter and MTT) but did not have the Star Destroyer. They expect to receive it in next week's shipment."

Gotta love our good friends from RS. Many are always very helpful with passing along info.

Sent from an iPhone using the Brickpicker app

• Like 1

Was at my local Lego store today (Toronto, Ontario, Sherway) and they had all the new 2014 Star Wars sets. No new Chima yet though. Clerk said they just came in today, and by the looks of it they were selling fast.

Anyways thought i'd pass this along! picked up a Cantina, and debating going back this weekend for the ISD...

I picked up 2 of the Cantina sets to part out because I plan on making a larger MOC with all the pieces.  This is a great set to part out for now with the new Dewback and great minifigures.  I love all the OT goodness we are getting in this wave!

I picked up 2 of the Cantina sets to part out because I plan on making a larger MOC with all the pieces.  This is a great set to part out for now with the new Dewback and great minifigures.  I love all the OT goodness we are getting in this wave!

Plus you need all six band members to make it anyway authentic but LEGO knew that and expect Star Wars fans to complete the scene with all six. Cash tills ringing in LEGO's ears all the way to the bank. :money:

Agreed this is a great set to part out but I think you will need 4 of these to make a decent MOC. This thing is tiny look at the clearance on the Bith's head. It is definitely not In proportion with the land speeder.

post-31269-0-46477200-1406433115_thumb.j

post-31269-0-03606500-1406433138_thumb.j

So after looking at this some more and realizing the width of the cantina is only 6 studs while the land speeder is 8 studs I tried to find a set to compare it to.

Maybe a bad choice but I went with 6860 since it is a licensed theme at the same price $70. 6860 has less minifigs 5 versus 8 and a Maxi for the Cantina but more pieces 691 vs 609. The thing that stood out to me was weight, the Batcave is almost 50% heavier. I know this may be comparing apples to oranges but the Cantina is just too small.

I remember comparing the new creator Bike Shop/cafe to a modular and someone posted a good pic to show how much smaller the bike shop is well the cantina is the same size as the bike shop but only one floor. So 50% less. This set may be a winner in the long run because of the figs but the build is a disappointment IMO. Can someone say JP.

On a good note the Dubok is fetching $30-35 on eBay so off he goes.

So after looking at this some more and realizing the width of the cantina is only 6 studs while the land speeder is 8 studs I tried to find a set to compare it to.

Maybe a bad choice but I went with 6860 since it is a licensed theme at the same price $70. 6860 has less minifigs 5 versus 8 and a Maxi for the Cantina but more pieces 691 vs 609. The thing that stood out to me was weight, the Batcave is almost 50% heavier. I know this may be comparing apples to oranges but the Cantina is just too small.

I remember comparing the new creator Bike Shop/cafe to a modular and someone posted a good pic to show how much smaller the bike shop is well the cantina is the same size as the bike shop but only one floor. So 50% less. This set may be a winner in the long run because of the figs but the build is a disappointment IMO. Can someone say JP.

On a good note the Dubok is fetching $30-35 on eBay so off he goes.

Yeah I completely agree it's exactly like jabbas palace but when I think about it the minifigs and since it's such an iconic part of the original movies Id prolly take any ittiration of it especially since it's been so many years since we got the original cantina lol, and as another bright side it is an improvement over the original one just like jabbas palace is an improvement over its original version :p

I picked up 2 of the Cantina sets to part out because I plan on making a larger MOC with all the pieces. This is a great set to part out for now with the new Dewback and great minifigures. I love all the OT goodness we are getting in this wave!

I'm thinking I may do the same... I'm guessing it will require about 6 Cantinas to do what I want with it. Having 6 of the new Dewbacks will be nice... definitely will not sell those.

My basic idea for the moc is a bar area that is a 2X3 section (a section would be the bar, Cantina band area, Han shot first area, ect, in the real set) making the final product about 4X6 a section, which requires atleast 6 sets... it'll be expensive but worth it to me. Not to metion I already have many tan bricks that will be very helpful.

On a curious whim, I looked up the inventory for this year's regular B-Wing set (75050) and found something of interest with the minifigures. For those of you who were bummed about Series 4 from the Planets line not making its way over here stateside may be happy to know that you can still acquire the suit which was exclusive to the Endor/B-Wing Starfighter set previously as now the character Ten Numb in the 75050 B-Wing set is sporting the same outfit. Heck, a couple part swaps of the head, visor, and helmet will give you the exact same B-Wing Pilot from the Planets set if you wanted to.

B-Wing Pilot (75010) / Ten Numb (75050)

sw455.jpgsw556.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The constant redesign of these stormtroopers is getting to be pretty annoying.  So much for having a cohesive looking army!

Not for me. New ones always sell super well. I sold all mine for 30$ /each set of 2.

All these sets are just top notch by the way. Love them. The new Bwing is pretty nice as well. Hopefully renew some interest in the big one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Guess what decided to surface this fine afternoon?

Don't really care for all the stickers... But otherwise I really like it!

EDIT: Video seems to not want to work... Link is correct. If you would like to see the pictures check out Just2Good's channel on Youtube. Pictures are NOT confidential.

Edited by exciter1
I think I fixed it
  • Like 3

Guess what decided to surface this fine afternoon?

Don't really care for all the stickers... But otherwise I really like it!

EDIT: Video seems to not want to work... Link is correct. If you would like to see the pictures check out Just2Good's channel on Youtube. Pictures are NOT confidential.

Damn that set and box look incredible! I'm a huge slave 1 fan so I can't wait!