Star Wars 2014

Noodlenut

I just got my LEGO Club magazine and there is an article which reads, "Starting on May 4th, go to LEGO.com/starwars to help us celebrate the 15th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars! Upload your LEGO Star Wars creations, play games, or even "Like" a creation to help move the Force-O-Meter toward the dark side or the light side. The winning side will be announced on June 15th for "I Am Your Father's Day", when we will reveal a special surprise! So looks like we have a surprise set coming! :D 

I just got my LEGO Club magazine and there is an article which reads, "Starting on May 4th, go to LEGO.com/starwars to help us celebrate the 15th anniversary of LEGO Star Wars! Upload your LEGO Star Wars creations, play games, or even "Like" a creation to help move the Force-O-Meter toward the dark side or the light side. The winning side will be announced on June 15th for "I Am Your Father's Day", when we will reveal a special surprise! So looks like we have a surprise set coming! :D

Maybe they will release the rumored UCS Slave I!

I am thinking maybe a carbon freeze chamber. The new promo poster shows the duel and the stairs in the carbon chamber are made of LEGO. Plus, this is for father's day. The gantry right after the carbon freeze duel is where Vader reveals himself to be Luke's father. I could be wrong but i sense a strong tremor in the force. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

A report about a previously unknown set, 75058, has appeared after an image taken from the back of the new Mos Eisley Cantina set instructions displaying six new minifigures has surfaced which are Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Naboo Royal Security Guard, Battle Droid Pilot, Battle Droid, and PK-4 Worker Droid. Rumor is it may be another store exclusive but nothing to help pinpoint as to which retailer.

via The Brick Fan

13953299487_701b86fb0e_b.jpg

A report about a previously unknown set, 75058, has appeared after an image taken from the back of the new Mos Eisley Cantina set instructions displaying six new minifigures has surfaced which are Obi-Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, Naboo Royal Security Guard, Battle Droid Pilot, Battle Droid, and PK-4 Worker Droid. Rumor is it may be another store exclusive but nothing to help pinpoint as to which retailer.

via The Brick Fan

Looks like we will be getting a Episode I set later this year.

I was wondering if anyone had heard if they are going to make any new sets for the Star Wars Rebels cartoon. I would assume not since they usually release these before the show or movie is out. I think it would make a very good junior star wars line.

Also about the new movie, do you think they will release anything prior to the movie release like with Lego Movie and the Hobbit or will it remain more secretive. I also think they may stop making clone wars and old republic sets once these new movies come out.

I was wondering if anyone had heard if they are going to make any new sets for the Star Wars Rebels cartoon. I would assume not since they usually release these before the show or movie is out. I think it would make a very good junior star wars line.

There will be two sets based on the Star Wars Rebels show. First is 75048 - The Phantom for $24.99, second is 75053 - The Ghost at $89.99.

75048_main.jpg

75053_main.jpg

via The Brick Fan

Naboo cruiser UCS?  :sorcerer:

Naboo cruiser UCS?  :sorcerer:

It's really hard to tell. Many expect it to be a MTT remake, but that doesn't make sense because of the lack of...everything cool really, in the MTT vehicle alone, and the original draw was all those battle droids to deploy on your LEGO battlefield. Even the very first MTT had more droids than TWO. Seeing the guard and the two Jedi makes me think of perhaps a Naboo Theed Palace siege playset, but the PK-4 hints at a vehicle instead, so the Naboo Cruiser would be a cool option and fits with Light side characters. But THEN the battle droids make less sense - there's a blue pilot droid, what is he piloting? Perhaps a paired ship set, like Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and the Droid Fighter?

A quick search of the PK-4 on Wookiepedia does mention the Trade Federation starships...but then the Naboo guard would be the odd one out if that was the set.

So who's got other speculative theories? :D

(Also, I'm totally digging the McQuarrie troopers in Rebels, but in the Phanton set, holy cajole if that helmet is supposed to be a stormtrooper helmet that is the ugliest bucket I have ever seen on a Minifig. Though the Ghost has it's own Stormtrooper with a normal/new helmet, so maybe not?)

An image of the new 75058 MTT has surfaced!

This is the set that contains the minifigures found in one of the 2014 instruction booklets.  My guess is that it will retail at $80 USD.  I think that the old MTT was better, though.

What is that thing ? It looks like we are in the early 2000's again.

Lego's getting sloppy with their history.

The Jedi and Panaka weren't even AT that battle.

Sheesh.

- oh lord forgive me for noting factual differences in a Non-OT 'film'. [commences self-loathing]

That's awesome, fantastic and quick observation there.