Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - September 2013

TheDarkness

Usually people will add a keychain to get over the minimum purchase amount since it's about the cheapest item you can buy in the store.  It can be any keychain in the store unless you need it for the SW polybag.

Thanks. But I have lost track, what the SW minimum spend?

Maybe not initially. If I was someone in the US I would be purchasing from a Lego store as soon as they open and listing the clone straight away. The market will be flooded with them soon enough and the price will drop. It sucks to be those people who were buying these for $100+ not long ago.

I expect the VW to surpass it quite comfortably down the road.

It turn I would expect that this lowers the value of a lot of other Exclusive minifigures. Obviously Lego is not opposed to redoing them.

Is it just me, or does battle of hoth look like a really bare bones set for $50?

I agree, plus aren't all the pieces basically just put together from other Hoth sets?

I know it's an exclusive, but I may rather get sets I actually want, even if they're also available at walmart...

Usually people will add a keychain to get over the minimum purchase amount since it's about the cheapest item you can buy in the store.  It can be any keychain in the store unless you need it for the SW polybag.

I never paid attention to this before, but will SW keychains be counted as an SW item for reaching $50 SW poly requirements ? i.e. if I buy 11 SW keychains (~$54), will I get a SW poly ?

Of course you could always return the purchases and keep the polybags for no money down, lots of profit up.

I'm going to need at least 1 clone for me/my son, so I'll have to spend enough to get at least 2. MY Lego store has been good about givign you multi polybags if you spend enough ie $100 in Star Wars purchases gets you 2 clones. I wonder if they would give me the VW too at that price?

I never paid attention to this before, but will SW keychains be counted as an SW item for reaching $50 SW poly requirements ? i.e. if I buy 11 SW keychains (~$54), will I get a SW poly ?

I don't know, but I would guess a SW keychain would count toward your SW poly purchase.

I don't know, but I would guess a SW keychain would count toward your SW poly purchase.

I think the starwars keychains would qualify, since they show up under the star wars category on the s@h website. Lots of stocking stuffers/party favours?

Ok, if they are found under SW category, then they should qualify.  I did not need 11 keychains, that was just a supporting example for my question :)  

Apart from being pretty dumb (imo) I bet it would....

Why not buy something liek Hoth Battle or whatever...

unless you really love those 14 keychains or something lol

Yeah, it sounds super lame, but I can flip the keychains here for 80% of profits.

I might cave in and get the R2D2 as well.  Saw it at the store...even the box looks amazing.  Doubt it will retire anytime soon but just a really nice set to have.  

Or maybe Tower Bridge.  Getting a couple Super Heroes sets (Hulk, Funhouse etc.) would be cheaper and do the trick too.  Will try to sweet talk or maybe bring my little son along in one of his licensed Lego t-shirts and try to score two vw camper polybags lol.  Don't really care about the SW minifig personally.