Shop at Home Store Calendar and offers - September 2013

TheDarkness

My strategy is to place my new order once tracking shows up and has left the warehouse on the previous order. Should put me at one every few days.

By mid-month, we'll be settled in at the new house and I'll be able to get onto my usual buying routes and buy at Lego stores, instead of LEGO Shop at Home, provided they have the polys in stock.

Probably 3 or 4.  I usually don't worry about gnats-assing it to the break off point for freebies, I'm looking at picking up Volkswagons, Camels, and have to figure out what SW sets I want to get the Clone.

You can usually get the Camel cheaper at Amazon.

With my budget I should be able to do 2 purchases, more if I can sell some vintage sets.

Are most of you going to put in many seperate orders to get a few of each polybag, rather than just 2 with one big order?

Absolutely. I am a merchant, and leaving freebies on the table is just plain wasteful in my world.  :shocked:

(Edited to add: It would not, however, surprise me much if Lego closed the loophole sometime on this and made the freebies one-per-VIP-account.)

Absolutely. I am a merchant, and leaving freebies on the table is just plain wasteful in my world.  :shocked:

(Edited to add: It would not, however, surprise me much if Lego closed the loophole sometime on this and made the freebies one-per-VIP-account.)

Agreed anything else would be wasteful. I will be aiming to spend as close to the minimum spend each time. So no very large sets.

Interestingly VIP have just emailed me saing last chance to get my friends freebie for August. And I have already got one so that loophole remains open...hopefully. :)

Agreed anything else would be wasteful. I will be aiming to spend as close to the minimum spend each time. So no very large sets.

Interestingly VIP have just emailed me saing last chance to get my friends freebie for August. And I have already got one so that loophole remains open...hopefully. :)

They'll never close that loophole.  TLG is selling their product at MSRP rather than wholesale directly to you.  You'll see how quickly people stop buying at the Lego stores.

Are most of you going to put in many seperate orders to get a few of each polybag, rather than just 2 with one big order?

Of course! I`m going to place at least 2-3 order and I`ll be visiting in store hopefully next week. See if they`ll let me split my purchases for multiples, I`ve never tried. Try to keep to the minimum, but I want a Tower Bridge so for one purchase I`ll be out of luck in that respect. 

Hell Yeah.  In July I put in 8 separate orders to get the hotdog guy.  I don't think it matters how many orders you place, or how soon the next order is placed. One time I placed 4 orders within 4 minutes and I received the free polybag item with each order.

This time around I'm looking at picking up several (3 or 4) R2D2s, 4x Volkswagon camper, a couple of Tower Bridges, and then doing some combo of Funhouse and the exclusive MF witch set.

Any other Star Wars Items that are good to invest in?  I'm not into the smaller sets....considering a couple of Millenium Falcons....I don't know...

I think the MF is a great set, I've got a few stashed away. But I don't think I'll be buying more until the holidays, because it's possible it will be around for a looong time. It's already well past a normal set's shelf life, and every time we think retailers are through stocking it, more show up. Emazers says it's on the order form through the end of 2013. My money says it won't eol till holiday 2014 at the earliest. It's just too iconic to not have it represented in the theme, and TLG is probably getting tired of remaking it.

Im thinking of the millennium falcon too. If you sell both the polybags, you get a pretty substantial "discount" on the MF.

I also thought about the MF as every house needs one but again, darned Amazon's EU sites have it at such a nice price that it does't make sense for me to buy it there, not even after selling the polybags.

I placed 4 orders with LEGO Shop at Home in August. The first two on August 4 and 5 and the second two on August 19 and 26. I was just opening boxes and I noticed that I did not receive the free Galaxy Squad polybag with the second 2 orders. Both were well over the requisite amount to get the polybag. So, it looks like either LEGO Shop at Home ran out of the Galaxy Squad polybags or LEGO Shop at Home is limiting the amount of polybags per person. I really really really hope they just ran out. Did anyone get a free polybag toward the end of the month?