Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - September 2013

TheDarkness

I placed Droid Escape second only because I have seen separate listings where the two Sandtroopers were sold as a pair and another with C-3PO and R2-D2 together and both were going for almost as much as the set retail itself. Not too shabby I think, and I've seen Droid Escape on discount here and there like this week selling for $12 I believe.

Yeah but he was talking about buying them from LEGO Shop at Home to ensure he got the VW.

So probably about $25 on ebay after fees? I think it's good enough to break even and get the main set I want for cheap!

When I submitted the review the other day, bricklink prices were

Name Past 6 Month Avg (SOLD) Currently Selling (AVG)

Wolverine $7.33 $8.45

Magneto $4.95 $7.13

Deadpool $5.28 $6.88

Going by the sold listings, the three minifigures total $17.56, with the current asking prices totalling $22.46. As those are bricklink prices, I would imagine that ebay prices would possibly be higher.

The VW polybag wil lbe worth much more than Clone luitenant...

I expect Clone to be worth around 10-15$ while VW Will be easily above 15 if not above 20$ atleast for the first 2 weeks!

Maybe not initially. If I was someone in the US I would be purchasing from a Lego store as soon as they open and listing the clone straight away. The market will be flooded with them soon enough and the price will drop. It sucks to be those people who were buying these for $100+ not long ago.

I expect the VW to surpass it quite comfortably down the road.

• Like 1

Maybe not initially. If I was someone in the US I would be purchasing from a Lego store as soon as they open and listing the clone straight away. The market will be flooded with them soon enough and the price will drop. It sucks to be those people who were buying these for $100+ not long ago.

Yeh the Clone might end up being a 8-12$ figure

VW polybag will almost always be worth (maybe excluding the flood) a 15$+ polybag ...

Its way more detailed.... 

On the calendar I have, there are two Lego stores opening:

Canada:

Guildford town centre in surrey, BC - sept 20-22

US:

Westfield Topanga

Canola park, ca - sept 27-79

Guildford. In Surrey. In Canada. Well that confused me, considering I am only an hour away from Guildford in the county of Surrey in the UK.

I got all excited for a while there! :(

It really depends on how good (or bad) the clerk is.  I've been allowed and denied at the same Lego Store trying to get multiple polys on large orders.  I bought a TB + a couple Speedorz for my son once and they wouldn't budge on a second PB, yet I bought two B-Wings (May the 4th) and the guy threw in a couple Hoth Hans.  It really is hit or miss.

I think most will allow you to split orders if you can make two greater than $50/$75, although I saw one person (at the same LS) get shot down by the manager for trying this.  Needless to say, I didn't press my luck when it was my turn in line...

I was intending to make purchases either in store hopefully just over the

Yeh the Clone might end up being a 8-12$ figure

VW polybag will almost always be worth (maybe excluding the flood) a 15$+ polybag ...

Its way more detailed.... 

It is, and I think it gives the casual car fan who might not be into Lego another option. The full sized VW isn't cheap for someone who isn't into Lego. This will be a cheaper alternative to dip their toe into the Lego waters

Anyone planning on getting the ewok village? Lego exclusive so prob won't be any discounts, and it qualifies for both polybags.

While there may be someone that would spend big to get both polybags, I think that everyone would like to spend the minimum to get them. IIRC, Battle of Hoth is an exclusive and close to the qualifying ammount, add a keychain or something and you are set as far as the Star Wars part is concerned.

I was thinking starting a new thread but as this one has been re-activated, I thought I'd ask the question here.

What are the best sets to but to get your VW minis.

To my mind you should only buy exclusives. Buying something at full RRP that you can get cheaper elsewhere just for the VW mini is inefficient investing.

Also buying sets that are more than twice the price of the VW mini price threshold is also inefficient. So that rules out large sets like the modulars, SOH, HH etc...

So what does that leave us: This is where my knowledge of small to medium exclusives lets me down. I can think of:

21103 Delorean

I was thinking starting a new thread but as this one has been re-activated, I thought I'd ask the question here.

What are the best sets to but to get your VW minis.

To my mind you should only buy exclusives. Buying something at full RRP that you can get cheaper elsewhere just for the VW mini is inefficient investing.

Also buying sets that are more than twice the price of the VW mini price threshold is also inefficient. So that rules out large sets like the modulars, SOH, HH etc...

So what does that leave us: This is where my knowledge of small to medium exclusives lets me down. I can think of:

21103 Delorean

Agreed - the first day or two selling this will fetch some great prices for this poly. After that, it will come down fast from the glut of PBs on eBay.

Ah ye then it does not matter :D

and ye Battle of Hoth is the best call :P

Is this you practicing your Town Cryer accent? :P

So the BoH and a Delorean together could be a good call.

Hopefully if the BoH remains an exclusive it may stay in relatively small numbers. The problem I have with most SW sets is that the market seems to be flooded as there are so many of them. There are exceptions of course, like the B-Wing.

Is this you practicing your Town Cryer accent? :P

So the BoH and a Delorean together could be a good call.

Hopefully if the BoH remains an exclusive it may stay in relatively small numbers. The problem I have with most SW sets is that the market seems to be flooded as there are so many of them. There are exceptions of course, like the B-Wing.

haha not practicing :P Im finalizing !!! :D

Yeh BoH and Delorean might be a great call... but i think you need to add keychain right? or does BoH gets you over the req?

I only have 1 planet series set from SW so far... sold my Y-wing in parts long ago lol