Star Wars 2014

Noodlenut

Yeah, the whole line seems definitely targeted at the younger crowd, looking at the price points and the abundance of figs and spring guns. Perhaps we should start stockpiling the regular guns to speculate? But something tells me Lego isn't going to keep up the hairdryer nonsense for long, probably after this wave or the next they will go back. I'd even rather these guys (for anyone that remembers):

P1110395.JPG

I have a lot more of these types of guns than the newer ones. I like these better for some reason.

These pictures have convinced me of two things:

1. Looks like 1x1 studs will skyrocket in price, as thousands of elementary school students lose them on the playground
  2. The value of the pre-2014 sets are going to skyrocket while everything afterwards well... not skyrocket.

Or Lego released a bunch of BS to punk resellers. lol

• Like 1

Wow you think lego could have done a decent job with the cannon set that has Plo Koon and the Wolfpack but instead they were like "screw it, we'll make it an exclusive." I mean it looks like the skeleton, come on lego you can do better. 

The only ones I'll probably get will be the battle packs and the general grievous set, only to be disappointed that lego avoided the golden opportunity of including a redesigned boga. No pointless redesigned ships for me.

Another thing that bothers me is the box art this year.  I don't know if it's the color scheme or Vader reaching out to get me, but I don't like it.

When I first saw the new boxes on brickset I thought someone had finally added some 10 or 15 year old sets or something.  I can't put my finger on it, but there is something that just screams retro about those boxes.  :afro:  And not in a good way.

I like the Coruscant Police Gunship. Looks like there is a lot of rare pieces from what I can see.

I'm glad you like it, because I think that thing is God awful.  I'm sure it's a great likeness to the real thing in CW, but that looks it should have been in a Space Police theme, not Star Wars.  "Rebels" sets and Episode 7 can't get here fast enough.  I can't stand CW sets.

Microfighters = dumb

Trifighter - Did they even change it from the last iteration outside of the new missile thing-y?

I'm glad you like it, because I think that thing is God awful.  I'm sure it's a great likeness to the real thing in CW, but that looks it should have been in a Space Police theme, not Star Wars.  "Rebels" sets and Episode 7 can't get here fast enough.  I can't stand CW sets.

Microfighters = dumb

Trifighter - Did they even change it from the last iteration outside of the new missile thing-y?

Damn man, do you need a hug?

I think the microfighters is a cool idea and I'll probably grab all of them. Different strokes, I guess.

• Like 1

Damn man, do you need a hug?

I think the microfighters is a cool idea and I'll probably grab all of them. Different strokes, I guess.

Nah, my wife hugged me this morning.  I just don't like this wave and am tired of rehashes, though I did buy a Sail Barge today.  I'm an OT guy, since it's what I grew up with and just don't like Clone Wars.  I wasn't a fan of the Planet sets, but like them more than these.  I know they are targeted for beginners and kids, I am not the demographic for these sets.  Looking forward to the summer sets when the bigger sets come out.

Nah, my wife hugged me this morning.  I just don't like this wave and am tired of rehashes, though I did buy a Sail Barge today.  I'm an OT guy, since it's what I grew up with and just don't like Clone Wars.  I wasn't a fan of the Planet sets, but like them more than these.  I know they are targeted for beginners and kids, I am not the demographic for these sets.  Looking forward to the summer sets when the bigger sets come out.

6210 or 75020? I've been debating the new one, but everyone here seems to hate it.

6210 or 75020? I've been debating the new one, but everyone here seems to hate it.

The new one, used the code from Daily Deals thread to get it for $69.99, wouldn't have bought it otherwise.  I love the new figures in it.  I had the old one and still think it's better, but was able to sell it for 2x the new one, so why the heck not? 

Microfighters = dumb

It does seem like it belongs to the Space Police theme. I will probably buy the set for the pieces in it. I agree with you that the microfighters are dumb. They are just like the SW Planet Series. I expect them to be clearanced in the US for a while. I am still finding some Series 2 Planets in some stores.